Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Contemporary Classic Forums

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 09:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary 428FE
Not Ranked     
Default My Contemporary.....as a Wedding Gift

Last Thursday my then (fiance) surprised me in the parking lot of one of our favorite restaurants with friends and family. I noted that there was a beautiful Cobra and she said, "Do you like it" and threw me the keys. I couldn't believe it. Anyways, here are a few pics and of course the specs to go with it.

Under the hood: professionally rebuilt 428FE powerplant with the best of everything, including Crower cam, Edelbrock Performer manifold, 750 cfm Holley, Ceramicoated headers & sidepipes, Aeroquip stainless-steel hoses & fittings throughout, MSD billet distributor, 6AL ignition box. Ford toploader 4-speed gearbox with big input shaft and close-ratio gears and Lakewood bellhousing. Suspension: totally-rebuilt Jag XKE front suspension with torsion bar, Delrin bushings, Wilwood Superlite II 4-piston calipers, heavy duty swaybar and Carrera shocks; rear end: rebuilt 3.31:1 ratio XJ6 IRS positraction, Bulletproof halfshafts and 4 polished Aldan adjustable shocks. Cockpit: original-style Smiths gauges with reverse 180 mph speedometer and dash layout, original-style Lucas switches, hardwood-rimmed Moto–Lita steering wheel, Simpson 5 pt racing harnesses, AC brake and clutch pedals.
itstock likes this.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

The guys on here want to know if she has sisters?! You made out real well on all counts there. Congrats.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:48 AM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

That there, my friend, is a keeper. Congratulations!!

They do exist. My fiance learned how to drive in her mom's Ferrari Dino at 14. Her mom's side of the family have been Italian racing car mechanics for generations, still to this day. She LOVES my Cobra and bugs me to drive it. And she hates the idea of me trailering it anywhere.

Have fun!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 08 Mustang GT
Not Ranked     

It does happen for real I thought it was only in the Movies Congrat to both of you
Old 03-27-2012, 11:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
That there, my friend, is a keeper. Congratulations!!

They do exist. My fiance learned how to drive in her mom's Ferrari Dino at 14. Her mom's side of the family have been Italian racing car mechanics for generations, still to this day. She LOVES my Cobra and bugs me to drive it. And she hates the idea of me trailering it anywhere.

Have fun!
That is a really cool story. I also hate the idea of trailering my car. I have a few things to work on, like the speedo and fuel gauge don't work and it drives me nuts. Other than that, I love this car and plan to pass it to my yet to be born son.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     

Can I send mine over for lessons? That's a great story..

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."
Old 03-27-2012, 01:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra, 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danr55 View Post
Can I send mine over for lessons? That's a great story..
I ain't buying it. No way a woman would buy a green car with yellow plug wires, color coordination conflict, shoes don't match dress. He bought this car and gave it to himself.

Congrats, you lucky *&^%$. Now get busy making that baby.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic Motor Car; 427 S/O
Not Ranked     

Now that is one fine woman..... Congrats on your new toy... I've run the roads in your area a number of years ago in my 65 Corvette 327/365, (Oh did I say Corvette)!!! have fun, be safe and enjoy the ride.....
Old 03-27-2012, 02:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 S/C W/Holmon Moody Original Nascar build #508 Iron Block/heads (C5AE-H) Bal/Blu 427 Sideoiler; 780 Holley Dbl. Pump; 4 Speed Top Loader; AP Racing Bks; IRS; 15" Trigo pins
Not Ranked     

REALLY!!! Any sisters!!!!! Congrats M8 on the new Ride & Bride. Best to both of you
Old 03-27-2012, 04:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 838
Not Ranked     

I thought I scored. My wife bought me a Springfield Armory M1a rifle for an enagement gift. That was nearly 20 years ago. I still have the rifle and wife.

You win.

Congratulations and enjoy the wife and car.

John
Old 03-27-2012, 04:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

donnie, baffling, very baffling ...
My Contemporary.....as a Wedding Gift
Last Thursday my then (fiance) surprised me in the parking lot of one of our favorite restaurants with friends and family. I noted that there was a beautiful Cobra and she said, "Do you like it" and threw me the keys. I couldn't believe it. Anyways, here are a few pics and of course the specs to go with it.

Let's see "last Thursday", I guess that was March 22nd and WHAT A SURPRISE IT MUST HAVE BEEN!

... but wait -

03-08-2012, 07:03 AM
donnieR32
New Guy, Got Questions...
So, I've read a lot of the Virginia code, but wanted to be absolutely aware of what I had ahead of me in the event I register a '66 replica in Virginia. As I understand it I will have to pay 3% sales tax to VA at the time of registration regardless of the state I purchase the vehicle. Secondly, because replicas are replicas of cars over 25 years old, I will not have to pay personal property tax on the vehicle.

I noticed there was some differences between antique plates and regular plates, but it only seemed like the antique plates mere more restrictive. Any real use for them on a Cobra Replica?

Any insight is greatly appreciated. I hope to soon be out on the road.

hum? ....

----
Old 03-27-2012, 07:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL427SBF View Post
donnie, baffling, very baffling ...
My Contemporary.....as a Wedding Gift

Let's see "last Thursday", I guess that was March 22nd and WHAT A SURPRISE IT MUST HAVE BEEN!

... but wait -

03-08-2012, 07:03 AM
donnieR32
New Guy, Got Questions...
So, I've read a lot of the Virginia code, but wanted to be absolutely aware of what I had ahead of me in the event I register a '66 replica in Virginia. As I understand it I will have to pay 3% sales tax to VA at the time of registration regardless of the state I purchase the vehicle. Secondly, because replicas are replicas of cars over 25 years old, I will not have to pay personal property tax on the vehicle.

I noticed there was some differences between antique plates and regular plates, but it only seemed like the antique plates mere more restrictive. Any real use for them on a Cobra Replica?

Any insight is greatly appreciated. I hope to soon be out on the road.

hum? ....

----
Either way... Nice ride

I'm happy to pay the benefit of the doubt in donnieR32's favor.

Al427"FE-wanabe" (hahaha sorry I couldn't resist) - Good detective work, but why so suspicious? Even if you're right does it really matter?

A possible scenario, that's not too far fetch and is quite similar to mine could be: there's every chance that he was looking for a while and may even have gotten close to buying one, perhaps may even have test driven this exact car, drooling all over it, but walked away thinking that the cost of a pending wedding & starting a new family may have come ahead of his personal desires. His partners sees this and reads this and gives him the gift anyway. I know I asked similar questions before I got my ride.

Like I said, either way donnieR32 CONGRATS on both accounts.

Take care & thanks for sharing
Old 03-28-2012, 10:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
Either way... Nice ride

Al427"FE-wanabe" (hahaha sorry I couldn't resist) - Good detective work, but why so suspicious? Even if you're right does it really matter?

A possible scenario, that's not too far fetch and is quite similar to mine could be: there's every chance that he was looking for a while and may even have gotten close to buying one, perhaps may even have test driven this exact car, drooling all over it, but walked away thinking that the cost of a pending wedding & starting a new family may have come ahead of his personal desires. His partners sees this and reads this and gives him the gift anyway. I know I asked similar questions before I got my ride.

The real story goes that the fiance and I were discussing getting one. I told her "they" were affordable and we could get a kit for about 28K. She said, "Let's wait a few years, get settled from the wedding and we'll go from there." So, I decided to just look and do research. I actually sent her a picture of my Cobra and said, "This is gorgeous, but too much money." I even joked about it being a wedding present, but never in a million years would have guessed. Ha! I have the video to prove how surprised I was. This past Thursday at a dinner before our wedding she presented me with this Contemporary. Her explanation was, "if you're gonna do it, do it right". Oh and if there's anymore doubt. Here's the write up from Cobra Country.

11 March 2012: You can mark my Bright Green/Mecca Pearl Contemporary Cobra SOLD! Gone (as a wedding present) to a wonderful bride & groom in northern Virginia! First thing I would like to say is thanks personally to Curt Scott of Cobra Country. Curt is reason my car sold at the price it did, when it did, to the young bride-to-be it did. Curt called me up after I sent him my first round of photos and gently informed me "We have to talk." I became—with Curt's guidance—an expert at photographing Cobras. Curt's Cobra photography tips could make a professional photographer out of a blind man. His pointers are quite straightforward, and above all impart the proper methods to shoot these cars. My Cobra was selected and purchased entirely because my second round of photos really captured its beauty. The sale went flawlessly. From the first contact with Cobra Country, the photography lesson, the buyers' inquiries and every other aspect of this sale was not only professional, it was a joy. My car went for the price I wanted to some absolutely wonderful, appreciative people. All of the guidance I encountered from Cobra Country was expert and spot-on for marketing and selling a high-priced motorcar over the internet. I cannot recommend Cobra Country more highly. I was even invited to the wedding, as was Curt. Now that's how you market and sell and buy a car. See ya' in Gettysburg, Curt. Doc Fallon

If you STILL don't believe me, call Curt from Cobra Country. He helped my now wife with all the paperwork.

I do research, there's a reason a guy my age has a car like this. I read, read, read, and read. Make sure I have no questions by the time I pull the trigger. I HATE Virginia property tax and wanted to know how we could get around it, if and when we bought one. I just never imagined she would be me such a legit replica so soon.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
Either way... Nice ride

The real story goes that the fiance and I were discussing getting one. I told her "they" were affordable and we could get a kit for about 28K. She said, "Let's wait a few years, get settled from the wedding and we'll go from there." So, I decided to just look and do research. I actually sent her a picture of my Cobra and said, "This is gorgeous, but too much money." I even joked about it being a wedding present, but never in a million years would have guessed. Ha! I have the video to prove how surprised I was. This past Thursday at a dinner before our wedding she presented me with this Contemporary. Her explanation was, "if you're gonna do it, do it right". Oh and if there's anymore doubt. Here's the write up from Cobra Country.

11 March 2012: You can mark my Bright Green/Mecca Pearl Contemporary Cobra SOLD! Gone (as a wedding present) to a wonderful bride & groom in northern Virginia! First thing I would like to say is thanks personally to Curt Scott of Cobra Country. Curt is reason my car sold at the price it did, when it did, to the young bride-to-be it did. Curt called me up after I sent him my first round of photos and gently informed me "We have to talk." I became—with Curt's guidance—an expert at photographing Cobras. Curt's Cobra photography tips could make a professional photographer out of a blind man. His pointers are quite straightforward, and above all impart the proper methods to shoot these cars. My Cobra was selected and purchased entirely because my second round of photos really captured its beauty. The sale went flawlessly. From the first contact with Cobra Country, the photography lesson, the buyers' inquiries and every other aspect of this sale was not only professional, it was a joy. My car went for the price I wanted to some absolutely wonderful, appreciative people. All of the guidance I encountered from Cobra Country was expert and spot-on for marketing and selling a high-priced motorcar over the internet. I cannot recommend Cobra Country more highly. I was even invited to the wedding, as was Curt. Now that's how you market and sell and buy a car. See ya' in Gettysburg, Curt. Doc Fallon

If you STILL don't believe me, call Curt from Cobra Country. He helped my now wife with all the paperwork.

I do research, there's a reason a guy my age has a car like this. I read, read, read, and read. Make sure I have no questions by the time I pull the trigger. I HATE Virginia property tax and wanted to know how we could get around it, if and when we bought one. I just never imagined she would be me such a legit replica so soon.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra, 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

Really glad you cleared that up because until you did, some here were clearly going to be distraught and gridlocked with conspiracy theory fears.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

FANTASTIC................
Very Nice! Great car too, wish it were mine...........
Old 03-28-2012, 02:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary-427 stroker
Not Ranked     

Donnie,
Congratulations!! Nice ride. The Capitol Area Cobra Club meets every Saturday morning at the Vienna Inn in Vienna, VA. Cars start gathering at 7:30. We are a very active club with numerous events throughout the year. Cruise on by and join the mayhem.
David A.

www.capitalareacobraclub.com - Index
Old 03-28-2012, 03:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The devil is in the details, no question you're opener was a tad misleading, reads like your fiance went out and bought you a cobra without your knowledge.

Nice back and fill bud lol.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:27 PM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

donnie,
It's a cynical bunch but don't let that deter you from being a part of it. Make sure you share your ups and downs and contribute.

btw, I'm putting you down for a set of magnesium wheels.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdman352 View Post
Donnie,
Congratulations!! Nice ride. The Capitol Area Cobra Club meets every Saturday morning at the Vienna Inn in Vienna, VA. Cars start gathering at 7:30. We are a very active club with numerous events throughout the year. Cruise on by and join the mayhem.
David A.

www.capitalareacobraclub.com - Index
Thanks, I've been looking into it. I'm a member there too (same name). No point in having one if you're not gonna use it. I assure you, you will see us.