14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2004, 04:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #652, street version, 428.
Not Ranked     
Default ERA 652 for sale

I've decided to sell my newly built ERA 652, it's just too hot down here in Houston for me - the car handles it fine but I don't without a/c. Some photos are posted in the Cobras for Sale photo section. It's a street version without hood scoop or roll bar and it has under car exhaust and regular bumpers. It has a 1966 428 completely rebuilt by Harold Hutton who is one of the best on FE's, stock except aluminum intake and a Holly 850 double pumper with mechanical secondaries, small input toploader rebuilt by Texas Auto Gear the oldest and best toploader shop in Houston, new McLeod lightweight steel flywheel and dual stage clutch which is very easy on the clutch pedal pressure, low mileage Jag rear with new seals and rebuilt inboard brakes, Trigo knockoffs, Spax adjustable dampers, oversize radiator fan, foot box air ducts, 295/50 and 235/60 Dunlops, original British period correct steering wheel, leather interior, street dashboard with a glovebox, Smiths guages, Simpson belts, and onneau cover. It's British racing green with just outstanding fit and finish. It's properly registered in Texas as a 2003 replica 1966 Cobra and does not need emissions testing here. I'd like $52,500 for it. I'm at ajohnson22@houston.rr.com and 832-567-2111.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owned CSX 3121 1969-1975. Went to the dark side and bought a 'Vette. May yet repent and be saved.
Not Ranked     

Want to consider a trade for a 528 RWHP C5 'Vette? 24000 original miles, with only 4000 on a 427 CID C5R (GM race block) engine, all work by the best late model 'Vette shop in the country. Too many quality mods to list here, but it is air conditioned and has all the other creature comforts in addition to eyeball flattening performance. I can provide full details, dyno sheet, pics, etc. if this piques your interest.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Need some free advice here - I know, I know - anyway, not getting much response here or on Cobra Country at this price, so what would you do, wait a while or drop the price a bit? I'm not in a big hurry but don't want to be unreasonable.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Send a message via AIM to REDSC400
Not Ranked     

I would place a nice picture add in Hemmings Motor News, and also an ad in the SAAC monthly newsletter (Snake Bites) and also campaign the car to as many local cruise nights and car shows as possible. Beware of folks who just want to get a ride in the car under the guise of a potential buy, especially at car shows.

Word of mouth can work. Your car looks great and were I to have one built by ERA, the roadster would be my choice. I can sympathize with you regarding the heat. It must be very tuff down there in Texas with the humidity and all.

You have to bid your time to find the right buyer. Good Luck Amigo.

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker
Old 08-24-2004, 05:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

IF you really want a fast, powerful car with an ac - I'd take marcocsx up on his offer - what a nice ride!!!

Regarding price - you may need to lower it. All I hear about street versions is how a few people want them soooo bad until they go up for sale then they play a little "well it's not as desirable as the common S/C style so it's worth less and hard to re-sale." Sounds like you have a nice car - my position would be "wait" - nice cars will bring good money patience is required though! Best wishes!
Old 08-24-2004, 06:00 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA # 665, 390 (to start with) Toploader
Not Ranked     
Default Beautiful Car!

I don't think your price is too out of line, it seems like you are trying to get most of your money out of it but probably not all.

I think what you need to do is broaden your advertising. The situation you have is (I'd be in the same boat) you've chosen some unique features on your car and you have to find the buyer who would have chosen those features themselves.

Put it on ebay with more pictures and really sell the quality of ERA and I bet it will sell. Does Barret-Jackson sell replicas? Also play up the fact that your car is much more likely to be mistaken for "real" because it doesn't have side pipes, roll bar, etc. Your paint job is beautiful by the way!

Good luck, Chuck
Old 08-24-2004, 06:00 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SHELBY GT500...slightly modified. Former owner of CSX4758..a GEM of a ride!
Not Ranked     

Just my opinion...not set in stone or meant to offend. I would come down some in price for several reasons. The street cars have never sold for a smuch as the S/C versions and it lowers the price somewhat. You don't have the cost involved for the roll bar, sidepipes, hood scoop etc. which adds up. Also the 428 will not bring as much as a sideoiler. I recently sold ERA #291 for less than you are offering and it had all the bells and whistles...sidepipes, roll bar, hood scoop, PL700 lights,427 sideoiler, big lettered Goodyears among other things. Street cars are cool but just don't appeal to as many people as the S/C cars do. Hope this helps in some way.

Gary
Old 08-25-2004, 04:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thank you all for your good advice. From all of your comments combined, it looks like the price needs to be lowered a bit and then wait for the buyer who wants this particular type of ERA street version. So, the asking price is reduced to $48k. It seems that someone seriously in the market would check here in Club Cobra or on Cobra Country where it's also listed, so I don't think I'll put it in Hemmings or on eBay. Thanks again everyone.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I still have the car and the price has inched down to $47,000.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 with 331 KC
Not Ranked     

Lovely car.

I noticed tht Daltondavid said the would almost want to trade it for his GT500......hmmmm
Old 10-16-2004, 01:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1967 GT 350 #2264
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by PatBuckley
and then I woke up. I do love the Street car look. very clean Build for certain. My Car will bring more money on the chopping block. So as soon as someone comes along and wants my car enough to put their money where their Mouth is, I will be enjoying my Car. Actually just came in from a 10 hour tinkering session. Got the whole rear suspension out and and the Rear apart for cleaning and Painting. Got a Drive in show 3 minutes from home and there is always people there that I only ever see there!

Lovely car.

I noticed tht Daltondavid said the would almost want to trade it for his GT500......hmmmm
Old 10-17-2004, 10:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Price is inched down again, to $46.000.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner: JCF 289 slabside, ERA #329 and 424, GTD "Essex Wire" GT40; currently enjoying Hi-Tech 427 #147
Not Ranked     

At $46.00, count me in.

Seriously, this is a stunning car. It's a good thing drool washes off. Some lucky buyer is going to get a great one. I just wish I had room to park it in my bank account.

Bob
Old 10-22-2004, 02:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SHELBY GT500...slightly modified. Former owner of CSX4758..a GEM of a ride!
Not Ranked     

Bob....It's simple...liquidate the Chevy thingy and replace it with another ERA. I'm so smart!!

LOL
Gary
Old 10-25-2004, 06:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BRG ERA street car w/428 PI, Sunburst wheels, undercar exhaust, original interior, no philips head screws!
Not Ranked     

Would you consider selling the car without the engine and tranny? Please email me direct. fzabski@technologyrevealed.com
Old 10-25-2004, 09:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Steet car, interesting, got to love the clean lines, but it is a "specialty" within an all ready special market. I wonder what it would cost to add a roll bar and side pipes? You might want to mention that to a prospective buyer who is not sure about the "street" look.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

If you'd like to visit about the car I'm sorry I won't be available for the next several weeks but I'll get back to you after then.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm back after a good vacation and the price is lowered again, to $45,000 now.
Old 12-04-2004, 05:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Price is lowered down to $44,000.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 with 331 KC
Not Ranked     

I just wish you wanted a Kirkham - I would love to have another ERA.....and yours is what I would want.

Good luck!