14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2006, 03:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     
Default KitCar cover FIA for sale

With a little hesitation I am considering selling my recently completed Kirkham FIA hybrid. Before I got real serious about selling it, I thought I would mention it here first. It has the best of everything. I have spared no expense to make this car dependable (even with webers) and remarkably fast. I am considering a gt40 and my wife laughed when I mentioned keeping both cars. There is so much to say about this car and the attention to detail that I can't begin to tell the story here. The car is better discribed over the phone where I can more easily answer questions. If you are considering a 289 car, this is one of the best. I am asking $83,500. Interested parties should call me at 618 322 6046.

(I wanted to bump this to the top with a lower price. I have the GT40 on the way, as many know, and I am going to sell the Kirkham to help fund the new car. I would like to have a Cobra and the GT so if someone wanted to trade up to a Kirkham, I would seriously consider that or a converable muscle car.)

Last edited by dlampe; 12-24-2006 at 08:29 AM..
Old 06-29-2006, 03:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

Dean NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
Old 06-29-2006, 03:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4000, Shelby aluminum 496 ci FE
Not Ranked     

Dean,
I met you at the LCS I think friday night when we were talking to the magazine editor and your car was parked in party central. You have built an absolutely stunning car. I'm sorry you have to sell it to help finance your next purchase but with the high quality work you have done in the past it probably won't be long before you build another. I assume if you do sell, it would be cash only, no ERA trades? LOL. Good luck. Whoever buys the car will have something to be proud of.
ERA #115 - sold
ERA #002 - sold
67 Fairlane
'68 mustang
'95 SVT Cobra
Old 06-29-2006, 03:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

Brent, I am still really on the fence. I might be able to swing both cars but I'm not sure. I might change my mind tomorrow. I thought I would through it out here and see what happens. Mark from Kit Car spent about 3 hours shooting the car for a feature article in the fall. Maybe it would sell for more once it becomes famous!
Old 06-29-2006, 03:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 (KMP 266); CAV GT40
Not Ranked     

Dean,my wife laughed also,I got a gt40 anyway. chuck
Old 06-29-2006, 03:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

Yes, it may become a rather famous auto.

I should have taken you up on that drive after all....hehehehe

Old 06-29-2006, 04:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 (KMP 266); CAV GT40
Not Ranked     

Dean, the RCR will take at least a year if not more to complete ,if you go that route. Keep the FIA untill you get close to finishing and enjoy it some. chuck
Old 06-29-2006, 04:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

So is it a 40 Dean or a GT...I saw her look when she fit into mine and had so much room

Matt
Old 06-29-2006, 04:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

That car is sooo awesome. You will surely regret selling that wonderful piece of work.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Matt, I am looking at a RCR GT40 replica. I would love to have a new GT but I think I am going to wait until next year to see how the value holds up.

I went out to check on the car. (Not like anything has changed since yesterday) Man, I really like this car. I am having some second thoughts. I might just hang on to it.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:46 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Dean,

I'm just sorry the timing is not right, as I would buy your car in a heatbeat, as that is exactly what I would have built, really the best of both worlds having the FIA body on the superior 427SC chassis. If you guys are contemplating a 289FIA, you really could not go wrong with this particular car.

Wish you the best of luck with your sale.

Sincerely,

Bill S.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I just wanted to bump it back to the top. Thanks