Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2003, 08:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #645, 406 FE
Not Ranked     

All,

I talked to Team III, yesterday (2 Apr) to order my wheels early and they informed me that they don't polish the wheel centers (not the knock-offs) anymore. They suggested that I have someone else do the polishing.

Is this a wise choice? I really like the entire polished-wheel look.

How much does a typical "polisher" charge per wheel??

Does anyone know a good wheel polishing company in the Virginia Beach Area?

All help is highly appreciated,
Mike D.
Old 04-03-2003, 06:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast 460, Performer Cam & Intake, Edelbrock 750cfm Carb
Not Ranked     

Tnx C Man for the info.

The really interesting thing is that my wheels look pretty good without the spinners. ergo how much greater they will look with them.

For Scott - Not trying to get ur dander up. Just want the straight scoop.
Old 04-04-2003, 05:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Location: Winnsboro, Texas-outside /south of town, two hours from dallas,
Not Ranked     

Wizard, What is used on these Team 3 wheels if spinners are not ordered? Mine arrived with nothing other than lug nuts and wheels. Having ordered spinners I never gave it much thought. On one of my previous Cobra's which had Compomotive wheels, Finish Line center caps were utilized prior to the spinner arrival.
Old 04-04-2003, 06:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast 460, Performer Cam & Intake, Edelbrock 750cfm Carb
Not Ranked     

C Man

Nothing actually. My front bearing covers are almost the same color so at first glance, you don't notice. The opening in the wheel is also deep so again you don't notice the end of the axle right away. Of course after a second or two it does become obvious.

So I continue to wait patiently. If something doesn't come up soon, I'll have to look for an alternative I guess. Will look up your email and send you a pic.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I still need a set of the 15 inch team 3 wheels. Let me know if either set is still for sale . Thanks Olaf
Old 04-04-2003, 07:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Default FOR SALE

I HAVE FOUR 8" x 15" TEAM III WHEELS WITH 4.5" BS FOR SALE. I HAVE FOUR MICHELIN PILOT XGT H4 235/60 R15 TIRES MOUNTED AND BALANCE ON THE RIMS. THEY FIT A FORD 8.8. NEW LUG NUTS AND SPINNERS. ABOUT 400 MILES ON THE SET UP. EMAIL ME FOR PICS DWIGHT algunruner@aol.com

SOLD

Last edited by Dwight; 04-16-2003 at 06:58 PM..
Old 04-07-2003, 06:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

C Man

Monday came and went and no spinners. I'm sad.
I am further East than U. Did Santa Claus come down ur chimney today??

The Wiz
Old 04-08-2003, 05:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wizard, No spinners! If they do not arrive today I will call Scott and get a tracking number. My wheels arrived in three days, however, from California there is generally a one day variance. I have so much faith that the spinners are on their way; the decision has been made to leave the wheels in their boxes! I recognize patience is a virtue but did not know it had to be etched in stone. Will advise as more emptiness occurs.
Old 04-08-2003, 01:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wizard, 12 weeks and 12 phone calls later my Team 3 order is now complete. The spinners, KO's if you will arrived today. They are unique appearing as close to an original KO as I have seen. Hope yours arrived today, if not tomorrow. Let me know.
Now for the Forum. This order was for 15" wheels which were to be shipped in 4 weeks. As mentioned earlier the whole process took 12. The order was accurate in all regards other than time. The quality is good. Sooo on orders with Team 3 verify a time line and follow up so your project will not be held up. I remain.
Old 04-08-2003, 06:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Good for you C Man

Still No KO's. Called Scot today. He said I was on the list for today's shipment. I WILL call him tomorrow to get the shipping number. Wheels took 6 days so I should see them Monday (Ya Think??) What I really don't understand is yrs was 12 weeks and mine has been 16 to this point. Sqeeky wheel syndrome maybe. I laid off the phone calls so as not to seem too impatient and I do understand production problems. I just don't like being told 3-4 weeks ago that they would ship then and then today they still hadn't left. Enjoy yours (Hint of envy).

I Will also support your forum statements, at least as far as the wheels go. Can't say anything about the KO's for obviuos reasons
Old 04-09-2003, 04:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wizard, I hope yours do ship today. Envy I don't know about that. Consider it running point. The way these are made will really look good on your car. 16 weeks is sad. Unfortunatley, in today's market constant follow up is a must. Even with that the results are marginal. The tracking number will bring peace. Let me know when yours arrive.
Old 04-09-2003, 12:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Talked to Scott. Got a tracking Number. Went immediately to UPS. Guess What?? No record. Why am I not surprized?
Also Checked my credit card. At least I haven't been charged yet. Ill check later this evening or in the morning and if not, Scott will get another call.
Old 04-09-2003, 06:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Checked tracking number an hour after last post. Simply a electronic request for billing. No pick up as yet. Checked a few minutes ago, same status. Yet I was told YESTERDAY the KO's would ship YESTERDAY. Now could somebody tell me what's going on here.

!! AS IF I DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW !!

C Man - Send me a pic. I've forgotten what I ordered.
Old 04-10-2003, 05:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wizard this has not reached bizare status for something that should be fairly simple. I bet that this is common and most either do not do the forum or don't want to admit the frustration. Probably the latter. On both the wheels and spinners shipment was on the day my credit card was charged. Once they arrive it all seems anti-climatic, however, the experience has been similar to good food and poor service at a nice restaurant. If they truly have not shipped let me know and I will send you a pic within short order not 16 weeks. Talk with you soon.
Old 04-10-2003, 06:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Muchas Gratias C Man for the Pic. I was only kidding of course about forgetting. The Pic - Simply gorgeous.
I agree 100%. Good food, bad service.

:3dsmile: Good news. Tracking shows a package picked up and enroute with a delivery date of Apr 16. :3dsmile: Perhaps we can put this one to bed. Thanks for all of ur support and I will stay in touch and let y'all know when Xmas reaches GA.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm soooooo embarrassed about the 3dsmile thing!
Old 04-11-2003, 03:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wizard, you are welcome for the pic. Experimenting with a new camera and software. I am glad you got it as it took forever to send. It is a journey with no destination. Glad your KO's have shipped and you can put them on that hot rod! Correspond with you soon. I am mounting wheels and KO's this morning.
Old 04-16-2003, 06:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This thread has been quiet while we waited for Xmas in GA. Glad to say the KO's arrived today. Was a little disappointed that one of the KO's has some casting flaws. The pits are very near the center cap but I think I can polish them out and the depressions won't be real noticable. I could ship it back but God only knows when I might get a replacement. This is a good case of buyer beware. Tnx again for all of the support during this endless wait.

I'd like to add a pic but haven't quite figured out how to do that.
Old 04-17-2003, 06:29 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ordered my Team III wheels from Shell Valley, figured a larger user of their product would get higher priority than an individual. Had both wheels and KO's in 8 weeks everything looks great.

Jim
Old 04-18-2003, 03:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wizard, bummer on the Ko flaw. I looked at the pic you sent, not too bad. The only person that knows about it will be you. Don't spin all the rubber off those tires.
Jim, I am sure that the larger agents do get priority treatment! If the sales price is the same and the wheels you ordered are 15" then it just took twice as long as the advertised 4 weeks.
The bottom line is the web site order form states 4 weeks. Get it off the bloody form if it is not true.