1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 12-08-2010, 06:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beast, 427FE Replica (390 Block)
Neutral     
Default Assembly, Street Beast Cobra

Just bought an incomplete kit from privet party. It came with steel rims with 295/50-15's in the back and 235/60-15 in the front. The front tires stick out an inch or so from the fender and hit fender walls when turned. The rear are too far in the fender, about 2-3 inches. The kit had factory performance suspention from streetbeast. Tublar in front and what looks like narrowed 9" Ford rearend with four link and panhard bar.

Does anyone know if the FactoryFive rim set, 15/8 front and 15/10 in the back has the right backspace/work for me.

My problem is that the assembly manual is useless and I can't get ahold of Streetbeast support. No one is answering their main phone, I have left masseages on the phone and e-mail. Read some less then faverable reviews about them. Their customer support phone has a message saying that "due to economy, we no longer provide this service". I am sure I would run into other problems down the line as I have never done a kit before. By the way I am in Los Angeles, CA.

Advice anyone!
Old 12-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Regularly Offensive
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf
Not Ranked     

I beleive there was a post this week about them possibly closing for good........

found it.......

Street Beast finally going out of business

Too close for missles, switching to guns.........

Last edited by thudmaster; 12-08-2010 at 06:53 PM..
Old 12-08-2010, 06:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ClassicRoadster 4.6 supercharged
Not Ranked     
Default street beast

sorry you just purchased one of the worst kits out there. I am sure you will find help out there from this post I have done two street beast kits and they are closed for good we all hope
Old 12-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

Don't know what to tell you about the front other than to get a shorter tire. You can use wheel spacer in the rear to push the tires towards the outer fender.

The other option is to take it to a local specialty tire shop and have them figure what rim offset you can use. They might charge you for this. But if you buy your tires and rims through then you might be able to get it for free.

You tell them what type of rims and the look that you want. Let them figure out the size and offset.

Chain store tire shops probably could not do it.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1995 CMC 390 4 speed, blue, and 2002 CMC 390 C6 red.
Not Ranked     

I have had three of their frames and one had their conrol arms on the front. They were all about equal in "spindle outset " or total front width. Got correct off- set fronts from compomotive and on the next car a PS engineering set. Cars have worked super for 16 years and have been run hard.... Cars are better than most say

Joe
Old 12-10-2010, 09:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 86 Everett Morrison 90" WB. 428 FE
Not Ranked     

I posted this before, look up Streetbeast at You Tube. This fella has multiple vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFw_63V6v5M
Old 12-16-2010, 01:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Street beasts appear to be closed

It appears that street beasts may be closed for goor. I have been trying to contact them for the last month regarding my car that i paid for in full but have not taken delivery of. Their phone number seem to be out of order and no one answers my e-mails. I guess that is a 15K mistake on my part. And I thought the 15k was a good deal. I guess good deal for them.

Last edited by ouch808; 12-16-2010 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: missing information
Old 12-16-2010, 07:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar LS 427, Keith Craft 501,Toploader
Not Ranked     

Streetbeast, none of the Cobra car companies,(including Factory Five) make wheels. Kinda like tcrist said, just call Vintage or Team III or whoever you want and they'll walk you through on ordering the correct back space so your wheels look perfect.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks everyone for all the advice. Have not been able to log in to check responses. Looks like I will not be able to assemble it myself. Had to move, no garage anymore. lost my house to the bank.

Anyone has an idea as to how much should be reasonable cost for labor for assembly, minus paint and cosmetics (just to make it drivable). Engine, transmission and suspension are already on the kit. I have all new after-market parts.

Also if you guys know of anyone capable in the los Angeles area.

Thanks.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

You should be able to finish it without too many problems, but you must solve them one-at-a-time. I saw a S/B Cobra several years ago and it didn't look that bad. You're gonna have to learn to do some things yourself, but that might be a good thing. Keep your spirits up, the other guy who posted didn't even get his car. Wheels can be bought with any offset you need, just keep contacting manufacturers to see what they have. Good luck and stay positive.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It sounds like your getting close,the little stuff seems to take the longest to do.Partly because we all tend to get anxious when close to driving our projects.As Zoera mentioned the manufacturers are more than willing to help you out.My CMC/StreetBeast car took me approx 3yrs to finish,lost my career job part way through.It was well worth the time and aggravation.Focus on one area at a time finish it, then move on,worked that way for me.Labor costs? Spend the time to ask around who is good at what they do meet them talk it over see what you can work up.Good Luck
Old 06-12-2011, 08:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 86 Everett Morrison 90" WB. 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Streetbeast, sorry to here about your loss.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Era 351, Contemporary 351
Not Ranked     

Streetbeast,
I have build several S/B cars and with a little works they can be very nice cars. They had 1 1/4" shorter tubular control arms for the front of some of there car to get the wheels tucked inside for tire clearance. I have one set of new control arms and some other parts left fro the last S/B I build. let me know if you think they will help.

Good luck
Old 08-09-2011, 04:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

P205/70HR-14" in front and P255/70HR-15" on back, is what worked for me... I used the rims that came with the kit... I made a streetbeast, pics in my profile... your car had 15" all around from the donor car...
Old 08-09-2011, 04:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

My front suspension is stock mustang ii... the rear is 8.8 stock 1984 mustang...
Old 11-07-2011, 11:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Talking 66 cobra

i'm needing an assembly manual for a 66 street beast cobra, thankyou, tommy
Old 11-08-2011, 06:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Fiberfab international classic cobra
Neutral     
Default Did you get find the manual???

I have one but I dont want to completely let go of it. I may be able to scan specific sections if needed..... PM Me
Old 11-08-2011, 10:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR SLC, Graziano 6-spd, LS3
Not Ranked     

To find the correct offset for your wheels, get one of these ($69 at Jegs or Summit): Wheel Rite - Wheel and Tire Fitment Tool

Pete

Last edited by PSB; 11-08-2011 at 10:39 AM..
Old 11-22-2011, 02:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Streetbeast, 351W
Not Ranked     

trust me, you are better off without the manual.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey guys,

I was a little out of it, dealing with life... Finally moved in a place with a garage. So now I am back and starting on my BEAST again. I immediately got in trouble... busted my "ididit" tilt column trying to mount the boss. I am using "moto-lita" steering wheel and boss. the center hole of the boss was too tight.

Want to get advice as to which column to use!

Since I bought the kit from private party along with the parts, I don't have specs, but I would like to keep the steering wheel. It has 6 bolt. the distance between to two top bolts is wider then the rest. My understanding is that the standard is 70mm, equal space for all. So looks like I have to use the boss I have.

Since I have to buy a new column, my question is; do the center bolt of the columns come in different sizes?

So any advice as to which column should work?

Thanks.

Tags
advice, assembly, help please, street beast, wheels

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: