14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2006, 03:06 AM
Evryday is a roadstr day
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RHD Hurricane street roadster HM1081 aging nicely in the garage
Not Ranked     
Default Sri Lankan Cobras in South Carolina?

I have been in contact with a gentleman from PythonCobras (UK company) re. buying a BMW E34 based Cobra chassis and body. I read on their website www.pythoncobra.com that they have exported two units to a Floyd Harper in South Carolina and he will be their US distributor. Anyone familiar with this kit or know how to contact Mr. Harper?
The chassis and the body are made in Sri Lanka and I live in Indonesia, this would be a good value buy for me if the kit is good, the shipping stays reasonable and I am not into track days or racing the car. If you have any info please pm me or post a reply. Photos of a roller would be great. I still prefer the Hurricane but am having trouble with the relevant customs folks on importing from the US.
Thanks.

Last edited by fastraxsg; 10-20-2006 at 03:10 AM..
Old 10-20-2006, 03:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2457, Sunset Red/Titanium Stripes,460FR, SCJA, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

The literature says you can even install an all aluminum BMW V12. That should be easy to find and at a reasonable price.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 SC
Send a message via AIM to kris-kincaid Send a message via Skype™ to kris-kincaid
Not Ranked     

Isn't Sri Lanka continually in a civil war? Seems like a strange place to set up shop.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:00 AM
Evryday is a roadstr day
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RHD Hurricane street roadster HM1081 aging nicely in the garage
Not Ranked     

The conflict has been going on for quite some time on and off, most of the action is a ways away from where the factory is stated to be. There has been some question on the UK Cobra site re. this company and its cars. As I don't live in either the US or the UK, I need as much info as possible. Their website says cars are in the US for a distributor and I would like to contact him or anyone that has seen the cars. I don't have a company name for the US shop, only the man involved, one Floyd Harper. I can get second hand Beemers for a good price but finding a good US V-8 is tough and also very hard to import. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:17 AM
Evryday is a roadstr day
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Does anyone know Floyd Harper? Or if these Python Cobras made it to South Carolina?
Old 10-23-2006, 10:20 AM
Canadian Gashole
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Johnex 427 S/C, 351W, 472 HP, 444 lbs. torque
Not Ranked     

Any idea why you have over 2 billion posts?

Wayne
Old 10-23-2006, 02:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 SC
Send a message via AIM to kris-kincaid Send a message via Skype™ to kris-kincaid
Not Ranked     

The metric system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Maybury
Any idea why you have over 2 billion posts?

Wayne
Old 10-27-2006, 08:48 AM
Evryday is a roadstr day
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Let's see, I've been mucking around with computers since early 80's, Mrs. Eisemen was a great typing teacher, I'm retired, I'm always waiting for parts so got a lot of time on line, I type fast, and my wife says I'm too opinionated. Other than that, they suddenly appeared one time when the system was down. For long time they didn't add when I posted but now they are lively little numbers. I think I got credit for all the post ever done on the site.

And I still can't locate Floyd Harper Any ideas of how I can find him?
Old 10-27-2006, 07:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Just a collection of parts right now...
Send a message via MSN to spl310
Not Ranked     

Use this site: http://www.theultimates.com/white - I tried and came up with 3 Floyd Harpers in South Carolina. Two are apparently father/son in Columbia while the third is in Adams Run.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:02 AM
Evryday is a roadstr day
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks, I'll give it a try....
Old 10-28-2006, 07:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft 351W Balanced/Blueprinted 360HP / Tremec 5 Speed
Not Ranked     

Fastraxsg...Ken....Those Cobras will have to be faster than a speeding bullet if they are going to make it out of Sri Lanka and to South Carolina without becoming swiss cheese..ox_ford_guy
Gordon Clarke
Old 10-28-2006, 08:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 S/C 427 FE S.O. 484 cu in
Not Ranked     

Ken,
Have you tride the UK contacts yet?
They could probably give you the info to get in touch with Harper.

If you would like further information, you can contact us in a number of ways:

Email: info@pythoncobra.com

or write to us here:

RV. DYNAMICS UK
1 Howard Road
Reigate
Surrey RH2 7JE

or why not give us a call?

Tel: +44 (0)1737 225888
Old 12-18-2006, 11:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

fastraxsg

Did you manage to get in touch with Floyd? If not I will get him in touch with you

trevor
Old 12-19-2006, 12:51 AM
Evryday is a roadstr day
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Tevor,
After the big ruckus on the CobraClub UK website, I think I'm not much interested in getting any more involved with the Python. I did see some photos that were supposed to be from Floyd though and they looked pretty good. The bloke here in Jakarta that has the customs connection, said no go for a shipment from Sri Lanka, no reason given, think maybe they search all of them. If and when I can finally get approval to import or smuggle in a kit to Indonesia, it will be a US Hurricane Motorsports kit. It's about as complete a kit as you can get and I can't source parts here so need the support in one kit. Thanks anyway, if I decide to get a more proper windscreen for my old beater Cobra I might be in touch for a custom one. Maybe the Sri Lankan Cobra Business should move to Indonesia, cheap reasonable labor, a chance to get most anything made here given you take the time to really source and work hard.
Ken
Old 12-19-2006, 05:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I've passed this thread onto Floyd so he has the info .

trevor