Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2003, 08:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 575 with Shelby Aluminum 427 Stroked to 468
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks to Mark Dove of Superformance Dynamic

Last night I realized that I had inadvertently lost the cutoff switch key to my Superformance and was in a terrible bind given that I had to drive the car to the next state the following day. My desperation led me to call Mark Dove. It was after 6pm on the east coast and thought I might find the guys over on central time still available. I had worked with Mark Dove at Dynamic Motorsports and experienced tremendous success purchasing custom fabricated parts from him. I didn’t purchase my Superformance from Dynamic but it was apparent that I was a member of the Superformance family when I called him after hours (Ohio is on Eastern Time duh!!) and he traveled some distance to overnight me a set of switch keys. His dedication to customer satisfaction and professionalism is overwhelming. Belonging to the Superformance family of owners is not just a marketing pitch, Mark proves it everyday and I sincerely thank him for his help.

Frank
SPF 1118
Old 10-30-2003, 08:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427FE (sold & missed)
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Superformance

Frank ~ just one more reason why anyone in the market for a cobra or any other Superformance product should buy a Superformance!!!! Mark has also bent over backwards for me in the past. It goes to show that he is a very dedicated individual and is always there to help us SPF owners when we are in a bind.

Brian
Old 10-30-2003, 09:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #623 460/4x2
Not Ranked     

623 was on a lift having clutch surgury earlier this year, and we decided to convert the hydraulic throwout to an external unit. I scrambled around and called Mark. He overnighted all parts, he knew exactly what we needed (about 12 different parts along with written diagrams and he emailed pics to the garage the next day. The car was off the lift and running by the end of the next day. Excellent! I wish my stealership worked like that.
Old 10-30-2003, 02:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Cobra SC, 514CID
Not Ranked     

There was an earlier CC thread regarding why did you buy your particular Cobra? My #1 reason for being a SPF fan was the people. #2 was service. Truth is, Mark Dove is 99% of what I know about SPF Service.

I bought my SPF as a hobby car and as such would prefer to tinker with it and figure things out on my own, but as with most things, dead ends are occasionally inevitable. This is where #1, fellow owners, kick in. No mater what the dilemma, someone else has surly run across the same situation and is more than anxious to help out. But alas… other owners also find the end of the road. This is where #2, Service, aka Mark Dove kicks in. Unreal, you have a SPF problem or just a question and Mark has the answer. And, if you need parts? I live outside of Detroit, 250 miles from Dynamic. If I call Mark before about 10:00am, he’ll have parts at my front door the next day. It’s amazing, you go away laughing because if you hadn’t been so stubborn, you could have saved yourself a lot of time if you just called Mark in the first place… But then, what would be the fun in that?? LOL….

Yep… I second the other posts…..Mark Dove gets +++ marks!!!

BTW Dynamic is the dealer I know because it’s where I bought my car, but I hear the same stories over and over from fellow SPF’ers who deal with the other SPF dealers… Could it be Mr. J.P. is putting something in there water????

Craig
Old 10-30-2003, 02:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mark is the standard of comparision for automotive service. If everyone in the automobile service business was like him, we would not have the problems that people associate with the automotive service business.
Old 10-30-2003, 04:20 PM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Wink

I've had the pleasure of dealing with Mark Dove over the past 4 years, two SPF's and a multitude of questions. He's always been polite, professional and courteous even when problems have arisen while out cruising and stopping in without a scheduled appointment for a quick fix. I've been a strong proponent of Dynamic Motorsports and Superformance for several reasons over the years and once again "the service after the sale" is proving to be one of their strongest selling points.

"In debates on ethically contentious issues, it is never wise nor polite to deride or belittle another person's delusion."
Old 10-30-2003, 06:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Ferrari Blue, 460+030
Send a message via Yahoo to Eddy K
Not Ranked     

When I was installing the engine in my car I found that I had two right side headers. Since I was in a hurry to get my engine in the car I didn't want to wait for UPS and have to package up the other header and send it back.
I called Mark and asked if he would meet me at Kentucky Speedway and exchange the headers with me. He said he would be happy to do that since that was their mistake.
I met Mark at the Speedway, picked up the header, stood around for awhile to talk Cobras and then we both went on our way.
I would say he is a very good person to do business with. Not many dealers like that.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF, 351W, Wilwoods, 17" PS Eng w/Michelin Pilot Sports, Race Bilsteins
Not Ranked     

I've never had any dealings with Dynamic, but, I bought my Superformance replica almost 4 years ago from the Olthoff's in NC and I have received great service. Bob Olthoff and his son Dennis are very knowledgeable and provide excellent service and immediate feedback on questions. Since Bob raced these cars in their heyday, I respect his abilities on how to improve handling. Like a few of the other major replica companies, the Olthoff's have turned the buying experience into a family affair.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

i have used both Dynamic and the Olthoff's. Mark Dove has given me tremendous service, quick phone answer to questions, parts overnighted when ordered early in the day for next day delivery. Several times I got a cross reference number and went to my local auto supply store and got the parts on the spot. Most of the parts were preventive maintenance items, cuz the darned car just takes a licking and keeps on ticking. The parts that broke did so because of me, amazing car quality. Same great service with the Olthoff's when I ordered some after market 'add on' goodies from them. Dealer service after the fact bar none ! It doesn't get any better than this. And, they don't care if you bought the car new or used, it is the same attention to detail and courtesy from Mark with a new or used car as if you had just taken delivery the hour before. Thank you SPF dealers. Bill. SPF156
Old 10-31-2003, 07:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2715
Not Ranked     
Talking Me too!

Mark Dove has done a GREAT job for me and 992, and 1380!

Now If I could get him to stop calling me "sir"!!!!

PS Mark, see you in December!

Last edited by Great Asp; 07-13-2014 at 10:34 AM..
Old 10-16-2004, 06:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, Pond Aluminum 482FE
Not Ranked     

I called Dynamic the other day and asked for Mark and they said he no longer works there...anyone know the story???

Joe
Old 10-16-2004, 08:08 PM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Wink

Mark is on a mid life sabbatical. His attention to customer service and willingness to assist owners will be sorely missed.

"In debates on ethically contentious issues, it is never wise nor polite to deride or belittle another person's delusion."
Old 10-16-2004, 08:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Cobra SC, 514CID
Not Ranked     

I know little about the status of Mark Dove or what takes him away from Dynamic Motorsports…

HOWEVER!!! I do know Mark is sorely missed….. Nobody I know knows more about the SPF than Mark. I wish him the best wherever he is and hope that he will some day be back with the Cobra community that so appreciates his expertise and friendship.

Craig
Old 10-18-2004, 03:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

All they would tell me is that he had "moved on". His replacement is some guy who has worked there for a while in different capacities. Hopefully, he'll do a good job...will be hard to fill Mark's shoes IMO.

Joe
Old 10-20-2004, 09:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

10/20/04 Update: So I call Snakebite Parts and guess who answers today...Mark! He's back!

Joe