28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2002, 03:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Not Ranked     
Exclamation Players Run, Are they legit?

I felt that this topic should be here as well. I have set the wheels in motion for an investigation. Check the following thread.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/show...895#post180895

If anyone can find one credible fact about this event please post it here.

Hersh
Old 10-17-2002, 03:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427FE (sold & missed)
Not Ranked     

Also alot being said over on the Cobra Forum about this same subject.

Brian
Old 10-17-2002, 03:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA535 with 427FE s.o.& toploader
Send a message via AIM to bonyhadi Send a message via Yahoo to bonyhadi
Not Ranked     

saw the same posts about the run on
the English forums and a Mercedes and
Porsche site in Germany? As you well
know you can designate a charity and
donate a small amount and make it
appear like the event is in their behalf.
How much are they getting for each entry? Good luck finding out...
Old 10-25-2002, 10:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of an A&C
Not Ranked     

From the PlayersRun Terms & Conditions page

"Powertrip,LLC reserves the right to refuse participation or cancel the event at any time without disclosing the reason. Powertrip,LLC does not guarantee any special driving events. Deposits are non-refundable."

I'm thinking of starting a "company" to sell trips on the space shuttle for $50,000, however, I think I'll use the same terms and conditions as PlayersRun/PowerTripLLC.

Deposits will only be $20,000 for my shuttle trips.

Any takers?
Old 10-25-2002, 11:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA535 with 427FE s.o.& toploader
Send a message via AIM to bonyhadi Send a message via Yahoo to bonyhadi
Not Ranked     

what did PT Barnum say?
Old 10-25-2002, 11:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     

BT,

Meat, MrMustang and Computerworks have done a lot of background on these guys and haven't found anything.

More info at:

http://www.cobraforum.com/yabbse/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=8011
Old 10-25-2002, 02:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

John,
I have been following that thread as well over on the CobraForum. I have called numerous State DOT's and none
of them have heard of these people. I also noted that on their site they changed the part about road closures and posted something to the effect that it will now be on private areas.
I Still think this group has done nothing to give themselves credibility. Instead of being forthcoming with answers they have remained evasive about the facts. They assume that by calling a cell phone number that they can clear up all of ones questions. What's the big secret ? All they need to do is give the promoters and or business license and any other information that would help folks verify they are working with a legitimate organization.
I still have a few more calls to make but I think it will be up to
the Colorado Attorney Generals office to investigate since
it is a possible internet fraud. All I can do is pass on all the current info to Mr. Ken Salazer's office in Denver. More than likely they will send out an investigator to check it out.

Hersh
Old 10-26-2002, 06:05 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down

So, with the thread over on Cobraforum locked (why I'll never know), I guess I have to start posting any information here, as I know that Brent does not like scam artists and would never lock a thread such as this over here....

No new updates as of right now, have spoken with several people offline (no not Marcus, who has yet to give me a real traceable phone number as of today), all have expressed the same feelings towards a group such as this who wants money up front, yet offers no real substance as to their end means.............Still no confirmation from Make A Wish as to anything having to do with these folks (under several different names mind you), other than the standard "We have no idea who these people are, nor have they ever contacted us as of today" (10/22/02)...............I did see that the verbage on their site has changed from public to private (in regards to their claim of 10% of the route being wide open with no speed limit)...Yet I still challenge them to offer proof of this claim as well, as I do not believe that their is 200 miles of private roads between the start and ending point of the southern route choosen.......Unlessd of course they stop at a few speedways, and count the total time on the track as the "wide open private roads"............Although a neat idea, still slightly misleading to say the least............Will fill you all in when I get more information from my other sources............

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 10-26-2002, 06:29 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Oops, almosr forgot to show you the links I found to another one of Christians websites...Seems Marcus is trying to play the US version of last years UK event, and Christian has found is US partner.....Interesting to say the least:

http://www.gumballrally.net/gumball.html

With kentville.net as the supposed owner of the site, yet kentville.net as a domain is forsale on the open market...Sounds like a blind drop to me.....Does something not feel right............Only time will tell.

http://www.gumball3000.com/home.asp

This one seems more legit than the others........But has that same flair for the undramatic hyoe with no real substance................Perhaps it's just me..........We'll let you the reader decide for yourself.........

Bill S.

PS: Watch out for Active X coding in each one of the links above.....................

Old 10-27-2002, 01:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I have been watching this thread for a while now and I have to say the "players" are persistant. I was checking the website and the forum they have there and I thought is was funny that the user profiles for the first 15 or so have the so called "personal websites" are things like an Isuzu site, the players run site, etc. etc.. Not one "personal" page there.

I wish they would step and provide some info or just go away. If it's a scam, it's exposed. If it's for real there is no reason to not put up some real info.

For the players people it is time to put up or shut up.

Enough said.
Old 11-09-2002, 08:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Send a message via ICQ to meat
Not Ranked     

Markus has called me and left a message from:

(303)549-3249 (unknown) and
(303)785-0397 (One Step Beyond)

Both numbers are in Colorado, One Step Beyond is a company located at:

1425 Market Street
Denver, CO 80202
(303)825-4592

Now, I may not be the brightest light in the night sky, but I'd have to say that if I was going to threaten someone, I wouldn't leave that threat on a message machine...it's being recorded, I know it's being recorded, and it can be used in court.

Markus Lex is the Registrant of www.playersrun.net, and the registered address is:

markus lex
1425 market street
denver, co 80202

I also got an interesting call from a number that came back as Compaq. On the locked CobraForum thread, I went a'fishin', and the member who calls himself 'toptr1' - an employee of a 'Fortune Five' company, according to him (and you should read how he comes up with that number) - took the bait. Apparently, he works for Compaq.

Your pal,
Meat.
Old 11-12-2002, 04:36 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     
Arrow

Meat,

My reading is the same, yet I have access offline to several "wanabe players" who have not been able to hook up with Markus...Even one who had invited him to a local meeting of his/her club(s), with Markus being a no show....Let the potential customer beware...Then again, just look how desperate they have become..Issueing their own press release, not on a regular news wire, but on a pay for release type of news board.......ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.. .This is such a non issue any longer, it is not even funny......................

Bill S.

Old 12-20-2002, 02:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking Deposit for shuttle flight

Wadesdad,
What address do I send my $20,000 check for your shuttle flight. I'll send the check as soon as my Worldcom stock pays me the money they promised 2 years ago.