1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 07-25-2004, 03:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Send a message via AIM to REDSC400
Not Ranked     
Default Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax

At the urging of a few friends, I tried the new Meguiars's NXT Generation Tech Wax.

This is a very very nice product. It comes in a plastic bottle with a flip up dispenser nozzle. The product needs to be shaken well before you use it and should not be applied to a hot surface or in the direct sun. It has a pleasant aroma.

It comes with an applicator. Application is very easy and you can probably wax a Cobra in about 1 hour or less. It even works very well on the rubber surfaces like the windshield gasket and grommets.

It dries to a dull haze and you can buff it off in about one hour after application. I used clean cotten towels to do the buffing. One was used to remove the wax and the second was used to final buff.

This product is alot like ZAINO #2 however, it does NOT create dust or powder and dries quicker. Much like ZAINO, it hides scratches and builds up coat after coat. This new product is really worth your attention.

You can find this product's description on www.meguiars.com.

(just click on the new products for 2004 splash)

There are a few companion products to this wax. They are a spray touch up wax (I have not tried this) and a protectant spray and (I have not tried that either). The product I am talking about is NOT a spray on product which is their touch up product.

The cost of the Tech Wax is about $15.00 at AutoZone.

Give it a try, I think you will like this product and this is coming from a guy who has used ZAINO #2 and #5 in a rather religious manner!

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker

Last edited by REDSC400; 07-25-2004 at 03:59 AM..
Old 08-06-2004, 10:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, Ford 460
Not Ranked     

Yup, tried the stuff and it's terrific! Had problems with Meguires detail wax because of static. This stuff works really well because as you said, does not generate dust! I'll be interested in what the car looks like after the second coat!

Kimba
Old 08-06-2004, 11:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I like NXT too, It does what it claims. Made my paint look much
deeper.
WB
Old 08-06-2004, 12:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Not Ranked     

I now have two thin coats of NXT on the car which is dark blue and pretty much all the minor swirls as viewed in reflected light are now pretty much gone.

This must work super on black cars as my color appears nearly black in low light conditions.

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker
Old 08-06-2004, 12:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Its red (or Blue) with a 427 and completely fictional.
Not Ranked     

My father uses the quick detailer on his 99 Mustang, Black, and it works really well.

9-11 Never Forget

Fear starts with FE
Old 08-06-2004, 02:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1374 with 392 RDI Stroker
Not Ranked     

OK Guys, I'm not a waxer, but this new NXT performs. Easy on, easy off with no static. I'm hooked!!
Threw the rest of my old wax away
Old 08-06-2004, 07:58 PM
Charter Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: My Shell Valley Coupe is here! Now the building begins....
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

On this threads recomendation I purchased some and tried it, just as these guys have said it works great and I love the no dust!

Scott S
Old 08-06-2004, 08:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #676, 428SCJ (2x4), TKOII
Not Ranked     

Not better than Zaino is it?

"There are 10 types of people out there....the ones that understand binary and the zeros that don't."
Old 12-07-2004, 07:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my FIA Cobra to MrMustang
Not Ranked     

Yup I used that stuff on the Cobra before the Seattle Hot Rod Show last year. Very nice, dries even in colder weather.

** Best part is it will not leave white stains on black rubber.**

Which is why I started to use it on my M3 too, all that rubber trim etc can get messed up if you get too much regular wax on it.

www.sportscarguyspeaks.com
Old 12-07-2004, 02:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by joea

Not better than Zaino is it?
Well Joe, I am a long time Zaino user for 3 years now. Still use it on my daily driver which is an SC400 Lexus (a V8 Supra).

Zaino is really durable and with sucessive coats of #2 and #5 is it great.

However, for a show car like our Cobras, where durability in all sorts of weather is usually not a requirement, then I do actually believe that NXT is better.

It is easier to put on, dries really fast, smells great, leave ZERO dust and does NOT attract dust in any way shape or form. And it virtually BLINGS out at you. Folks can see the difference.

Try it, you will be amazed. Also try it (in a test patch) on the rubber gasket in front of your windshield. It is remarkable.

Old 12-07-2004, 05:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

I've always been a fan of most of Meguiar's products. I used their #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax for years but it has become very hard to find lately (most companies carry their cheaper cleaner / waxes). I've tried several other products, some good some bad......including "Concours Glaze" by Zymol @ 150.00 for 8oz. container. None seemed to have the shine or the durability of the Meguiar's #26. Not even the 150.00 Zymol (I guess I should have stepped up to their $444.00 / 8oz wax called "Destiny Estate Glaze"! .....Come's in a solid Cherry box. -whoopee.)
Nice to hear they are making a good Wax again. Can't wait to try it out!

BTW: Meguiar's "dusting" spray called Final Inspection is also a terrific product. Use it before putting your car cover back on. Griot's makes one called Speed Shine that is very good as well...... but the Meguiar's is cheaper (suprise!).
Old 12-07-2004, 07:14 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

I tried NXT on my personal car and the Cobra. At first I was sold on the easy on/easy off application, but I have found that the durability S***S. I probably won't even finish what I have left, because I put two coats on a BRAND NEW CAR ('04) and it didn't last that long at all. And this is in tame So Cal.

I was not impressed on the Cobra either. As far as the Cobra, I then jumped to Pinnacle Sovereign paste wax (from Florida). GREAT stuff - easy on/off and a deep, deep shine. BUT....as soon as I finish that $75 8oz can I'm calling Sal Zaino and going back to what has proven to me, over time, to provide the best dust resistance, durability and SHINE over any other material I've ever used.....ZAINO Z5 and Z2 with Z6 sprayed in between each coat.

Zaino is more a pain in the a** to get started on, but once you build up the coats, the regular maintenance is NO DIFFERENT than the rest.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

-Deano
Old 12-08-2004, 04:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #676, 428SCJ (2x4), TKOII
Not Ranked     

I tried it on my wife's car. Applies easily. Not sure about durability. Still does not compare to Zaino...not even close in my opinion.

"There are 10 types of people out there....the ones that understand binary and the zeros that don't."
Old 12-08-2004, 05:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Deano:
What do you mean when you say that "Zaino is more a pain in the a** to get started on....." ? DO they suggest stripping all other waxes / products off your car's finish before applying their product? I went through that while trying Griot's "Bets of Show Wax". They said their product wouldn't bond to other waxes / polishes that contained silicone so it had to be stripped off by using their "Paint Prep". I went through that entire procedure (stripping / cleaning then polishing w/ Griot's polish, then waxing with Griot's wax, etc...) and didn't care much for the results when all was said and done.
BTW: DO NOT use Griot's "Machine Polish #1" on your clear coat finish!!!! I don't care WHAT they say....it will scratch the $hit out of your paint. ....Luckily I used it on the wife's car (in a small area)before going to the Cobra. It took me weeks of going over it with a finer polish to get the scratches out.

Last edited by TerrysSPF; 12-08-2004 at 05:50 AM..
Old 12-08-2004, 06:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Alum bodied CSX4266, fuel injected alloy 472, 663 hp Engine built by Dralle. Suspension by Tom Barnard
Not Ranked     

I used Zaino products for years on my cars. No doubt that it's a great wax and polish. I was introduced to the Meguiars line a year or two ago and I really like their products. I find the no dust issue a positive with a dark colored car.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:22 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U.C.C. with a 427FE, toploader
Not Ranked     
Default Zaino?

All you Zaino fans might want to take a look at this http://www.deckowski.com/wax%20off/durability.htm
Mike
Old 12-09-2004, 08:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Now THERE'S a dude with WAAAY too much time on his hands....
Old 12-23-2004, 03:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool NXT

As suggested by this forum, we purchased the NXT, and am pleasently supprized as to the ease of application and polishing. We especially like the no dust attraction results. We have been using Zainos for the past year, but think we will stick with the Mequiar's NXT.

Jerry2
Old 12-23-2004, 03:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Does anyone know if the NXT comes in a paste? All I've found so far is the liquid. I'd like to get some and try it on the wifes Bimmer. It's black with the black trim / molding that HATES wax, but I hear this NXT doesn't effect it with residue as other waxes do. We'll see......
Old 12-24-2004, 10:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No, sorry but I have not seen a paste or tub version of NXT. Just the wax in a plastic bottle (squeeze) and the NXT in between coat spray touch up. For trim work that is black try the STONER trim shine product OR the Zaino tire gloss. Both will bring back black trim.
Happy Holidays!