21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2002, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The quality of the product is very good if not great. In all my posts, I never once questioned the quality of his work, only his honesty when it came to shipment dates, if work was done and the numerous excuses he gave me when I would talk to him on phone. When emailed, he only replyed twice and never let me know that the parts were being shipped by Postal Service instead of UPS. I kept requesting UPS tracking numbers NOT knowing that they were shipped Postal Service. He could have avoided the bad feelings that I had if only he would have responded to emails. Oh well, this has finally been resolved. I just feel sorry for the others that are just starting to get involved with this. Hopefully, everything will turn out as it did with me. Just be warned that it WILL take some time and don't expect much communication or truth from him if he does reply to your requests.

exrodder
Old 03-31-2002, 04:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRL, 351W, Tremec TKO
Not Ranked     

If he ships next week I should know by Tax Day.

Who is John Galt?
Old 04-05-2002, 04:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down My experience with Kustom Metal Werks

While I did not have all the difficulties everyone else has had, I did want to share my experience so everyone can form their own opinions. Here goes:

* Contacted George mid-December 2001 leaving a message I wanted to place an order. Received a reply phone call allmost immediately.
* Ordered a side exhaust system for the Classics Roadsters Cobra , specified the mufflers could not exceed 85DB at normal road speeds, to which George had agreed. Included with my letter were detail pictures of the rear mounting bracket which attaches just in front of the rear wheel. I did this not knowing if CR had used different mounting brackets, wanted to match the installed system.
* Had received very prudent advice not to pay in advance. However, by paying in advance the order would be expedited and there would not be any shipping charges, savings of $60
Letter with my check was mailed on 12/23/01, check was deposited by George on 12/31/01.
* During January and February '02 made phone calls and sent e-mails as to the order staus, no replies. Requested tracking numbers, but was not aware that he ships by USPS, not UPS
* George later explained that he had lost my letter and e-mails so could not ship without knowing how to contact me. Thanks to Don Scott, who George had contacted, and Don suggested to me that I advise George again which I did do. System was shipped on 2/21/02 via Parcel Post. Had expected the shipment in mid-January
* Shipment arrived with a COD fee of $101. Since I already had a sizeable investment by paying in advance, I elected to pay the COD and rationalized that I could resolve the charges at a later date. In later e-mails from George, the COD fee was for shipping charges as he changed his policy after the first of the year. in 2002. Even though I ordered in 2001 and paid in advance, the shipping charges still applied.
* Order was shipped in a very sturdy well built aluminum container with excellent packing and protection of the ends, no intransit damage. Overall, the quality of the fabrication is excellent. Mounting bracket was welded to the muffler, not to the end pipe as requested and shown in the pictures I had sent.
* George also informed me the "silencers " had been shipped on 3/7/02. Without my knowledge he had substituted this approach rather than using the mufflers as agreed upon and ordered. He explained the "silencers" fit in between the primaries and the side exhaust system. To this date I do not know what they are or look like since the shipment has never been received. Numerous follow-ups have been made since 3/7/02 with no response
* Requested a refund of the $101 COD fee since I paid in advance, in 2001, and George had agreed to pay the shipping charges, have not received a reply or the refund.

.......please excuse the length of the experience, but................
Old 04-05-2002, 09:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sounds like some folks over at the GT40 forum have received UPS tracking numbers from George ... and there are packages in transit.

At-a-boy George ... now send my roll bar; pretty please!

Who is John Galt?
Old 04-06-2002, 06:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Well...someone's getting lucky....Yes...way to go George'y Boy. Yep....! I'd like to get my headers too...or you could change them out for a Cosmetic CR Rollbar...since I bought another set of headers after a year of waiting.
Pretty Please with sugar on top!.
Snake.
Old 04-07-2002, 11:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I just received an email from George. He said nothing about the full-width roll bar I've had on order, but he did say he was going to get onto the forum and defend himself.

We'll see .........

Who is John Galt?
Old 04-07-2002, 11:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter 427, 5.0 (302)
Not Ranked     

To: George

Subject: defend yourself

I will start by saying that your quality is second to none. Having said that there are many complaints about you taking months and even years to deliver parts that you are promising in days or weeks. I ordered a roll bar from you and yes you did deliver the part but it was weeks after you promised me you would send out the roll bar that was in stock as soon as you received my check. I waited a few weeks and called you several times asking about delivery. This makes it hard to get referrals and repeat customers.

If you are backed up and cannot get the parts out as promised you shoud just tell the potential customer that you are backloged untill whenever and ask for a small deposit to hold a production date then ask for the rest before you deliver the parts. This is not rocket science but it is good business prictice.

I would rather have someone tell me up front it is going to take 3 months than have them promise me next week and I have to call and bug them every two weeks. If you have THEIR money and you do not come thru I do not blame them from thinking you have stole their money.

Good Luck guys
Old 04-07-2002, 01:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

As mentioned in my posting on 4-5, the fabrication and quality of workmanship of the side exhaust system is excellent , would easily rank as outstanding and a very finished product that anyone would be proud to have on their Cobra.

The last communication with George, I offered to expedite the return of the shipping case if he would ship the "silencers " that never did ship on 3/7 as he had mentioned and refund the $101 COD shipping charge which should not have applied as I ordered and paid in 2001. Considering the Christmas holidays, took only 8 days for the check to go from CT to Idaho and the funds available in George's bank. The policy change came about in 2002. He told me to keep the shipping case and considered the matter closed.

Based upon the quality of the work only , yes I would order again.

But, my experience should let every one else be their own judge as to whether all the other concerns might influence your decision. Either way, good luck
Old 04-08-2002, 09:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Another update: just rec'd an email from George, roll bar should be shipping on Wednesday.

(keeping my fingers crossed)

Who is John Galt?
Old 04-08-2002, 08:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Snake,

I just got another email from George; he's asked me that I let you know that your stuff will go out on Wednesday morning.

(still keeping my fingers crossed ... which makes it difficult to type

Who is John Galt?
Old 04-08-2002, 09:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Thanks Petek

Thanks Petek!! :) That sounds great! Wonder why he didn't e-mail me himself? I guess there is no tracking number to got with that order ..Hmmm? I just would have like to had the chance to maybe change out the headers for something else...since I had to buy headers from someone else. What am I going to do with 2 sets now? I'll see what I get...maybe George read the thread that said I needed a CR cosmetic rollbar. We all know that George does great work...he's a master of his trade...it's just, the hasl of begging for your parts thats sucks! If George gets his act together...I will have no problem with ordering parts from him latter on....BUT this time I would like some kinda guarantee. Part payment before and then the rest after the parts arrive...that way there is trust on both sides! What do you think!
Snake.

P.S. I will tell ya's if I get my parts!! It shouldn't take longer then a week. Got my fingers crossed...and toe's.

Last edited by Snake; 04-09-2002 at 06:56 AM..
Old 04-09-2002, 07:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Snake,

I've asked George for my tracking number and I let him know that I was able to post a message here for you (keep your fingers and toes crossed, maybe he'll email me my and your tracking number)!

Who is John Galt?
Old 04-09-2002, 12:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Thanks Buddy!

Hey Pete! Thanks for the e-mail about my parts. Will see if George gets it right this time. I wished he would have e-mailed me! After waiting so long for the headers..and having to buy from someone else...Now I'd rather get a Cosmetic rolbar! Man I hated to post on all forum...but something had to be done...and after reading Don Scotts thread...well it just pissed me off. Nothing was happening...so I lost it.. and put out a full attack on George!
Well I'm sure that if you hadn't got in on it...and Don...and the rest of the guy's we'd still be waiting for are parts. Just wanted to say thanks for being there!!
By the way...my name is Gerry if you don't already know..and I really love your build up site. EXCELLENT!!..Oh ya...remember the guy you were suposed to give your old CR dash too...just pay the shipping...It was me. Hehehehe!
Thanks Again and hope you get your Snake done for when your Dad comes......he'll love it.
Gerry.

P.S. Others on the GT forum are getting tracking numbers now...where's are's?

Last edited by Snake; 04-09-2002 at 12:27 PM..
Old 04-10-2002, 09:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gerry,

I always wondered what happened to you (vis. the dash). Your request came about the same time that I had four or five (apparently high school kids) ask about the dash. Haven't had a request since!

No word this morning from George

Who is John Galt?
Old 04-10-2002, 11:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Post Pete

About the dash...you were waiting on someone that had ask you for it...or at least was interested in it two years ago. If he didn't want it, I was going to send you money for the shipping...but after time had passed I ended up buing one from Tom Branda. I did the samething you did, used it for a template and made one out of a nice pice of cherry, will look nice when I'm finished. So no news from George...I guess he's contacting the rest of the guy's that are waiting for parts. All give it a week and see what happens...after this long what's a week. Man it's almost time to wire up the dash....im kinda worried that I mite screw up....hate to melt down the harness....I have no idea on how to do this. All just fallow the manual..one wire at a time...I should be ok.
Keep in touch Buddy.
Gerry.

P.S. I would like to thank everybody that has helped by posting there problems with the out standing parts issue. If it wasn't for everyone standing together and helping out we'd still be waiting.
THANKS TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Snake; 04-10-2002 at 11:36 AM..
Old 04-10-2002, 12:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     

I got a call from George yesterday. He didn't want anything just talked . I asked about your full width roll bar Pete, He said it was shipping today . I hope he's right. I told him he should do something about all the bad press he's getting and he said he was working on it. We'll see.
Don
Old 04-10-2002, 01:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Don,
Hope springs eternal. I'd be in nirvana if I found a tracking number when I get home tonight. My body shop / paint guy has been very understanding with letting me delay time and again. I'm still hoping to have my Cobra in for paint next week.

We'll see ........

Who is John Galt?
Old 04-10-2002, 02:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     

Everything I've received from George comes by US Mail with 40,000 stamps on it (I'd hate to be the one to have to lick all those stamps). I don't use the mail for packages but will they provide a tracking number like UPS or Fed Ex?
Don
Old 04-10-2002, 02:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Frankly I don't know. I do know (from information over at GT40s.com) that the folks waiting for parts there rec'd tracking numbers.

Who is John Galt?
Old 04-10-2002, 07:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Post Hey Don & Pete

He guy's! I just had to jump into this one....I checked my records back when I got my sidepipes July 7 2001...and your not going to beleave this....I have the UPS Brokerage C.O.D for $80.99...confurming that it came UPS. Don't understand why the headers didn't come the same way? Well....! They haven't come at all that explains that.
Gerry.