Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Cobra Build Logs (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/cobra-build-logs/)
-   -   Big Block Street (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/cobra-build-logs/142640-big-block-street.html)

cobrakiwi 08-12-2019 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMH (Post 1465469)
Interesting transmission mount! I like it! Do the mounting ears on the transmission actually sit on the cross member?
Larry

Larry
No part of the transmission touches the cross member or frame.:)

cobrakiwi 08-12-2019 03:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A couple more small repairs,

cobrakiwi 08-12-2019 04:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Next up is designing and building the exhaust system, any of you cobra street car builders out there have any good pictures of the under car exhaust system you could share.:D

Also looking for pictures of the battery tray and location on the street cars, I believe it fits in front of the passengers footbox?

cobrakiwi 08-24-2019 09:25 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Foot box's installed so I can locate where the missing tubes need to go.
Also we can start on the exhaust.
Gas pedal support mocked up.
More unused holes that need to be filled.:eek:

hauss 08-24-2019 10:00 AM

Who ever used the mig welder, needs to go back to school. The tig welds however look great. Hope these were before and after pictures.

cobrakiwi 10-22-2019 03:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have most of the frame corrections done, put the body back on so we can set the doors, hood and trunk lid.

t walgamuth 10-22-2019 04:54 AM

Are the original wheels aluminum?

cobrakiwi 10-22-2019 02:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by t walgamuth (Post 1467747)
Are the original wheels aluminum?

Yes, the original sunburst wheels are cast aluminum.

t walgamuth 10-22-2019 04:43 PM

They'll clean up nicely.

Bill D 10-23-2019 07:22 AM

I just love watching great craftsmanship at work

cobrakiwi 10-24-2019 03:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks

Frame and parts ready for powder coating.

cobrakiwi 12-02-2019 04:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Frame back from powder coating, we have the body mounted, windscreen fitted and the tonneau cover mocked up.

cobrakiwi 12-02-2019 04:23 AM

4 Attachment(s)
before the car goes to paint I want to get the trunk pan installed.
the fiberglass street pan was just a bit to tight to fit this frame, my solution, make one up that will fit.
Just need to cut in some access holes then powder coat it.

1795 12-02-2019 04:24 AM

Looks great Craig! That certainly will be another satisfied customer. Keep the pictures coming. Helps me make it through these cold winter months.

Jim

66gtk 12-02-2019 07:24 AM

Thanks for continuing to share the progress. I love the street 427 cars. Are you going to keep the oil cooler body scoop? Did you find reference photos for the exhaust yet? Hopefully you can find a way to route the exhaust while using larger diameter piping than the originals had. Keeping the heat out of the cockpit via heat shielding solutions is worthy of your efforts now, rather than later, too.

cobrakiwi 12-06-2019 04:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes this one will retain the oil cooler.
Trunk tray back from powder coating, (imo it turned out great)I installed the tray and now we are ready to paint the car.

Gaz64 12-06-2019 04:54 PM

God, I thought it looked good as bare aluminum, but now that looks FANTASTIC.

Gary

krausewich 12-07-2019 10:28 PM

The way they SHOULD have been made ! ! ! Maybe we will see some ally footboxes too???

xb-60 12-08-2019 02:14 AM

Great job on the trunk tray....and great to be able to follow an interesting build on this forum. Not many are coming along these days.

Building it as a roadster rather than an S/C is an excellent choice too :D

Cheers,
Glen

cobrakiwi 12-10-2019 08:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Drilling more holes in the body before paint.
We need a fuel filler.
Cap will be swapped out for a square button cap when car goes together.