10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 08-18-2002, 03:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Hawk 289, cobra MKll (slabside) replica for sale.

Hawk 289 ,cobra MKll,(slabside) replica for sale.

Exceptional 289 street cobra finished in august 1999 with 6200 miles on it now.This car has won many important car shows in U.S.,very original with a 289 carb. motor. Under car exhaust system. Independant rear suspension with fully adjustable coil-over front one.

Beautyfull,reliable and yes its fast!

Many valuable spares including a complete rear "solid axle" suspension system,715 shelby Le Mans carb.,hi-po dist. with pertronix ignition. The car is in Canada. The price is 48.5 U.S. O.B.O.

For some photos look under my gallery. E-mail me for a complete specs. sheet and other photos.

Thank you.
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2002, 06:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR Lola Spider
Not Ranked     

This wouldn't happen to be Bob Lawerance's old car from Texas would it? If so, it is a nice car that is for sure. Does it still have Shelby's signature?

Ron
Old 08-18-2002, 07:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ron,

Yes to both of your questions....

regards.
Old 08-21-2002, 09:48 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Outstanding car. A real gem. What a wonderful look. Send me some more pics. Thanks.
Old 08-21-2002, 10:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default hawk 289 for sale.

Dan you have mail.
Old 08-22-2002, 06:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default e-mail info.

It could be easyer to e-mail me directly so here is my e-mail:

letyron@cgocable.ca
Old 08-27-2002, 05:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: none yet, but especially fond of 289 Cobras
Not Ranked     

Hello, Ron,
I very much enjoyed the pictures Dave Wilson took of your Hawk. I sure wish I could also have seen your car, but down Detroit way, the Woodward Ave. Dream Cruise was that week end. There were 71 Cobras of various manufacturer's parked at the car show in Birmingham, and many more out on the road cruising around.
I see that you have a prospect.
At this point in time, I am just a Hawk "wanna be ". Do you have future plans to buy / or build another Cobra replica?
I am having some reservations about these replicas . In 1977-83 I built a '55 Chevy ( magazine car, etc. ). Fully detailed top and bottom. I was sorely disappointed when I was done because it rode and drove just like a '55 Chevy. I wonder if many / most of these replicas with either MGB ( 50's era ) or Mustang II front suspensions aren't ill suited for a car of this stature---?
When you have sold your car, and have some spare moments, I'd appreciate any comments you could offer !!
As far as I can assertain, Gerry exported 3 kits to H.R.E. in New York state , and there is another in Oregon, and yours here in North America.
Hope you truly enjoyed the heck out of this one had best wishes for selling it ! Gary Lovell Detroit Area
Old 08-27-2002, 06:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default cobras were 1960s cars and still are!

Gary,

No I do not intend buying/building another cobra if I sell mine..Have other plans to accomplish.

I am not sure I understand your questionning. It seems you wonder what a cobra replica as to offer comparatively to modern rides....well not much but a lot more at the same time! After a 50 miles ride you will want give your back/legs a rest but at same time you don't wanna stop because of the fun your are having!...this is if you have good roads and forgiving policemen around....I drove my brother-in-law porsche Boxster and yes it was/is more comfy, quiete fast but no fun neither as "lively"as my hawk is....
Just don't worry about a Hawk,this is if it's well built with good parts it will last you long and be trouble free ....it's a good design to start with. I do not see anything wrong with the few MG parts found on them... the same rack and pinion was on the original cars. Their suspension is an in-house design and built and a very nice item should I say.This little 289 is very well balanced and pleasant to drive. But finally it all comes down to personnal preference and it's eventually only you through a test drive who could say. Unfortunately they aren't plenty around to do so!

Hope that helps you to better understand what those cars are.

regards.
Old 09-16-2002, 01:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Sold!

I want to mention the Hawk got sold. Within two weeks of advertising three other persons were ready to buy without hardly discussing the price ...that should be a clear indication that there is a good actual demand for a good slabside replica. Well maybe the actual manufacturers do not need more demand from consumers...