10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 04-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Cobra Roundup Registration Is Open!

REGISTRATION IS OPEN!

COBRA ROUNDUP
July 2, 2009

Thunderhill Raceway Park, Willows, CA

(Limited to Cobras, Daytona Coupes, Ford GT/40’s)

You can request a Registration Packet at:www.cobraroundup.com
or
Send email to:registration@cobraroundup.com

Last edited by jmarsey; 04-15-2009 at 09:01 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 06-06-2009, 03:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up CR Flyer

Hi Folks,

I just wanted to keep everyone in the loop here as we get closer to July. We are busy with last minute details as well as some new ones to make this event even more fun!

We are very excited to be hosting this unique on-track event for roadsters, coupes, and GT-40's, and are truly hoping you will join us in the fun and celebration. We’ll be joining SAAC on Friday for afternoon & evening activities too! Many of you have already signed up and although we still have room in all run groups, space is limited. Please let us know if you have any questions or an interest in attending the inaugural Cobra Roundup event at Thunderhill Raceway Park on July 2, 2009.

Thanks for checking us out and hope to see you there!

John
john@cobraroundup.com

If you want to find out more about SAAC Mini-Nats 26, please visit:
http://www.norcal-saac.org/mn/mnmain.htm

Questions regarding Friday's Car Show / BBQ, please email Chris at:
chair@mininats.com
Old 06-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF GT40P-2265/393W, KMP318 (PROJECT!!!!!)/CSX478
Not Ranked     

Everybody, sign up NOW!!

I know John has put a lot of time, energy, and $$ into this event, and it is sure to be a blast. For those of you who took part in the track-day event at the BASH the last few years, this event is being put on by essentially the same group. And it is certain to be a blast.

For those of you who haven't been to Thunderhill, it is a neat track about 1.5 hours up I-5. It really is a cut above Reno-fernly, and will be great fun to drive. There will be groups to support all levels of experience.

This is an unsolicited endorsement, and my only interest in the event is to see it succeed and survive until I can take part . I hope to see everyone up there in July, I'll be the one on crutches, trying to bum rides off you drivers.

"Dishwasher? I thought that was for cleaning parts!?"
Old 06-09-2009, 12:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars, 331 roller/stroker
Not Ranked     

+1!

I'm signed up, and looking forward to having a great time!
Old 06-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron & James,

I'm looking forward to seeing both of you there! Stay tuned, we'll be emailing announcements to you on a weekly basis now. CR will be here before we know it and I'm getting excited!

Talk soon, John
Old 06-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up CR'09 Track Map & Videos / Thunderhill

Hi Folks,

If anyone is still interested in CR'09 or new to Thunderhill Raceway (3-mile road course), here's our track map and a few videos showing the "Bypass" & "Eagle's nest" at Turn-5.

Officially, Cobra Roundup will be running the "bypass" but we may run one session, at the end of the day, using the "Eagle's nest" just so folks can experience it. We'll see...

Enjoy, John
john@cobraroundup.com

Track Map with school-line:

Instructional video for CR'09: (that's "Igofastr-Ron" riding shotgun!!)

Trying to catch Cobra Roundup Lead Instructor Gary in his BRE/240Z:

Old 06-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Announcement from Cobra Roundup - Karen!!

Calling All Cobra Roundup Participants!

Saddle Up Partners, 'cause we've got less than 3 weeks to go to the Innaugural Cobra Roundup Event to be held at Thunderhill on July 2, 2009!

Sign ups have been very active, with new and old friends joining in every day (Yea!), We've been busy behind the scenes too, with so many things happeng that it's hard to know where to start!

Exciting News!
West Coast Challenge racers will be a featured group at the event this year, and we are pleased to present the largest number of hand-built, spec legal racecars to come together on the West Coast in a very long time. Challenge Series racers will join the awesome members of the River City Shelby Club in serving as on-track instructors for the event. Each of these drivers has a ton of racing/performance driving experience at Thunderhill, and we are very fortunate to have their talents available to our students!

Special Featured Guest:
Ed Gavin: Pikes Peak Hill Climb winner, charter Challenge Series competitor, and world traveler who's on-track experience includes driving the legendary Nurburgring in Germany. We are very pleased that Ed will be joining us with his Cobra as an instructor driver and pole sitter for the Spec Challenge on-track, green flag session to be held after lunch. Ed has countless stories to share from his driving adventures, and will be available throughout the day to work with students on-track or to just bench race if you like. Thanks Ed!!!

More Fun Stuff!
In addition to a full day of on-track fun, Cobra Roundup bas added a number of off-track "competition" events for our fun-loving participant. Dig out those old Hot Wheels cars boys and get your poker face on, as the fun is about to begin......Check it out:

Wild Bill: Snakebite Ralley
Yes, it’s a ralley, but this time, no cars involved, as we’ll have an ongoing walking Poker Ralley throughout the pits all day long. You’ll have a chance to visit all of the happening spots at Thunderhill as you ralley around the pits throughout the day in a quest for the high hand. Awards will be presented at the Thursday evening social.

“Hot Wheels” Car Show
Dig out your favorite retro or new style Hot Wheels car, and shine her up for our Hot Summer Car Show. Come on, you know you still have your favorite Hot Wheels car from the days of your youth, so dust it off and get it ready for display. One entry per Cobra Roundup participant; Spouses/significant others may display one additional car as well. Car show awards will be presented at the Thursday evening social.

Rolling Thunder Drag Race
So, in case your Hot Wheels car didn’t win the beauty contest, (‘cause she’s no trailer queen), we’ll be hosting the First Annual "Rolling Thunder Hot Wheels Drag Race" immediately following the final on-track run group of the day. This will be a single elimination, “run what you brung” drag race. (Cheater’s get out your graphite grease, grinders, and aero mods)…..All Hot Wheels car show participants will be eligible to “Run ‘er down the strip” and see who’s got the fastest ride at the Roundup! Top Eliminator Award will be presented at the Cobra Roundup social on Thursday evening.
So grab your boots ‘n hats (and your snake too!), and get ready for some real fun….Cobra Roundup Style!!!!!

See Y'all Very Soon!!

Old 06-17-2009, 05:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance w/452FE, FFR Spec Racer for NASA TT
Not Ranked     

For anyone sitting on the fence and wondering what driving on a track would be like, this is a fantastic opportunity to come and play in a safe environment with experienced and patient instructors. My high school buddy who built my track car in 2004, has never driven it on a track and this looks to us like the best possible place to learn about the car with others in a low key learning environment and with similar vehicles.

I know most folks on this forum don't know me, but I have competed in NorCal NASA Time Trials since 2005 in a FFR spec (not spec legal) car. Thunderhill, IMO, is much more user friendly than Infineon and many steps above Reno Fernley. It has a nice long front straight and lots of run off area where it counts. One could not ask for better instructors than Karen, John and their team, all with many hours of instructor experience, Cobra experience, and Thunderhill experience. You just can't get that kind of expertise anywhere else.

Most any other track group will have all types of late model vehicles, instructors with little or no Cobra experience (and Cobras are special!!) and probably higher track counts for beginners to cope with. Simply put there is no better place to learn about your car and improve your own skill level than at an event like this. I have competed in drag racing, autocross, and open track events, and it just doesn't get any better than an event like this.

Disclaimer: I love driving track events and T-Hill especially. This is a totally unsolicited but clearly biased opinion. I hope to see lots of new Cobra folks on the tract!! Sign up now to help make this event a success and a future annual event!!!

Lowell Fennie, FFR Spec Racer, SPF 1036 street car
Old 06-17-2009, 10:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Yes! Agreed.

Hats off to John and Karen for putting this together.

Thunder Hill is a very nice track and facility.

For anyone who's never been to T-Hill before and still wondering or waiting to register, try not to wait and think too hard about it. All around this truly is a great opportunity and THE place to be with your Cobra on the track. DC
Old 06-24-2009, 06:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: GTD40, sbf 302 400hp
Not Ranked     

I just want to invite anyone who has never done an open track event to come on up to TH and give this a try. There is no better event for a cobra guy to try out his/her car for the first time on track. Everyone involved in this event is extremely supportive and full of help. Questions, just ask. You want to work up to speed carefully? Great there will be a lot of people just like you. This isn't a race and nobody will push you or your car any harder than YOU are comfortable with. Great fun and safe way to "give er a go"

If you have done open track before, like the cobra family, have one, and want to join in, then there are faster classes for every ability.

Howard Jones. Happy, returning customer

Last edited by Howard Jones; 06-24-2009 at 06:13 PM..
Old 06-30-2010, 08:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique #9159 428 FE 614HP by FE Specialties
Not Ranked     

John,

I'm bummed...I can't go as I'll be out of the State from the 1st to the 12th. Your track days have been awesome in the past. I know everyone will have a GREAT time.

Tom Mareina
Old 06-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 482 ci alum block
Not Ranked     

John,

Good luck with the event. It sounds like it is going to be a blast. I will call you after the weekend and get a update.

David

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: