28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2003, 06:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to ravedemon
Not Ranked     
Question shell valley....goods and bads??

i'm writing this b/c i plan on buying a kit car soon, and i'm leaning towards a shell valley kit car......i looked at almost every company so far and the price sheets.....lookin at price last and overall performance and quality first i descided to go with a shell valley, but from what i been seeing is that the shelly valley car doesn't come up very much......why is that?????? is the car of low quality, or price, or whatever........from what i see they make a quality product and so far have been very helpful......so i'm tryin to figure out what are their downfalls (i know EVERYONE has one), b/c i wanna know what to go around and do myself than deal with the problems....
any reply would help!!!!
thanks
Jason
Old 02-27-2003, 03:07 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Have had excellent service on ordering parts from Shell Valley and I do not have their kit. They have been most helpful on the phone and parts have arrived in 2 - 3 days. The thing that really impressed me about them is he has nothing but good things to say about everyone else in the industry. Web site is also easy to order from or just call them. I have purchased many extras from them and would purchase my next kit there. Hope this helps.

Jim
Old 02-27-2003, 03:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary-Aluminum 484 FE
Not Ranked     

The owner Rich Anderson is a super guy that you can also trust to do what he agrees to do. He has made many improvements and up grades to the Shell Valley cars in the last few years. He also owns Mid States. I have seen recently several very nice Shell Valley cars.
wt
Old 02-27-2003, 05:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

A FRIEND OF MINE BOUGHT A SHELL VALLEY LAST SUMMER. THE BODY WAS SO SLICK THAT THE PAINTER CHARGED $750 LESS TO PAINT IT. I HAVE A LONE STAR, JEFF HAS A UNQIUE, MIKE HAS A FFR, AND I'VE SEEN A COUPLE OF CLASSIC, BUT THE NEW SHELL VALLEY BODY BEATS THEM ALL. VERY LITTLE PREP WORK BEFORE PAINT. THIS WAS COLIN SECOND SHELL VALLEY AND HE SAYS THE SERVICE IS GREAT. PRICES ARE GOOD. HE HAS THE CAR ALMOST FINISHED. HE'S INSTALLING THE CARPET NOW. 390 WITH A TOPLOADER. BLUE WITH WHITE STRIPS. LOOKS VERY GOOD.
Old 04-17-2003, 12:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

I have had nothing but good experiences with them with the new ownership. Wouldn't have said this with the prior ownership.
Old 04-17-2003, 01:52 PM
Average Guy
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: red Shell Valley, white stripes
Not Ranked     

I bought most of the parts to make a car in 1993. They all went together (with some re-configuring) to make a respectable-looking, low priced replica. I have had good experience with Dana and Rich and would recommend that Shell Valley get your consideration. They are among several honest companies now in the kit car business. There has been some other recent discussions on this same topic if you would want to "Search CC."
Old 04-17-2003, 04:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley 351W Tremec 2004 Cobra SVT Convertible
Not Ranked     

I purchased a Shell Valley last June and have been very satisfied. They have always been there if a question needed to be answered or a part was needed. The person that will be painting my car was also very impressed with the body of the car. I would highly reccomend them.
HOG
Old 04-17-2003, 09:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I purchased a Shell Valley in November and I hate to say I have not done much with it. My friends and family say I have to many projects, what do they know? My early assesment of the car is it is an overall good kit and looks some what easy to build. The people at Shell Valley are nice and easy to deal with. Rich Lacey delivered the car and was a pleasure to deal with. Do not get me wrong though their are some flaws. I found one bubble so far in the glass. The body although better than most kits I have seen will need considerable work to make the doors fit properly and to straghten out the wheel opennings. The cowl hoop is made of round tubing and not the best crafted one in the industry. I got the standard hood scoop and it is flat on the top not rounded like the originals. Now that I have criticized every flaw I could find let me tell you how nice the rest of the car is. The frame and suspension are top notch and even though thye body is not perfect it is better than most I have seen. The drivers door does not fit propely on mine so I called the company and explained the problem and they sent me a new door hindge within a few days. They are a good company to deal with and you get a lot of car for the money.
Old 05-04-2003, 04:25 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 67 Shell Valley - Kevlar; 514:TKO
Send a message via AIM to Jahred
Not Ranked     
Default Great Service

Outstanding Service. Consistently resonsive. My only mistake was not letting them finish it!

Great Frame, Rock Solid. Nice Kevlar Option.