Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2002, 09:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast. 514 / 6 speed Richmond overdrive
Not Ranked     
Angry West Coast Cobra

Well, it's been 14 months since I first dished out money to Vern Redel of West Coast cobras, and I kept paying, and paying, and sending in pre-paid parts. More than I really wanna say. I have the final payment waiting for delivery day. All I have so far is pictures, excuses, and promises.

My cobra was promised for delivery by xmas 2002..by Vern Redel himself. Now he won't return my calls (for the last WEEK!) and I am becoming quite concerned. Anyone have any ideas?
James Madison, father of the Constitution, said, "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." He also said, "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.standdown.net/index.htm
Old 12-19-2002, 10:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 454 S.O.
Not Ranked     

Road trip!

“If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower.”

Mark Donahue
Old 12-19-2002, 10:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool

Could see this one coming from a mile off - still not a very nice Xmas present - its just simply terrible when one is ignored, eh...

Never could understand why someone would name a company West Coast anything and do business from Ontario, Canada.

Your situation is compelling enough to call Dubya and convince him to invade Canada with you leading the charge sword in hand...
Old 12-19-2002, 10:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Learn something everyday. I thought they were in California.

“If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower.”

Mark Donahue
Old 12-19-2002, 10:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question A road trip to find what at the end?

I am not even sure anyone is at that location in Sterling Heights, MI, from what I have been told by unnamed sources. I might get there to discover a locked garage and no access. From what I understand Vern does most of his work in Canada. (have learned this only recently)

Last I heard only the hardtop painting, final install, softtop fitting, and some upholstery was left. Now no return phone calls for a week.
James Madison, father of the Constitution, said, "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." He also said, "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 12-19-2002, 10:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

Maybe he is taking time off for Christmas? I too thought they were entirely in CA.

The picture in your gallery are your car yes? Shouldn't be too much problem to get it either way and have someone else finish it.
Old 12-19-2002, 10:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Flipper..

Vern Redel, over one week ago, promised me the finished car by the 23rd of December at the latest...now no return calls for one week. I did speak to his wife monday, so I know he got the messages.

Even if he's dead, you would think they could have called and told me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 12-19-2002, 10:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

BnB

E-mail me, I have some info. that doesn't need to be put on the forum.

Mark Donahue
Old 12-19-2002, 10:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Red face The Great White North has great beer and cheddar cheese...

In a word CheeseHeads...

hehe...
Old 12-19-2002, 11:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What's up eh?

Mark Donahue
Old 12-19-2002, 11:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Jeff, you have mail

Thanks in advance for any help.

Steven
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 12-19-2002, 11:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool

FTF, eh...
Old 12-19-2002, 02:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

B in B,
I don't think the folks at West Coast understand how much PR you have given them here at Club Cobra. The world has been watching your car being built through you. I hope they take care of you. There are a handfull of companies who have used this forum to its abilites and have waiting lists for their products to prove it.

Best of Luck!
Old 12-19-2002, 02:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Unhappy HIQ

Exactly why I cannot fathom the current treatment...I paid my money right on time and supplied everything I was supposed to, and up until now have been most willing to be a spokeman for the West Coast cobra, as a happy owner.

Vern finally answered the phone just now, and we had a good talk...the new claimed delivery date is at the latest, January 15th. (2003 ) I will not wait any longer this time. Thanks for the support, guys.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 12-19-2002, 03:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

I hope he can make good on the new date. You certainly have taken a lot of heat from the purists and put a lot of effort in defense of your car.

Post a video of your car after you get it. I know you'll enjoy the beast when it arrives.
Old 12-19-2002, 03:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I used to fix them for a living
Not Ranked     

In defense of Vern,
Building a custom car is a lot of work. Many things need to be put on, taken off, modified, put on, taken off, then sent out to get plated. The parts that go into these cars are not all off the shelf components either, some have lead times of several months. Making a "delivery date" is an estimate, based on countless assumptions and experience in doing the work. I always gave conservative estimates to the customers, better they be pleasantly surprised with an early delivery date than upset with a late day of delivery. I delivered a car several weeks late because Ross pistons didn't get me my custom pistons on time, some of these things are out of the control of the builder. You are fourteen months into this build, being 4 more weeks late is a small setback, in percent. Or, as I liked to tell overly eager customers, "You have been waiting for this car your whole life, another two weeks won't hurt."
Old 12-19-2002, 05:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mr. Fixit -
Vern doen't need defending. This is his modus operandi.
Been there; done that.

Steven -
Review my e-mails to you. He's been all too predictable. Now that he says Jan. 15, I'm guessing end of March, maybe. Snow will be used in upcoming excuses (which, to a degree, will be true for a long trip from Amhurstberg, Ontario, Canada to Washington for the next few months, but he uses it in less obvious ways to explain delayed completion). Just wait him out. He's got you by the balls. Piss him off and you will be moaning this time next year. (The Sterling Heights address is only his mail drop - no 'garage', as such. It's a junkyard where Vern rents a shed for parts delivery. He picks up his mail at the front office. I've been there twice. I heard, somewhere, that he is not using it anymore. I could have my son check it out. He is only 10 minutes away).

Regards,
Old 12-19-2002, 07:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Unhappy NAJA..thanks much

If he could drop by and take a look, here is the address:

6785 - 16 Mile Road
Sterling Heights, MI 48312
(519) 736-7274

Don't dismiss the possibility of the Michigan State ATTY general becoming involved, as well as a lawsuit if needed, and there are even other alternatives. Don't forget that I am a webmaster with domain names in my possession, and I can get any page I want high up in the search engines....think about it!!
I have told Vern it's by Jan 15th or I want the car anyway, and someone else will finish it. I am not waiting..he agreed on the phone today.. Jan 15th or else.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Back in Black; 12-19-2002 at 07:36 PM..
Old 12-19-2002, 07:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JCF 427 - FE 427 SO
Send a message via ICQ to M & M
Not Ranked     
Talking Be-head!

BnB,

Did you tell him that you would come after him with that "Big-Ass" sword you have!

Mike
Old 12-20-2002, 07:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     
Default You didn't piss him off with constant phone calls did you?

Are we there yet, . . . Are we there yet, . . . Are we there yet

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
________
Closed Thread