Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Cobras For Sale (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/cobras-sale/)
-   -   FFR Daytona Coupe For Sale (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/cobras-sale/67308-ffr-daytona-coupe-sale.html)

Tony Ripepi 02-21-2006 09:44 AM

FFR Daytona Coupe For Sale

FFR Daytona Coupe Rolls Royce Indigo Blue/Porsche Polar Silver Stripes

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...3untitled1.bmp

Under the Hood: Windsor 418 CI Fuel injected down stack system with TEC3 Computer System. Victor Jr. heads Dyno tested at 530 HP/560 lb. ft. torque. All FFR Aluminum was tossed out and replaced with Stainless Steel, The under side of the hood was strengthened with steel “L” glassed into the cowl and complete fiberglass wheel wells. Underside of the hood has a class “A” finish with air struts to allow easy access.

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...pics_1_009.jpg

Drivetrain: Tremec TKO 5-speed New SVO rear end w/ 3:55 gears.
Suspension: all-new 4-wheel independent, adjustable coil-overs on a very strong 4” tube chassis. Wheels are 17” PS engineering, SS knock offs with Sumitomo P275/40ZR front 335/35ZR rear. This car has never been raced or abused.

Interior: Additional instrumentation added to the custom dash, A/C, heater, Sound system w/CD player. The interior has heat, sound and weather proofing, full carpeting and finish comparable to a factory car.
Registered in California with SB100, Shelby Signature on the Dash, this car was professionally built with all new parts and pain staking care.

Pictures in my Gallery.

Offered for sale at $67,000 call Tony Ripepi at 510 502 2225 or E-mail at tony_ripepi@yahoo.com serious inquiries only please.

Tony Ripepi 02-21-2006 10:31 AM

Added picture....

TR

Tony Ripepi 02-21-2006 11:27 AM

Engine bay pics........

Tony Ripepi 02-21-2006 08:01 PM

Custom Interior......

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...pics_1_008.jpg

DavidNJ 02-21-2006 09:08 PM

Tony,

Do you have any more pictures? To document the car you should probably post quite a few additional pictures.

Thanks,

David

Tony Ripepi 02-22-2006 08:47 AM

Hello David,

I have a complete set of pictures that document the build from raw kit through all of the design changes, painting, upholstry etc. etc. If anybody has an interest contact me and I will forward a CD with the pictures.

This Daytona represents the best build quality, all new parts and significant custom design to build a great car. This is the "Team Jenny" raffle car from DVSF III and I had the car built in London, Ohio by Ed Combs when he was with Elite.

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...pics_1_011.jpg

This picture shows the underside of the front clip and the custom fibreglass wheel wells. I will try to upload some addittional pictures later today into my gallery.

Tony R.

Tony Ripepi 02-22-2006 04:47 PM

Hi Guys,

The Coupe will also be listed on Cobra Country later this week.

TR

Tony Ripepi 02-23-2006 09:35 AM

Hello All,

This car is also equipped with a foam fire system, alarm and remote actuated door poppers.

Tony R.

Tony Ripepi 02-23-2006 02:25 PM

To The Top.......

TR

Tony Ripepi 02-27-2006 02:34 PM

To the top on Monday...

TR

cobra de capell 02-28-2006 01:18 PM

Your car is listed at about the same price as a new corvette - how do you think that is compares to a new Z06 Corvette? (Oh, I do know about the GMC/Ford thing, but wondering about ride, drive, etc. - not brand)

Tony Ripepi 03-01-2006 09:32 AM

Hello de Capell,

I have not driven a Corvette since my 1963 Split window Coupe (327/300 4-speed) so driving impressions are difficult for me to speak to. I believe the new corvette and the Daytona replica represent two very different points of view.

My FFR is equipped with a 530 HP/560 ft. lb. 418 cu. in. engine, fuel injected with a modern TEC3 ignition/fuel computer. This gives the performance envelope for the engine very smooth feel and acceleration. What the Daytona does not have is any kind of traction/brake control systems, this gives the driver all of the responsibility for lock up from start, feeling the point of traction loss in turns and maintaining the apex point on high speed tracks, in other words mixing modern engine controls with ancient driving techniques. Driving the Daytona on the road is the experience of a GT cruiser; I have not taken this car on the track but, have spent a great deal of time at High speed driving event. I'm sure this would be a great car on the track but, that is up to the next owner to explore.

The interior of the Daytona is Spartan by comparison to the 2006 vette, even though I have built into this car complete heat, sound and weather proofing this is not a production vehicle as compared to the Vette. The 17" wheels with Z rated tires give the Daytona good traction for all types of driving.

As in all things the value of a vehicle is determined by what the buyer and seller agree on, I am open to offers on my Daytona Coupe but, this is the very top end of what can be done with a FFR kit.

Thanks for asking,

Tony R.

Tony Ripepi 03-06-2006 10:47 AM

Hello de Capell,

BTW this car has a complete foam extinguisher kit installed in the cockpit and Engine bay, This is the type that if it were to be used simply takes a water rinse to remove the residue.

Tony R

Excaliber 03-06-2006 01:24 PM

Ah yes, I remember this car! I was visiting Ed at his shop in Ohio when it was under construction. It looked terrific then and it wasn't even painted yet! :LOL: Ed pointed out a number of interesting details for the build, nice car!

Tony Ripepi 03-08-2006 08:54 AM

Excaliber,

Thanks for the comment....this is a custom build more details than I can into here. Most people ask if this is the Superformance version of the Daytona. I think the fit , finish and look is better than what you get from SPF........the side pipes are really part of the exhaust system.

Tony R.

Ron61 03-08-2006 09:00 AM

I have seen the car and the engine spec sheets and this is an awsome car period. This is a car that you can put in any show and not be ashamed of and it is a great driver. I love the power and torque curves and the engine. I would love to have this car and if I could I would buy it in a minute. Tony is as honest as you will meet and anything he tells you about the car you can bank on. If it has a rock pick he will tell you where it is.

Now Ernie, about that $65K I was asking you to loan me. :)

Ron

cobra de capell 03-22-2006 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Ripepi
Excaliber,

Thanks for the comment....this is a custom build more details than I can into here. Most people ask if this is the Superformance version of the Daytona. I think the fit , finish and look is better than what you get from SPF........the side pipes are really part of the exhaust system.

Tony R.

And now we have a Superformance listed here for $19.5K more, so how does one sort out the two - your statement above seems to imply that Superformance commands a higher price, correct?

Also, do you have an SB100 for California ownership?

Tony Ripepi 03-22-2006 03:10 PM

Hi Guys,

My reference to the SPF version of the Daytona is that it sells as a roller for $68k add in engine, transmission and all of the labor to put it together and the SPF costs more to buy/build and is priced in the used market at a higher price point. My Daytona has been professionally built to a high standard of fit and finish and I am selling it in the range of what the SPF roller sells for.

The reference to the sidepipes on the SPF is that they are not functional.

My Daytona is registered under SB100, has a clear title and no smog check.

Tony R.

cobra de capell 03-23-2006 09:56 AM

Tony - thanks for the input - the fact that the SPF sidepipes are not functional is a strange fact, at least to me. Makes me wonder if the sidepipes on the old Vettes - a believe in the 67-69 range were actually functional from the factory.

By the way, I ran across a 'real' 1965 Ford GT 40 MK V available for $275,000 in your area of California. They state that it's one of 40 built.

Tony Ripepi 03-23-2006 10:10 AM

Hi

The GT40 Mk V you mentioned was seen by one of the local BACC guys.....it is pretty rough in appearance and somewhat dubious in pedigree. It looks to be a contination car built in England by a company called "Saphir".

Anybody can claim what they want but, at the end of the day the GT40's are highly documented. This car is well known in the GT40 community.

The general opinion is that the car you saw is a viable Car but, not worth the dollars they are asking for it.....probable range willl be determined by what somebody will buy it for, the best guess/opinion/crystal ball look is $150K.

TR

Tony R.