MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
View Poll Results: strret beast kits> good or bad?
are you happy with your kit? 4 100.00%
hows there support? 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2006, 05:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default street beasts kits

anyone who wants to buy a street beasts car is otta there mind..they are the worst company i have ever delt with..i am still missing parts after 7 mos.
if you want to see dumb in action.......deal with them...they send wrong parts and your lucky to get anything in 2 mos. from time of phone call...i was missing so manythings when my kit got here i couldnt believe it..they are a nightmare.........they were also sued for 3 mil i understand not too long ago. i had to make aleast 40 phone calls to straighen out most my mess they created....i think there on there 7th new name for the company to try to hide all there wrong doings:
Old 07-18-2006, 01:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Street Beasts

Well sounds like you were dealing with the old CMC corporation. My dealing with Street Beasts was fine however their tech department and their instruction manual was an all new low.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf 1837 408w 93mm turbo
Send a message via AIM to mike knight Send a message via Yahoo to mike knight
Not Ranked     

my experience is identical to 40k's. i ordered the kit complete and would only pay if it was complete. i used my credit card for the protection and assured street beasts that i would refuse delivery if any components were on back order. i was not fully aware of streetbeasts alleged dark past as my terms for payment would have been the same with any company, no parts back ordered and shipping complete or no deal. and i can only stress that the kit is for the mechanically inclined not a model builder. you should have some basic fab skills, welding, glass work, and tools capable of handling commercial type work. good drills, drillpress, air tools are helpful. know what upgrades would be beneficial such as grade 8 fasteners in lieu of mild steel, insulation between the body and the frame, engine bay linings etc. if you lack some or all of the skills and knowledge then stay close to your local club members and this web site. above all when you jump in have fun and don't put any unrealistic time lines or budgets in your way. it will probably take you longer to do somethings than you planned and i know it will cost a little more than you hoped.
71 torino cobra 429 scj
66 ford galaxie 7 liter
68 buick wildcat 430
Old 09-22-2006, 07:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pilgrim Sumo
Not Ranked     

[quote= it will probably take you longer to do somethings than you planned and i know it will cost a little more than you hoped.[/QUOTE]

amen to that

Frank
Old 09-22-2006, 11:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Streetbeast Suckers,

First off, I have joined this exclusive group. The contract states, "Shipment of Replica Assembly shall be made within 6-8 weeks from the date full payment has been credited to Streetbeasts. In all events the consumer is placed on notice that vendor purchases material, components and accessories are from outside suppliers. Vendor cannot warrant or otherwise guarantee that all parts will be furnished to consumer at the time of full payment. In the event that all essential components and/or materials are not accessible to vendor at the time of receipt of full payment, vendor represents that all essential components necessary for assembley shall be furnished within ninety days of full payment or consumer shall be entitled to a full refund at its election."

Unfortunately, it has been 5 months, and I have not received my replica kit. I've tried to request my refund based on the contract and was told flat "NO". It is my own stupid fault for paying with cash rather than a credit card. However, I hope to have my kit within two weeks. I hope everything is there and I can enjoy building my dream, but we'll see.

I THINK WE SHOULD HAVE A STREETBEAST SUPPORT GROUP OR SOMETHING!!!!

I know some people have not had that bad experiences but it seems the majority has.

As for 40K Later, he/she must have gotten some restibution because this is what he/she said in the past (his car is beautiful though):

The kit is strictly set up for a small block Ford with an automatic. If your planning on a 429-460 or even a 427 side oiler, good luck. No ground clearance, less than a pack of smokes! Very dangerous. A manual tranny will require some rework to the steering column support so the clutch pedal will clear. Also if you have wide feet, call them Monday and renig on your purchase because there is no way to shift as foot room is non existant with a clutch pedal in the mix. I have very narrow feet and cannot drive it with boots of any sort. Mostly bare footed all summer. Also under extreme excelleration, the frame hits the top of the rear differential. I can go for days on how poorly written the manual is and how much winging it you have to do, the EXTENSIVE fiberglassing required, the FINAL PREP SAND that I paid to have done yet spent an unbeleivable amount time with and an airboard. If you do research you will probably run across more than one thread on this website saying it is not the easiest kit out there and they are correct.
ALSO, A 535HP CRATE 460 FROM FORD AND A NOS CHEATER SYSTEM WITH 180HP JETS WITH AN ENOURMOUS ALUMINUM RACING RADIATOR WITH AN 18" SUPER BRUTE 2700 CFM ELECTRIC FAN WITH PURPLE ICE IN THE RADIATOR THE TEMPERATURE CLIMBS OUT OF THE STRATOSPHERE AT STOP LIGHTS. Car is very unusable after $42,000+
I finished mine last 4th of July

Tell me what you all think?
Old 09-23-2006, 03:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well, here's what I did.

I have an old CMC kit that was purchased by the original owner in 1995. I am currently installing a Griffin radiator and a Mark VIII fan. Although I'm only running a 5.0, I figure this should keep it cool. I also modified the front suspension extensively. I am using SN95 spindles, Mustang 2 lower control arms, and coilovers.

All I have to say is this: If the Streetbeast kit is ANYTHING like this last CMC kit, I feel sorry for all of you. This thing is a mess. Lousy instructions and a massive amount of patience and ability are required. I've built 15 different cars over time, and this one takes the cake.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Holliday Cobra, 351 Windsor, Tremec 5 speed
Not Ranked     

Hmmm. This is all very interesting. I opted for a Street Beast's kit over three years ago and sent them a $1500 deposit. Then I found this and several other Cobra replica websites and found a lot of negative information. I asked for my deposit back,(credit card thank God), and after several letters and phone calls they finally complied. Then, clever me, I found a local builder, Holliday Motorsports to build a car. Now three years later, I still haven't taken delivery of my car, (it has been paid in full for some time), and have my attorney involved. Just can't believe something so simple has to be so difficult! For more info on Holliday Motorsports, go to Rich Lihou's comments in this forum, (3/30/06). Oh, and good luck with Street Beast's!

Here's wishin' you blue skys and green lights!

Last edited by ATexasSnake; 09-23-2006 at 04:35 PM..
Old 09-23-2006, 06:53 PM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Send a message via AIM to EarlsflyinCobra
Not Ranked     

You can please some of the people all of the time and you can please all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

If anyone out there finds a Cobra company that is PERFECT 100% of the time please post the info here for all of us to see.

I have been working on my StreetBeast for 3 1/2 years and I can honestly say that it has been and UP and DOWN experience. There are a few people at SB that are very helpful but the majority are "CLUELESS"!
Old 10-08-2008, 04:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 592
Not Ranked     

KIRKHAM is close if not perfect
Old 10-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

ERA will solve any build problems. They are a pleasure to deal with and the ERA Cobra is a superior product. I feel badly for the buyers of any of these other inferior kits.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars, 430+ HP FE
Not Ranked     

In my opinion Unique Motorcars (Gadsden Alabama) is in the same league as Kirkham and ERA.

The kit was complete and delivered on time. In addition they did some work on the car I did not even pay for. Excellent tech support from one of the owners each time I called or emailed a question.

Stan
Old 10-08-2008, 05:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Cobra 5.0 EFI 5 speed Trans
Not Ranked     

There are some really good kits out.Butler cobra , FFR. ERA,Kirkham,and more . You guys have had the luck of running into some of the worst. Good luck, it sounds like you'll need it.Roger
Old 10-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

And the reason for resurecting this two year old post was???

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 10-08-2008, 09:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Cobra 5.0 EFI 5 speed Trans
Not Ranked     

A freind of mine has a Street Beast cobra that was factory built. It's a 390 with a auto trans. It's a really nice car. He loves it. He;s thinking about selling it so he car build another street Beast with all the little special things he likes. Like a four speed and a 428 FE. The car is one fine looking ride. I don't know anything about the supply thing but they can be build into a really nice car. Roger
Old 10-09-2008, 02:35 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got the Bug View Post
And the reason for resurecting this two year old post was???

Boredom

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 10-09-2008, 05:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A & C, 351W, Tremec 3550. Exiled Member: Club Cranky
Send a message via ICQ to Roscoe
Not Ranked     

How about a StreetBeast bailout????

Roscoe
Old 10-09-2008, 05:15 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
How about a StreetBeast bailout????

Roscoe
I could use a few million to keep my business afloat

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 10-09-2008, 05:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well, they fit the bill. Run your company into the ground, get millions in bailout money. Wonder if they will be throwing a lavish party at an exclusive resort in California to celebrate the windfall?

Bill....you are too responsible. You haven't done a good enough job of screwing the public yet. Work harder at f'ing everybody and I'm sure you'll get something.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:40 AM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Send a message via AIM to EarlsflyinCobra
Not Ranked     

A GHOST of COBRAS PAST

Starring, none other than STREET BEASTS

Maybe it hit a TIME WARP.........................................
Old 10-09-2008, 06:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M Cobra Ford FE 427 w/ Webers 48 IDA
Not Ranked     

As a suggestion, for what ever it’s worth.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have a survey section on this forum. We should have a section, which list all of the companies that are common to the Club Cobra members with a survey/feedback. It even could list a graph based on customer service.

The manufacture or assembler that receives negative feedback must post its corrective action. I think this will help a lot of members reduce getting the "shaft" buy making payment up front with no delivery to items.

Will these companies hate this idea? Well, those that operate a positive company and with the intent to help their customers probably would not mind the idea. If anything, it will help sales. These positive companies will receive all the sales from those consumers that would have received the “shaft” from those negative companies.

Positive feed back should be welcomed as well, but lets face it, positive feed back rarely gets posted unless someone ask for it. No feedback may be understood as neutral.

I am tired of people receiving poor customer service in our country. The few services that we have left in our own country and this is how we treat our fellow Americans.

I think one of the misconceptions of Club Cobra is that if a company has a banner on this site, many people feel that it is a trusted company. For the most part this may be true.

However, I believe this or some other concept should be established to help the CC members make this a more enjoyable hobby.