PO Box 17325
Rochester , New York 14617

President: Daniel B. Medwin

Direct office 716-342-5769
toll free 888-521-1891

My name: Steven E. Parks

Office 972-313-0959
cellular 972-740-1211

John, If I have forgotten anything please let me know and I will edit this notice.

The story,

On October17-2000 I personally spoke with Daniel B. Medwin about getting a 1966 title for my Cobra. He told me there was no problem and this was totally legal and this was a large part of his business. He quoted me a price of $299.00 for the transaction. I agreed to the terms . I had spoken to his office on two other occasions and had been mailed a package with the papers I needed to fill out. I asked him if there was anything I could do to speed up this deal, he said yes, send him an additional $125.00 and he could get it done in one or two days maximum. He also told me if I would write a seperate check for $ 17.00 he would mail the paperwork back to me second day air. The agreement was made and on October 21-2000 I personally wrote two seperate checks, one to US Auto & Title Company (Daniel B. Medwin) for $ 425.00 Check number 5926 , and a second check in the amount of $17.00 to Daniel B. Medwin check # 5927.

I have had no calls or paperwork mailed to me of any nature. I called Mr. Medwin two weeks ago and he told me he would mail back the $ 125.00 for the speedy work and my paper work would be done this week, (that was two and a half weeks ago).

Calling them does no good . I STRONGLY recommend we do not use this company to do any more work for anyone in the club. When I call I am always told the same thing They have alot of paperwork to deal with and I will get mine when it is done.

............BUYER BEWARE................
US AUTO & TITLE COMPANY WILL NOT DO THE JOB AS THEY ADVERTISE.

Steven E. Parks
AKA FERRARI KILLER

[This message has been edited by 4RE KLR (edited 11-18-2000).]
Old 11-21-2000, 02:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     
Steve,

I left a message this morning for Daniel. Let's see what happens.

I'm also curious as to why you didn't use Titles Unlimited? Many folks have expressed their happiness with their work, never any problems. Their express service costs $240 and are quite reliable.

JM

[This message has been edited by John McMahon (edited 11-21-2000).]
Old 11-25-2000, 02:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Angry

I recieved a call from these people on Friday 11/24/2000. They tell me that there is a paperwork problem and it will all have to be sent back to DMV for reprocessing. They are trying to point the finger at me for there obvious shortcomings. I asked when it would be sent back to DMV and was told they don't do ANYTHING on a case by case basis. I will have to wait until they get enough to send a lot of them at once. I asked when that would be I was told " when they get enought to send" " could be several more weeks before they send anymore out. These people will not give me a definate date for ANYTHING.

I asked them to send "ALL MY MONEY BACK, I WILL FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO DO THE JOB" I was told they would. I will post again in a few days to see if these people can do that without have to wait till they get enough to go to the POST OFFICE.

BUYER BEWARE BUYER BEWARE

BUYER BEWARE BUYER BEWARE.................

Steven E. Parks
Ferrari Killer

Old 11-25-2000, 04:19 PM
BLACKJACK
Visit my Photo Gallery

Lightbulb

HI STEVE - - I'M REALLY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT WHEN YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK YOU PUT ABOUT HALF OF IT IN YOUR POCKET AND SEND THE REST TO RON MUIR AT TLC ENTERPRISES. RON IS WORKING UP THE PAPERS FOR MY LATEST ADDITION AND HAS DONE TWO PREVIOUS COBRAS FOR ME. I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT GREAT SERVICE FROM HIM AND I HAVE RECOMMENDED HIM TO SEVERAL OTHER HAPPY COBRA OWNERS. PHONE: 800-654-7741.
$250.00 BUYS YOU A LOT OF GOOD, FRIENDLY AND PROMPT SERVICE. TELL HIM ABOUT THE PROBLEM YOU HAD AND TELL HIM THAT JACK MOGUS REFERRED YOU TO HIM.
BEST OF LUCK - - BLACKJACK
Old 11-26-2000, 03:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     
Again,

Buyer Beware!!!!!!!

I think most members that have had to title their car have used Titles Unlimited with little or no problems. They are fast, courteous and thorough. If all US Titles does is send on the paperwork without any review, what use are they???? Thier sole purpose is to provide a service, which in my mind includes review of the paperwork.

I will contact this company again (BTW - they never called me back!), informing them of CC's recommendation of using another company.

JM
Old 11-29-2000, 01:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Cool

WELL,
I must say I got a pleasant surprise on November 28,2000. I was refunded my money IN FULL. No exlpanation, no paperwork, no return call, nothing just recieved my money back... ALL OF IT.

I would not recommend anyone in the club using this company in the future because they most certinally do not do what they say they will do, And they were VERY RUDE when I called. I have also learned since then that there are several other companies that do the same thing for less money. I would like to thank everyone who helped me with this problem.

"JOHN McMAHON FOR PRESIDENT"

Thanks John, Rosco, BJ, Matt, and Jay.....

Ferrari Killer
Steve Parks
Old 11-29-2000, 01:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A & C, 351W, Tremec 3550. Exiled Member: Club Cranky
Send a message via ICQ to Roscoe
Not Ranked     
Ferrari Xer,

Score one for the good guys!!

Roscoe
Old 11-29-2000, 01:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Steve,

That is certainly good news. Glad I could help out. But it's not me that really did it, its the entire Club Cobra membership that has demonstrated that there is power in numbers!!

By banding together to discuss the issues and alert others of not only businesses to steer clear of, but also those that should be rewarded for their excellent customer service and response to the customer.

No one will protect us, but us!

Keep up the good work one and all!!!

JM
Old 11-29-2000, 03:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Cool

Steve,

Glad to hear you got all of your money back, as you requested when they phoned you on 11-24-00.

Old 12-03-2000, 08:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pilgrim Sumo
Not Ranked     
Talking

I would hate to see John any where near our presidential election except as a mediator. As far as a company in New York State accomplishing anything in a Department of Motor Vehicle office good luck, Been there done that, wont return frank
Old 08-07-2001, 06:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default US AUTO & TITLES COMPANY

I got a title for my 64 Cobra Daytona Coupe from US title about a year ago.

I never talked to them, filled out their online forms and sent them in with a check, and received my title in about six weeks.

The entire transaction was done mail / email.

Personally, I found their service prompt professional and courteous.

I recommend them, although you cann't be in a big hurry.

The cost was around $300.

Tom Frey, Tulsa, OK
Old 08-08-2001, 06:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A & C, 351W, Tremec 3550. Exiled Member: Club Cranky
Send a message via ICQ to Roscoe
Not Ranked     

Titles Unlimited = 3 days

Ththththat's All Folks

Roscoe