Kirkham Motorsports

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2002, 11:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast. 514 / 6 speed Richmond overdrive
Not Ranked     
Exclamation Either way, the car is mine by January 15th.

Even if I am forced to fly out there, inspect it, and hire my own delivery service. Vern has told me it will be delivered, finished, by then, but regardless it's mine on January 15th, finished or no.

M & M I have an extensive arms collection, that is one of my MEDIUM sized "war" swords, in my photo gallery
James Madison, father of the Constitution, said, "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." He also said, "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.standdown.net/index.htm
Old 12-20-2002, 12:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRL, 351W, Tremec TKO
Not Ranked     

If the fellow is playing games I think I'd just hop on over and pick up the car now. Jan 15 is what, three weeks away? That's a lot of "head start".

Who is John Galt?
Old 12-20-2002, 01:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

BnB I am sorry to hear about your delays. I became a member just after you had ordered your car. Because of you I started to consider a WCC. I had thought they were a cut above. I really hope you don't have to go up there and dissembowl someone to get your car. Why is it that people in the automotive industry can get away with that kind of crap? Paint jail, back ordered, wrong parts, don't fit, etc.... If I treated my customers like that I would be out of business. Best of luck to you and your Cobra!
Old 12-20-2002, 01:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Update

I spoke with Vern Redel today and he assures me he is working on the car right now, has an employee on the final mechanical details today. I am giving him this last chance to get it together. All that is left now is the hardtop final bodywork and painting, the softtop fitting, and the final interior install. The problem is not, I do believe, with any criminal activity, but just plain sloth and poor business practices. If I operated this way, as supie says, I would be out of business. The problem is that this is a turnkey, with many custom features, and I should have had it built locally, as Vern has not produced it in a timely manner, while completing kits and shipping them right and left.

I will have the car by mid next month, either way. I have so stated to Vern and he agrees. I want to be fair and also want a factory finished turnkey, but I am not waiting any longer.
James Madison, father of the Constitution, said, "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." He also said, "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 12-20-2002, 03:20 PM
I feel the need for speed
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default BiB

I am so disappointed in Vern....as an owner of a West Coast, I feel he has let all of us down.....I feel bad for you, but keep a stiff upper lip and sharpen that sword.....

I agree with another post....I would go now just to see where he stands...I would call Vern and say "where do I come to see how you are doing" and go......(if you can)....

m 2c
Old 12-20-2002, 03:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JCF 427 - FE 427 SO
Send a message via ICQ to M & M
Not Ranked     
Wink Sharp!

BnB,

That sword might make a dam nice hood ornament too! Plus you would have pretty quick access to it should someone decide to touch or come close to your paint job! Reach over the windshield, pull and smack! A head, an arm or maybe a "toad sticker" groin shot!

About the Cobra, hang in there. Been there done it!

Patience "Grasshopper"

Mike
Old 12-22-2002, 04:41 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

B&B,

While you and I have not always seen eye to eye, my advice at this time is to get it all in writing. Ask for a letter from Vern spelling out exactly when your car will be ready, and that everything you have agreed upon up to this point will indeed be accomplished, and with "quality of work performed" in mind..

Sincerely,

Yours In Fords,

Bill S.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on television (see, you got that in writing)

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 12-30-2002, 03:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Antique & Collectible 302
Not Ranked     

If he has an e-mail address, send him a link to this thread. The publicity this site avails the Cobra public is powerful.
Better yet, post his e-mail address and a few of our outspoken members could give him a few words of encouragement each day until he comes through. Imagine how a couple of hundred "where's BinB's Cobra?" e-mails could jam up a mailbox.
There's strength in unity.
Old 12-31-2002, 05:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Christmas was only 6 days ago. I kind of agree with some of the others, give his another couple of weeks to pull it together. If I had to spend 14 months on a project, I would expect to hit completion within 3-4 weeks either side of that date. In the case of this custom car, probably 4 weeks after. This hopefully isn't the only car he's ever built. I once had an antique rifle rebuilt by Stone Mountain Armoury and it took two and a half years!But they were the best in the Southeast and did an excellent job.

Be carefull of rushing him too much and forcing a sloppy paint job, assembly, testing, etc. that will cost you more money and aggravation later. Imagine having to take your car from WA to Ontario for warranty work!
Old 12-31-2002, 08:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Thanks for the support and advice, guys

I really appreciate it.

Vern has agreed to complete and deliver the car by January 15th, 2003. I am holding him to that date, but if not finished and delivered by then, I am flying out to pick it up immediately, and have it finished here locally..not much left to do, and I have some very sharp custom shops lined up (upholstery, custom rod shops, EFI install, dyno testing)

Vern has indeed built many turnkeys, and hundreds of kits over the last 20 + years in business..he lost his best workers last summer, and had to train a few guys, so I have been patient till now, 4-5 months later. I will not miss spring/summer 2003 in my snake. I don't mind getting the finished car and having the throttle body installed again and the Holley Pro-Jection EFI tuned..the injectors, sending sensors and such are all installed. It will come with an 850 edelbrock carb, just needs the throttle body swapped.

let's wait out the deadline and see what happens, this is the fair thing to do.

Regards,
Steven,
AKA BiB
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 01-09-2003, 09:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Update

Well, things are looking up...spoke with Vern every day or two for the last few weeks (something I did not do earlier in the process, but probably should have..the sqeaky wheel gets the grease, it is said) Vern says the hardtop is being picked up (painted, finished) today, and will be installed immediately..it is the #1 production unit, the first ever made by West Coast. The softtop install is being finished as I write this, and the interior is done except for the carpets.. a few minor mechanical details left too..Vern says it will be delivered as promised, on the 15th of January, barring bad weather..and the weather seems to be co-operating nicely, according to forecasts.

So, next week she should be in my garage. Will certainly make a post with pics when she arrives
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 01-09-2003, 12:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

BiB,

Congratulations on your car almost being done. It has been nice down here the past few days which is rare for January and I have gone for a couple of drives. If I remember correctly from my days at Ft. Lewis you are most likely having rain up there. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 01-09-2003, 01:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hope it is everything you have dreamed of and paid for!
Look forward to the pictures.
Old 01-09-2003, 01:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Location: Right in the middle of the beautiful Texas Hill Country - Boerne, Texas,
Send a message via Yahoo to Blake Olson
Not Ranked     

BIB,

congratulations. The Pictures look great... shoot some video of that motor running...wanna hear that thing...

blake

"Charlie Don't Surf!"
Old 01-09-2003, 01:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Wink Have a nice Sony digital camcorder !

Will definitely provide some video in due time..finished pics as she arrives !

The weather actually has been dry and "warm" all week..rain coming on saturday they say..but it looks to be a "Long Hot Summer" thanks to El Nino...and that makes me
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 01-15-2003, 07:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I used to fix them for a living
Not Ranked     
Default IS it there yet?

Today is supposed to be the day, has it made the journey all the way to your garage yet?
Old 01-15-2003, 08:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Unhappy Nope

Supposedly just a few things left to finish, and he will be leaving soon, maybe, supposedly, possibly. Looks like I will have to pay a transport company if I want the car before summer. Something is gonna happen in the next 24 hours, will keep you all posted.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 01-15-2003, 08:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Is it there yet?
Are we there yet?

Whatever you do, don't go dresssed in your Knight outfit. Rent borrow steal a cop uniform, it will be more period correct and go get your car.
You want me to go with you?

TURK
Old 01-15-2003, 08:29 AM
I feel the need for speed
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default BiB

I am with you in spirit....and I'll ride shotgun if you need it....This is better than watchin soaps!!
Old 01-16-2003, 12:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     
Default Well?

B in B,
What happened.? Is it there yet?

TURK