Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By CobraV8
  • 4 Post By Jac Mac

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 07:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Don't buy chinese junk engine parts!

This is what chinese "bearings" look like after one year of use in a mild hydraulic roller application (less than 300lbs open pressure).

One came apart completely, all others looked like the one in the third picture.

Every single tool or car part made in china I've ever seen was nothing but pure useless junk. If it reads "China" somewhere on the packaging or part it means "designed and manufactured to meet and exceed strict standards that guarantee this product to fail and cause as much damage as possible"

It is a big miracle to me how an economy that produces nothing but 100% garbage can be the worlds leading export nation.

However for gods sake don't buy these crap Cat rocker arms, or any other chinese product. The sooner people begin to quit buying this cheap trash the bigger the chance that in 10 years from now there will still be something like quality available. Don't support China!

Simon
Attached Images

mln385 likes this.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf 2112 *427 stroker windsor
Not Ranked     

You ain't seen nothing yet.
Wait till they start manufacturing complete passenger jets.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance#2352/Aluminum SO/490 c.i. 650 h.p. 605 tq.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmine View Post
You ain't seen nothing yet.
Wait till they start manufacturing complete passenger jets.
ouch!!
Old 11-18-2012, 09:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: jbl
Not Ranked     

and twinkies!
Old 11-18-2012, 10:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

I've been researching Connecting Rods for 289 or Boss 302. Unless I want to build a stroker, Crower and perhaps Carrillo are the only players as far as I can tell(???)

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way
Old 11-18-2012, 11:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DIY Coupe, F/T ,MkIV.
Not Ranked     

Shouldnt you be directing your anger at the companies/outlets that import & sell this stuff, they are the ones making the $$$ & standing back with a smug look while you blast the chinese! No doubt about it the chinese have a bad rep in regard to bearing manufacture & quality, but if you guys did not 'want' the cheap stuff then the importers would not have a market to supply....you get what you pay for.
FFR428, Mando, Dimis and 1 others like this.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

Well said jac. One of the 2 named will get my $$.

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way
Old 11-18-2012, 11:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Fordstroker 408w custom solid roller-Craft ported Brodix 17*heads-CFM ported Vic Jr. intake-1 3/4 primaries- 575hp-TKO-600RR Liberty upgrade- -Moser 8.8 trutrac-McLeod Street Extreme--QA-1-Wilwood brakes, Classic Chambered 3" Cobrapacks, Avon's
Not Ranked     

We know they are junk, why buy them. (less than 300lbs. open pressure)! were you running Beehives with Chinese junk?
Old 11-18-2012, 11:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Shredded Pontiacs & Oldsmobiles.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

I learned a long time ago that I can't afford cheap parts. They're too expensive.

The other part is supporting American companies. They're the one's who developed those parts. The Chinese simply copied them. If you want Edelbrock, Crower, Comp Cams, etc, to keep developing new parts, they need your business.
NASA Rocky Mountain TTU #42
www.RacingtheExocet.com
BDR #1642 - Supercharged Coyote, 6 speed Auto
Old 11-18-2012, 02:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I had them on a 440 Chrysler engine for over 4 years without a problem. It wasn't raced or anything and had a killer hydraulic cam, but they worked well.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

I will chime in based on experience.

Scat rods and cranks are top notch in my book. I use them predominantly in almost every engine that I do. Callies advertises that their Dragonslayer cranks (which I've used as well) have journals that measure within .0003" of each other.

I have never seen a Scat out more than that either....

In all the Scat cranks and rods that I've used, I've had to send back one single rod. Not bad.

Now Eagle on the other hand....I ordered 3 crankshafts for a BBF and they all had nicks in the journals and out of round journal dimensions. I've also heard Barry Rabotnick say that he's seen a hand full of FE crankshafts fail...and most of them were Eagles.

CAT and Pro Comp are nothing but utter pieces of junk.

I've seen Pro Comp distributors fail, I've seen the roller rocker arms seize up on the dyno, I've seen the valve cover bolts on their heads drilled so far off that it causes valve cover/rocker arm issues.

Junk.

The bad thing is that I get slammed on various forums for saying these things. It's a shame that people have to find out for themselves.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

My Mom said to me long ago.."Good parts are not cheap and cheap parts are not good". Actually she said it about tools but the same theory applies. Sorry to hear of your failure.

John
Old 11-18-2012, 11:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by blykins View Post
I will chime in based on experience.

Scat rods and cranks are top notch in my book. I use them predominantly in almost every engine that I do. Callies advertises that their Dragonslayer cranks (which I've used as well) have journals that measure within .0003" of each other.

I have never seen a Scat out more than that either....

In all the Scat cranks and rods that I've used, I've had to send back one single rod. Not bad.

Now Eagle on the other hand....I ordered 3 crankshafts for a BBF and they all had nicks in the journals and out of round journal dimensions. I've also heard Barry Rabotnick say that he's seen a hand full of FE crankshafts fail...and most of them were Eagles.

CAT and Pro Comp are nothing but utter pieces of junk.

I've seen Pro Comp distributors fail, I've seen the roller rocker arms seize up on the dyno, I've seen the valve cover bolts on their heads drilled so far off that it causes valve cover/rocker arm issues.

Junk.

The bad thing is that I get slammed on various forums for saying these things. It's a shame that people have to find out for themselves.
Blykins u da man, Scat rules, some of my favorite food comes from china...