Have setup the following website to warn potential buyers of Cobra replicas

http://www.avoiddarylhollidaysmotorsports.com/
Old 03-30-2006, 05:42 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Rich,

Wow that sounds like a horror story! While I respect your desire to expose incompetent builders for everyone else to avoid, just make sure (through your own legal counsel) that you are not committing slander by not giving the vendor an appropriate opportunity to attempt satisfactory repairs. Regardless of whether you feel uncomfortable having them touch the car ever again (I can't blame you), the laws in your particular state may favor the vendor more than the consumer.

Good luck with the repairs and getting your Cobra the way it was meant to be.

-Dean
Old 03-30-2006, 06:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Dean,

Thank you very much for you note. My consul is fully aware of the website and I have his blessing to go forward. Everything within the site is in the public domain. As noted the builders son offered to make repairs and I thanked him but no thanks. I have witnessed repairs to other cars he has built take 6-7 months.

Appreciate you looking out for my best interests.

Rich Lihou
Old 03-30-2006, 06:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Dean,

Another gentleman who posts on this site is having the same problem with Holliday. He signed on a few days after I did in Oct. '03 and has a few more months to go. I blame myself for getting involved with the guy. His references were good enough but I had doubts and went forward. If I had done the background checks available today on the net and learned what I know now, I would not have proceeded. Fortunately I have a good custom car shop in Hondo, Tx. via my homebuilder. The guy has won several best in show awards and currently races a Viper. He will make the repairs and do a complete inspection within the next couple weeks. My builder has asked that he do all the work personally, that is why we have a couple week delay.

Rich
Old 10-10-2006, 04:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing Cobra
Send a message via Yahoo to SACoupe
Not Ranked     

Sheesh........... this looks like something Archie or Ross Sinclair formerly of Performance cars would pass of as a pro paintjob..........
Old 10-10-2006, 06:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 408w 500 h.p. 550 ft.lbs
Not Ranked     

Wow,
I can't believe that someone builds a worse or more unsafe car than my builder does.
Sounds like my car times two. Had very similar problems when mine was "Finished" & took delivery.
Everything from the steering column brackets inclusive to the steering rack & tie rod ends were LOOSE!!! This on a vehicle that was delivered with a SAFTEY CERTIFICATE verifying it had been inspected & approved by a licensed mechanic (builders signature on certificate). I won't even mention the loose fuel line or all the shifter linkage bushings missing etc. etc. etc. etc.
Darn!! I said I wouldn't mention that.
I could go on forever but will not as I have decided to get on with it & fix/finish all unsatisfactory workmanship ( being somewhat generous using that term in this particular case) myself. At least that way I will not be endagering my grand childrens lives when they go for a ride with Poppa.

Craig
Old 10-16-2006, 09:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Holliday Cobra, 351 Windsor, Tremec 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Angry

Sigh
Today is an anniversary of sorts. Exactly 3 years ago today I signed a contract with Dary Holliday Motorsports, in Huntsville, TX to build a Cobra replica. (I am the "other gentleman" refered to in Rich Lihou's comments).
The car was promised "in 8 months to a year". Now, three years later, promised delivery dates have come and gone, I have retained an attorney to sue for breach of contract, and still do not have a firm completion date. If and when I do take delivery, it will be with some reservation. Rich Lihou's car was rife with problems, including "metal shavings and grit in the oil" which necessitated a complete engine rebuild. This is from a man who professes to be a "Cobra expert". I tell people that I have made two major mistakes in my life; one was getting involved with my ex-wife and the other was getting involved with Daryl Holliday Motorsports. This situation could not be more ridiculous. I don't want the hassle of a lawsuit, I want the car I paid for three years ago, but the ball is now in Mr. Holliday's court. (No pun intended).

Here's wishin' you blue skys and green lights!

Last edited by ATexasSnake; 11-03-2006 at 02:16 PM..
Old 05-09-2007, 09:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

Any updates? His website shows a large hood scoop pictued with a stage III .
I visited him in 95 and he had a red car with that scoop and some enormous rear wheel flares. I E-mailed him last week through his website and no responce. I'd like to get one of those scoops molded.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Michael,
I don't know how to contact Daryl Holliday, nor do I want to. I do know I will never do business with him again.
Regards,
Larry Q.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR , 5.0 Kenne Belle SuperCharged
Not Ranked     

http://houston.craigslist.org/car/709051633.html

He is advertising on Houston's Craiglist. You can flag his posts for elimination to get rid of his ads so other people wont get shafted
Old 06-08-2008, 06:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Angry

gt500bill,
It is very discouraging to see that Daryl Holliday has not gone away. The fact that he produces a vastly inferior product has been well documented, not just on this web site, but elsewhere. This man has absolutley no conscience or shame. When I brought this to the attention of Craigslist, their reply was "This sounds like a problem for local law enforcement". It is my understanding that Craigslist will take action only after a large number of "flags" to their web site. Club Cobra members have the ability to do this and force this pariah to advertise elsewhere, if at all!

Old 06-08-2008, 11:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR , 5.0 Kenne Belle SuperCharged
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATexasSnake View Post
gt500bill,
It is very discouraging to see that Daryl Holliday has not gone away. The fact that he produces a vastly inferior product has been well documented, not just on this web site, but elsewhere. This man has absolutley no conscience or shame. When I brought this to the attention of Craigslist, their reply was "This sounds like a problem for local law enforcement". It is my understanding that Craigslist will take action only after a large number of "flags" to their web site. Club Cobra members have the ability to do this and force this pariah to advertise elsewhere, if at all!
Sorry to hear you had to take such a loss on your car. The only way to protect people is to get the information out there. Did you sell your enclosed trailer also?
Old 06-08-2008, 11:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yup, sold the trailer as well. Really didn't have a use for it and it had never been used. No sense letting it sit around and depreciate. I may get the Cobra urge again someday, but for now I'm "on the beach".

Old 06-09-2008, 12:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch build, with help
Not Ranked     

vote here

http://www.kitcarslinks.com/index.ph...aycat&catid=12
Old 06-10-2008, 04:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't have one thanks to Carlton Wayne Bridges aka Grumpy!
Send a message via AIM to sigx97
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice Butler View Post
Where is the link to vote for COBRA351 Carlton Bridges ???
hahahaha
Old 07-10-2008, 11:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Exclamation A word of caution against "SLANDER"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-N-Air View Post
Well it appears to be true "God does work in mysterious ways". On a recent visit to a friends Automotive repair shop I saw a replica of a Shelby Cobra in his drive. After inquiring about it he said it was for sale and if he didn't have so many irons in the fire he would buy it himself. (It was infact a great deal) The car in reference is Mr Lihou's Holliday Motorsports Cobra. The car wasn't running and would not crank, and after installing a new MSD 6A box and pick up coil in the distributor she fired right up. I contacted Mr. Daryl Holliday in regards to gathering info on the car, ie.. engine build, body and frame and the man was and has been arwesome and expidious in getting me info. The next day after bringing the car home Daryl had his son Daryl Jr. contact me about picking the car up and fixing any and all the problems that were connected to the car and was somewhat insistant in a professional way, I told Mr. Holliday that I owned the car now and he certainly didn't owe me a thing, his response was "that even though my name was on the title that his was on the car and would like to make his portion of the car right" and assured me that he would see that I was a happy camper and it wouldn't cost me a thing. So with that I gave them the car. His son Daryl Jr. is an awesome young man with a head for cars, he took the car and made all the repairs, replaced the water pump, added another coolant fan system, replaced a couple gaskets that were resulting in a couple minor oil leaks, extended the brake and gas pedals forward to give my long legs some manuvering room (which by the way I didn't expect at all, I simply mentioned that would be something for me to consider at some point), rejeted the carb and dialed it in perfectly, interior minor repairs made, and returned a "STREET SCREEMING MACHINE". The car runs like a dream and handles like it's driveing on a rail. The construction is by far of excellent quality, I have had the chief mechanic next to Alamo Performance in San Antonio look at and drive this car (he also made some adjustments) and he said he's probably driven at least 100 Cobras both original and replicas and this one is by far the best he'd driven and was impressed with Mr. Holliday's frame design. The engine is set back a few inches and aligned with the Jag final drive which is one reason it handles so darn well and with better weight distribution. One thing that people with hot rods of any kind should not forget is that there not Caddys and do require attention. I have read a few messages written in this forum in regards to Mr. Holliday and Holliday Motorsports (most of which are a year or so old) and I'm not running to the man's defense nor was I there when a couple buyers had there "problems", but for what ever it is worth my relationship has been nothing but positive. Can't everything be on a bad note after all Mr. Holliday raised his children and put them through school building Cobra's and restoring them for folks like us. By the way I happen to know that he is restoreing an original right now worth over $300K, so obviously he's doing something right. I don't know I could be crazy but when I do the math and you haved figured over 30 years of building and restoring these cars and to have only a couple people unhappy I guess ain't to bad. The funny thing thats makes me smirk a little is that if every builder of every car was 100% perfect we would be living in a perfect world... Not Happening!! LOL... Oh well My thanks to Mr. Lihou for the car, Both Mr. Hollidays for making it right, and God for sending them all my way... By the way my business is buying and selling, in which most of my efforts are directed to aircraft and aero-space related business. I treat all purchases from a business standpoint and with $30,000 and a crowbar to pry the Cobra keys from my hands takes it.. Take Care and give thanks for the miles we can drive and the sky we fly..

I happen to be the web designer for Holliday Motorsports. I am a former U.S. Army Ranger (I mention it only to convey that I consider myself to be a very ethical and honest individual) and I for one have direct knowledge that Mr. Holliday has been building AC Cobra replicars for over 25 years.

After reviewing the slander laws in the state of Texas I should caution those of you who seem to have taken a sort of comical attitude or mindset that you can arbitrarily and intentionally slander Holliday Motorsports with false, misleading or "incomplete" information concerning a business transaction that did not meet with your expectations.

The new owner of the this particular Holliday Cobra in question has been very happy with its performance and Holliday Motorsports support to resolve ANY mechanical issues that developed at no additional cost (as indicated in the quote I provided above taken from this website). This certainly demonstrates Holliday Motorsports commitment to supporting their product and providing an acceptable level of customer service. Amazingly this has been downplayed, ignored and certainly discounted from key members on this board.

Therefore I must warn you that to continue to attempt to disrupt, criticize with incomplete or misleading information with the intent of damaging his business reputation, in addition to intentionally preventing Holliday Motorsports from legally advertising on craigslist or any other venue. And encourage your members to support those efforts (regardless of what you claim your lawyers have told you) constitutes slander and I warn you that if this continues I will in fact encourage that Mr. Holliday seek legal counsel against this board and the members who are directly responsible.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/newr...reply&p=818577

http://www.lawyers.com/Libel,-Slande...law-firms.html
Old 07-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Three posts here and now he's gonna sue everyone! If that doesn't work, maybe he'll beat everybody up?
Get a life, Mac. Word-of-mouth will make or break any buisiness, and you ain't gonna stop people from expressing their opinions here or anywhere else.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:17 PM
California Dreamin Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via ICQ to vanoochka Send a message via Yahoo to vanoochka Send a message via Skype™ to vanoochka
Not Ranked     

Whoa! He has actually put in the considerable time and effort needed to do an internet search for a slander attorney AND post the results - HE MUST BE SERIOUS. (Sadly, he hasn't taken the time to learn the difference between "SLANDER" and the more appropriate "LIBEL".)

To add my word of caution, I will force anyone who continues to post to this thread to take 12 months of ballroom dancing lessons. If you think I'm kidding around, you better check out the below link first.

http://www.accessdance.com/dance_les...te/TX/HOUSTON/

Make no mistake, I have the resources and the will to find an instructor in your hometown...
Old 07-11-2008, 08:55 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGSY00 View Post

After reviewing the slander laws in the state of Texas I should caution those of you who seem to have taken a sort of comical attitude or mindset that you can arbitrarily and intentionally slander Holliday Motorsports with false, misleading or "incomplete" information concerning a business transaction that did not meet with your expectations.

http://www.lawyers.com/Libel,-Slande...law-firms.html

The truth is a 100% defense against a slander/libel suit.