28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2014, 06:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

After my "Pinto sweetener" the follow-up email he sent me was too graphic to post here but clearly he became unhinged. Something about me finding the time to email him with all the "activity" I had going on with my sister and dog. Oh well, clearly I was short on the counter offer - I think I'll rummage through the garage some more and see what else I can find
db replicas likes this.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Chevy LS3 supercharged
Not Ranked     

i just sent him this on the ebay Q and A .

(i work in the kit car industry in the UK and i am telling you mate that's a kit car and not a very good one ether you would be lucky to get $7000 for it over here)

and he sent this reply back

(Dear garyjettrike,

I'm glad you're so smart, and so helpful. It's obvious you know this car so well, must have driven it at least 50,000 miles like I have. It was so great to get your insightful email - it really helps. Gee it's great you've gone out of your way, I know this was quite an effort for your, wow, you even managed to spell all the words right! The world is so much better with such kind gentlemen as you going around doing such wonderful good for others .)

i think if a few more of us tell him the truth about his car it mite just push him over the edge
Wodnas likes this.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

He's one of: ignorant, stupid, unethical or a thief. And you can add "arrogant" as an adjective to any one of them to further clarify it. He's taken a turd, polished it, and hoping he'll find someone stupid enough to buy it. Who knows, there may be someone.

I mean, really, a barn find?

Have you reported the misrepresentation to ebay?
Old 02-22-2014, 09:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjettrike View Post
... i think if a few more of us tell him the truth about his car it mite just push him over the edge
Yes, this guy is a total jackass. Go to Q&A and ask him how he can ask $40K for a 37 year old 6-cylinder kit car that is obviously beat up and abused when the same money will get you a clean professionally built low mileage replica with a powerful V8.

... let's keep this idiot busy defending that piece-o-chit lol.
Bill D likes this.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have a feeling this guy is asking and answering his own Q&A now, got to keep the bad press down to a minimum!

Q: Howdy t603503, no need to respond, was just cruising ebay in search of real original authentic stickers and your auto popped up under 'real' Cobra. Very very nice ride you have, but most of all as I read the description, I LIKE YOUR ATTITUDE. Adios, D... Feb-22-14
A: Thank you. Apparently this market doesn't appreciate an honestly presented car, judging from all the crazy and ill-informed emails I've gotten from so many mentally challenged individuals.`
Q: Thanks for standing up to the thug experts who claim to know more about your cobra then you do. Looks like an excellent cobra at a reasonable price. I'd buy it in a heart beat if I didn't have too many other cars already. Tell the so called experts to F off. They clearly know truly very little about cobras and yours in particularly. Thanks for standing up to these assholes. Feb-21-14
A: Well thank you - I don;t understand the vituperation of these guys, my god, it's just a car after all. The fact that they don't like it or understand it has unleashed this cataclysm that's absolutely absurd - accusations of blasphemy, fraud, absolutely unfounded nonsense by people who cannot understand the difference between a self made kit car and a factory produced car, and if it doesn't matter to them, why do they care? I suspect none of these people have ever owned anything like this before anyway, but just can't stand that someone doesn't want to go along with their self-declared alleged expertise that's in reality just arrogant ignorance. Someone sent me an anonymous email stating that all the Kobra Kit Kar forums are castigating me and my car - as if I should care what a bunch of uninformed self aggrandizing buffoons think. It's obvious their only purpose is to impress themselves and peers with how much they really don't know. Look at all the obvious fraud and mis-representation, and shady sellers hiding behind an email curtain. I've never attempted to hide anything nor made it hard to contact me or inspect/test drive my car. Any seller that won't publish his phone number is one I think we should be afraid of.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Dreams
Not Ranked     

I believe he is trying as much as he might to make this point. A car made in a factory is much better than a car made in your garage. This begs the question... "why?". This attention to who and where it was built says nothing about what it is. But that's what he's selling, the "what", the car. I put together my cobra replica in my garage. There were many issues that if I had it made in the "factory", I'd have a far worse car if I had not redone most of the work myself. Does this mean that you cannot perform maintenance by yourself and you need to take it to the nearest tune & lube? I suppose the point that you may have "issues" telling the attendant at the DMV that it's a car you assembled yourself vs. one you purchased from a factory may make the conversation go better, but that's all. Is this the selling point? You can just claim that this car was made at a factory? Well OK. Awesome. I'd just never bring that up unless they ask.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR chassis and suspension, Mr. Bruce 289 FIA body
Not Ranked     

Got this from him today

"Dear bill_d,

Thank you for your wonderful words of advice - I can tell you put a great deal of thought and effort into it. It's people like you that make the world such a nice place . . . I think I'm going to go out and buy a Factory Five Cobra Parody with way too much horsepower to compensate for gonadical impairment like all the other over-powered under-engineered Cobra wanna-bes have . . . oh, wait a minute, that's not a problem I have . . . "

So I replied with this

Dear t603503,

There are numerous Pilgrim Cobra replicas in far better condition for less money than your rag tag, run down over priced replica kit car. Letting your car become rundown doesn't contribute any historical significance to it. In fact, it has the opposite effect. You tried to sell this turd in 2012 and there weren't any takers. There won't be any takers this time around either. Even the Pilgrim owners on their forum mock you ad as silly and delusional. You can use all the words you want to verbally polish your "turd", but at the end of he day, it's still a turd.

You may dis Factory Five and other Cobra makes, but they are far better than the factory built demonstrator you're hawking.

- bill_d
Old 02-22-2014, 03:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR Cobra 3169
Not Ranked     

My shed is about 150 square metres. Does that qualify as a small factory?
JD
Bill D likes this.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Crendon 427 S/C 428 FE+toploader
Not Ranked     

I would suggest he knws exactly what he is doing. I understand he has a history of importing cars to the US already - maybe he just had a spare slot in a crate when he was shipping a Bentley over....the car has never been officially exported, and still owes road tax in the UK!
Old 02-23-2014, 06:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
I would suggest he knws exactly what he is doing. I understand he has a history of importing cars to the US already - maybe he just had a spare slot in a crate when he was shipping a Bentley over....the car has never been officially exported, and still owes road tax in the UK!
That can't be a good thing.

It's amazing how the seller spins everything to his positive. Of course, a 6-cylinder is more reliable. "Patina" and "barn find" equal more value. "Factory-built" is better than "kit car" regardless, even if that the factory could have been run by Moe, Larry and Curly.

I'd like to join in the fun, but simply don't have the patience you guys do.
KevinW likes this.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
... even if that the factory could have been run by Moe, Larry and Curly.
And represented by

Dewey, Cheatum & Howe

Who have gone on to become the legal reps of the Click and Clack, The Car Talk guys(Ray and Tom Magliozzi)
Old 03-05-2014, 07:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR chassis and suspension, Mr. Bruce 289 FIA body
Not Ranked     

HAHAHAHAHA that worn out, ratty, neglected "original" kit car didn't sell despite him sending me an email that he had a buyer lined up. Now he can put that POS turd back in the barn where it belongs.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Crendon 427 S/C 428 FE+toploader
Not Ranked     

Noticed he offers export back to UK....so wait for all the years of unpaid road tax to hit the new owner, as it was never officialy exported.

And here he resorts to lies.... unfortunate indeed...

Pilgram Cobras were kit cars, you might want to clarify that in your listing Feb-14-14
A: This is NOT a kit car, it is a 1977 Pilgrim Cobra roadster In 1977 you went into a showroom and bought this as a complete car, titled and registered as a Pilgrim. The company did not survive. The Pilgrim name was bought by an entity which then went on to produce a line of kit cars, but this is not one of those, although it has a similar name. Unfortunate. One look at this car and it's obvious that it is a professionally manufactured automobile, not something that someone 'snapped together' from a pile of parts such as a Factory Five etc. If you don't understand the difference between low production automobiles and kit cars please feel free to call me - 971-998-27O3. Kit cars present all sorts of problems due to amateur construction such as indifferent or poor quality of assembly, mis-matched components resulting in under-engineered braking and handling, many are dangerously over-powered. This is why virtually all of the specialty collector car insurance companies will no longer touch a Kit car Cobra - too many people have killed themselves, their passengers and innocent bystanders with them. My car has none of these issues - it is a 1977 Pilgrim and is titled, registered and insured as such.

I could have said he was dillusional, but clearly he proves is actually just a wide-boy trying to make a fast buck.