Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Consumer Watch (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/consumer-watch/)
-   -   Avoid Holliday Motorsports (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/consumer-watch/67766-avoid-holliday-motorsports.html)

Rich Lihou 03-07-2006 05:44 PM

Avoid Holliday Motorsports

Be advised Holliday Motor Sports (Daryl Holliday) of Huntsville, Texas should be avoided at all costs. I purchased a Cobra Replica from them with delivery promised in 6-7 months. To date some 29 months later I have received nothing and the car has been paid in full. Countless delivery dates have passed and no vehicle delivered. Promised completion dates, four to be exact, through Holliday's attorney have passed as well. Most recently was informed he would deliver the vehicle when he feels like it and I am not welcome on his property. Obviously I will take necessary legal steps to remove the vehicle.
Please caution all members and potential buyers accordingly.

Rich Lihou

tpiini 03-07-2006 06:12 PM

Twentynine Months?????

elgecko 03-07-2006 06:28 PM

Rich, Are you sure you're not dealing with Shelby in Las Vegas? :):):LOL:
Holliday is probably using your $$$$$$$'s to complete other promised cars and so on and so forth. Once they get behind, you end up with a long wait:(:.
Just not fair. Hope you have receipts. Go kick some ass.
Dave

Rich Lihou 03-07-2006 06:51 PM

Thank for the response. Myself and another guy in the same boat with Holliday. Ass kicking in progress. Certainly takes the fun out of the project. Told my attorney is like finally getting a date with Heather Locklear after two years and she shows up at the door and has VD. Take care

turnpike boy 03-07-2006 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Lihou
....is like finally getting a date with Heather Locklear after two years and she shows up at the door and has VD.

:eek: :confused:

:confused: And that would stop you???? ;)

Tony Radford 03-07-2006 08:07 PM

Heather Locklear is my dream babe. She is super hot. What were we talking about?

ATexasSnake 06-15-2007 11:10 AM

:mad: I am still amassing evidence of Daryl Hollidays incompetence re: the car he was supposed to have built for me, (It was never finished), and what was done was; well, stay tuned for more info!!!

Michael P. Wole 06-16-2007 05:54 AM

The dieing and toy thing.....he still dies

Woodz428 06-16-2007 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael P. Wole
The dieing and toy thing.....he still dies

and someone else gets his toys

4RE KLR 09-15-2007 02:23 PM

Didn't we go through this already once with him????

ATexasSnake 09-18-2007 06:00 AM

Well, Daryl always said he wanted to be famous and well known in the "Cobra replica" community, so just trying to help out.;)

sigx97 11-26-2007 01:04 PM

so did you ever get anything back?

aks801 11-26-2007 02:05 PM

Huntsville, TX huh? Any coincidence that is where the state prison is located? I'd double check the address... :CRY:

Seagull81 11-26-2007 06:20 PM

Is Holliday using any certain brand of Cobra? Maybe you should contact the company or companies and ask them not to sell to him any more. I would think any reputable company would not want their product represented by a person like that.
Steve

cobradude 11-28-2007 03:15 PM

I live in Huntsville,TX just right down the road from Holliday Motorsports. He makes his own frames, bodies etc. If you've ever had an opportunity to visit his shop you would not be too impressed. Particularly once you've compared it to other Cobra builders. I'm not sure how he manages to "stay" in business as he does not openly advertise nor does he maintain any type of store front. All I can say without being to offensive is he's different. Probably best to stay away.

AK1234 11-28-2007 05:15 PM

I dont mean to be critical ... but who in their right mind pays for car in ful before ever seening it first. Why I say this is I;m in the HVAC business and we dont get a cent until after we are 30 days into a project and only paid for the labor and materials used LESS 10% .... I would rather by a completed car and there are many and see the product ... I dont know ..between this guy and Unique I dont know who is worse ..not delivering cars after taking paid in full. I;m in the worng business.

Ron

CHANMADD 11-28-2007 06:56 PM

I have built many Cobra's for guys and it has never taken more than 6 months including paintshop and custom header fab.Some people are born crooked!

ATexasSnake 01-19-2008 03:26 PM

"Different?" That's just the tip of the iceberg when dealing with Ol' Daryl. I just got an email from Rich Lihou, the gentleman who started this thread. He finally sold his Holliday "hancrafted machine", (per Holliday's attorney), was only able to get $15,000 for it. This is the same car that Holliday advertizes on his website and in several kit car magazines for $38-42,000. Obviously, somethig is very wrong with this picture!!:mad:

sigx97 01-19-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHANMADD (Post 801443)
Some people are born crooked!

What is it about Texas and crooked Cobra builders?

Excaliber 01-19-2008 07:58 PM

...they moved to Texas from Florida?