28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2002, 08:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default John's Custom Fabrication 289 kit

I was wondering if anyone could give me any information about John's Custom. Has anyone done business with them? If so what do you think of their product, business integrity? I really like the 289 slab side Cobra and would like to get a project going.
Old 05-26-2002, 09:46 PM
289 FIA Fan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Go to the NW Cobra Club site under local clubs and talk with Walt Tomsic

Dave Lowell
Old 05-26-2002, 09:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA535 with 427FE s.o.& toploader
Send a message via AIM to bonyhadi Send a message via Yahoo to bonyhadi
Not Ranked     

or do a search, there are many threads, here is one:-
Jcf
Old 11-02-2002, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool

We purchased a Slabside 289, built by JCF in 1992.
The owner lived in Guam, so we used JCF as the middleman. We are the third owners.The car is very nice, and after 10 years, still wins at some of the major car shows in the state. The construction is second to none,and JCF and the crew go out of the way to help us when a problem comes up. John's handshake is his word and bond. All of the 289's are mechanicaly similar, ported, polished, 351 W heads, Weiand manifold, roller rockers, Comp cams, etc.

Feel free to contact us at gouldjj@open.org.

Jerry2
Old 11-03-2002, 06:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default 289 slabside

I am also looking for a 289 slabside. Did you have any luck with your search. The only one I can find is in England made by Hawke.
Old 11-03-2002, 06:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

several threads in recent months have been posted re JCF and his cars . search for "JCF" or "Johns Custom Fabrication" (i think that is what the initials stand for). its there somewhere . b
Old 11-03-2002, 06:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

you didn't look very hard. i just did a search on "JCF" and came up with 4 threads, and did one on "Johns Custom Fabrication" and came up with 9 threads ( looks like a couple might be repeats from JCF thread and one or two might not necessarily be related to JCF). however , you want to know, so you can do your search and read same. good luck. many positive comments in those threads as well as a reference to a Kit Car mag cover story about a princess blue 289 slabby that JCF built. good reading in that article too. Bill
Old 11-03-2002, 07:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool

JCF aka: John' s Custom Fabrication is located at 1515 Newmark Ave. Coos Bay, Oregon, 97420. His phone number is 1 541 888 9313, with the best time to call being 9:30 to 11:00am. Altho our car was built in 1992, we purchased it in November of 1999. John can build the car anyway you want it,.....9" with 4 link, T-bird rearend, salsbury (Jag) with any transmission you wish. Check with M&M who just took delivery of a JCF 427. M&M is 6'7'' tall with size BIG feet.

Good luck....

Jerry2
Old 11-03-2002, 08:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default Re:

A local friend of mine has a 289 slabside JCF car. He bought the body and chassis, and finished up the suspension himself. I considered buying one, I'm trying a 427 again, but would like to have one of his cars in the future.

John will build it however you want it.

Yes, there are several threads on this website about JCF cars - as others have mentioned...
Old 11-03-2002, 10:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have a 289 comming from John; should be here in a few weeks. I can only add to what has already been said in that the build quality is excellet, John and his crew will build it any way you want it built and his hand-shake is as good as a contract. He does not advertise because he is kept busy via word of mouth. You may contact me if you would like to do so.
Mike Shaw
Old 11-05-2002, 07:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

thanks for the info, I was hoping to find some pictures, technical info and prices. I will give him a call and talk to him.

Why is it that there is so few 289 slabside builders around? Everyone knows this is the best looking model!!!!
Old 11-05-2002, 08:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JCF 427 - FE 427 SO
Send a message via ICQ to M & M
Not Ranked     
Post JCF

PaulJohn,

I have an article scanned from Kit Car magazine that features one of John’s 289’s that is owned by Walt Tomsic. If you want to email me your email address I would be glad to send it to you. John’s 289 is put on the same chassis as the 427 so you can look in my gallery and see what that looks like. He can do solid rear or Jag independent. If any of you are in a hurry for a 289 you can contact Walt. Last I saw he had his for sale, look in the ad’s section of this forum listed under “Other Manufacturers.” The blue is much better looking than the picture shows, where it looks washed out.

http://www.clubcobra.com/classifieds...&cat=35&de=122

Jerry2,

You’re stretching things a little for me! Only 6’4” and my shoes are 12! BTW, I sent you an email. Did you receive it?

Mike
Old 11-05-2002, 09:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

If you do a search on "Coos Bay" you maybe able to find some earlier threads on John's custom Fabricating.

TURK
Old 11-06-2002, 09:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Exclamation JCF Slabside for sale.....

That car owned by Walt Tomsic I do believe is for sale - please check the for sale area.

David
Old 03-20-2003, 11:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default JCF SlabSide 289 Cobra

Alydar--

My JCF 289 SlabSide Cobra is For Sale. Please see pix on Feature Sales area of ClubCobra. I have more pix if you are interested.

I have purchased a 1978 5spd 928 Porsche and find I can not afford to keep both cars. Car is garaged at Smith Mtn. Lake, near Lynchburg/Roanoke, VA. Pix are a month old and were taken at the lake.

I can be reached at 301-228-8028 (work) and
301-631-8082.

Ed Trottier