Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2006, 11:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Not yet
Not Ranked     
Default Why first on Ebay

I wonder why a lot of members from Club Cobra put there car or spare parts up for sale at Ebay first and tell us here that their car is up for sale at Ebay. We can see that as well. I wonder what the opinion is from other members. That's the same for comments about the cars for sale, pls use private messages as it is not for the better interest for the members.
Thank you
Old 09-07-2006, 11:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 FIA
Not Ranked     

Common sense tells me that if I want to sell something, I should try and get as much exposure for it as possible. eBay has roughly 191 million registered users. You can't get much more exposure than that, in any venue, period.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: -Sold- Contemporary 427S/C # CCX-3152 1966 427 Med Rise Side Oiler, 8v 3.54:1 Salisbury IRS, Koni's.. (Now I'm riding Harleys)
Not Ranked     

No offense meant to anyone here but many in our number are shall we say... Cheap.

Other reasons include a certain lack of commitment on the part of a few to pay for parts they say they want or to take an especially long time deciding whether they want something while others in our number wait for several days or a week for them to decide. The other issue I find here is keeping up with less knowledgable members (again no offense intended) asking every imaginable question in the thread or expressing an opinion about the part listed verses another part he or she might want to use. Most of us go way beyond the extra mile to help a fellow CC member out but making comments on a part listed is bad form and comparing parts listed with others listed is simply rude.

I have had excellent luck buying and selling here and I have also experienced the disappointment caused by people who have expressed initial interest in an item and then waited trying to decide if they wanted or could afford an item without expressing this interest to the group. I find e-bay the ultimate equalizer. I would rather sell to my Cobra bretheren first and foremost (most of them anyway) but doing so is sometimes too complicated.

If you want an item listed in a thread say so... Say what you mean and mean what you say...

A man that is young in years, may be old in hours, if he have lost no time. But that happeneth rarely. Generally, youth is like the first cogitations, not so wise as the second. For there is a youth in thoughts, as well as in ages... Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

Last edited by SCOBRAC; 09-07-2006 at 11:59 AM..
Old 09-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

Use of Craig's List for the same reasons as already mentioned for eBay,it is free and can be isolated to a specfic region/location. Sometimes the cost to pack and ship a large item negates the potential revenue. Also, if within a reasonable traveling distance as determined by the purchaser, allows for the item to be viewed in person and/or picked up.

http://hartford.craigslist.org/
Old 09-07-2006, 06:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA-722, Pure Street in BRG
Not Ranked     
Default With parts...

I've put them for sale here first... If I get no response for a week then I post them to ebay. I'd rather ya'll get first dibs but if no response... ebay it goes.