28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2006, 06:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The market has turned to sellers. There are a couple deals on Cobra Country right now that have me confused. These cars should have sold a month ago. Two BDR's in particular. The real test will be next spring when the weather turns up North. If it is still week by next summer it will be a blood letting. My predictions are it will rebound but not much, there are new players in the game. If you want a true exotic you have to go all aluminium and even I can not afford that, yet.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Still Working on This
Not Ranked     
Default Please Send Additional Photos

Mark, I forwarded some questions to you about your SPF yesterday evening via your e-mail address.

I also live in the Sacramento area and am actively pursuing purchase of either a SPF, Kirkham, or Shelby replica.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Bob
Old 11-28-2006, 11:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goopie 18
bfoodman, I drove the Cobra you are looking at. It's a dealer demo. The car is beautiful and real fast. The Roush 427R in it is very streetable. It runs cool and smooth. I would have bought it when I saw it in April, but wanted black/silver stripes.
Thanks for the info - I really like the car. Any guesses as to the value? I think the bidding is at about $44k now and it has not hit the reserve. There is another car on e-bay (blue with white stripes) that has a "buy it now" price of $60k. I think that guy is smoking something.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4795 (Sold)
Not Ranked     
Arrow Cobra prices

This current post here on CC should give you some indication of what the market is like:

Superformance SPO2506 - Brand New For Sale - $4000 discount.

jdog
Old 11-28-2006, 04:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog
This current post here on CC should give you some indication of what the market is like:

Superformance SPO2506 - Brand New For Sale - $4000 discount.

jdog
No doubt that things appear to be slow. I feel bad that this guy needs to sell the "roller", but clearly if you look around you can get a fairly late model car with engine installed for somewhere in the mid $40s. I assume that even at $38,000 for the roller, it would cost another $10k to $12k to get the car put togther with a small block. It just seems going used at this point makes a lot more sense.

I am looking for an SPF preferably silver with black or grey with the black. Frankly, a big block sounds like fun, but I dont care if the car has a 351, just so long as it is in good shape, and priced right in terms of todays market.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

The market seems to be slow but it is not clear how much is due to seasonal factors, possible saturation of the market with cars, or possible real decrease in demand for Cobras.

The seasonal factor has to be for real. Winter is coming (already here for some). How good was last Springs selling season? If that was OK, this perceived slow down could just be seasonal.

Do you think that more new cars are coming on the market? Are there more dealers? More new cars being made for inventory that need to be soaked up? More manufacturers wanting a piece of the pie?

Has demand gone down? Do all of us geezers who want these things already have one?

The seasonal factor is real. I'm not sure I know the answer to the supply and demand questions. I wonder if there is any real data available?

I would only be concerned if data indicated last Spring's selling season was bad. I don't remember a lot of concern last Spring.

I just bought mine with winter coming. I'm sure that factor helped me get a good deal. If you intend to hold for the long term, this is not a factor. Winters are not bad in Atlanta anyway. Frankly the only time I would be uncomfortable in the car is in the July/August mid day sun.

Bottom line... unless someone has data raising flags about last Springs selling season, I wouldn't worry about this market for a while.

By the way, when people (especially kids) come up to me and ask me about the car, I take plenty of time with them. Just doing my part to plant the seeds of desire for the next crop of folks who have to have one of these things. I want this market to go on for a long time.

Jack