Old 08-13-2006, 01:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Keith Craft Motor
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra in Dallas 4 sale

ENGINE

From Keith Craft

Todd's engine was done with a 428CJ block that was already .060 over but you could use smaller bore of corse. We use a Scat 4.250 cast steel crank, Scat 4340 H-beam rods, Custom JE pistons, moly rings, Federal Mogul bearings, Melling HV oil pump, Canton T-style oil pan, Ford Racing indexable timing set, our stage 2 Edelbrock heads, Comp Cams custom hydraulic roller camshaft, Crane hydraulic roller lifers, Comp Cams Hi-tech pushrods, T&D roller rockers, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, DaVinci 950 HP carburetor, MSD distributor and Ford Racing wires. We have done several of these combinations with the 428 blocks. This engine runs on premium pump gas and idels at 800RPM's. What has happened in this market is that most people do not get the horsepower they should for what they are paying. We have changed all of that and up set some in the market place. Good luck, Keith

Stage 2 heads
What we refer to as our stage 2 head is our in house work that icludes: checking and sizing the valves to the guides, our flow tested multiple angle valve job, special back-cut angles on the valves, hand porting the head to flow go numbers in the .300 to .600 lift range where most street strip heads will be most of the time, cc combustion chambers and mill to spec, flow check the intake and exhaust flow, deburr and chamfer the heads after milling and porting, check assemble heights, check valve springs for proper pressures for the application, positive stop seals, stainless one piece valves, spring seat cups, 10 degree retainers and 10 degree steel locks, dual valve springs. We then completely assemble with a build sheet on the heads. We use all of our own parts and start with a bare Edelbrock casting. We even have the intake valves made for us with the proper seat angle which is different than the factory for better flow. When you have been working on FE heads for 20 years you better have learned something about them. As far as the flat-tappets goes, if it is a hydraulic flat-tappet i think you will loose about 30HP but if it is a solid flat-tappet and the right one you may loose about 20 HP down low but may pick some up above 6000RPM if everything is the same. I hate having to break the camshaft in and then worry about the lobe going flat down the road. this is reason we run a lot of the hydraulic rollers. Hope this helps a little. Thanks Keith

Interior

stock Grey installed by Cash in Carrollton.

Body

Candy Brandywhine with orion silver stripes. A few small chips from a rock hauler on 35

MISC
Trunk needs carpet (no carpet now),needs the Heim (sp) joint on the 4-link rear replaced (they squeek), Needs hi-torque starter installed (i have it it is just not installed) .

$26,500

PM for more info

Todd
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2006, 01:18 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates
Not Ranked     
Default Dallas Cobra

Todd, please send me some photos and more details on the car as I am interested. Also can you tell me about the interior details, suspension, transmission, wheels, etc. How is it registered?

Please send them to lonestar7@earthlink.net

Mike
RedSabre
Old 09-04-2006, 06:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Keith Craft Motor
Not Ranked     

Car is sold.