Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Contemporary Classic Forums

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By olddog
  • 1 Post By olddog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 01:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default CCX in Westchester area for sale

Might anyone know anything about her?

Used Shelby Cars, Used Shelby Cobra For Sale at Auto King Sales Inc. in Pound Ridge NY on Road2Autos.com

it seems that there is one to may digits in the VIN ?

if its all as he says i would think he has it priced to high ? opinions and input appreciated

Thanks, Kevin

here is the AD Copy
the chevy motor is fine with me for now

This 1966 Shelby COBRA 2dr CONTEMPORARY Convertible features a 400 SB 550 HP 8cyl Gasoline engine. It is equipped with a 4 Speed Manual transmission. The vehicle is Red with a Black Leather interior. - POWERED BY A CHEVROLET 400 ALUMINUM SMALL BLOCK PUSHING OVER 550 HP TRANSMISSION 4 SPEED TOP LOADER WITH JAGUAR SUSPENSION AND REAR END PAINT IS NEW AND FLAWLESS.THIS CAR HAS A LONG HISTORY AND DID CANNON BALL RUN BUILT IN MOUNT VERNON NY BY MONTI GATTI AND TEAM AT Contemporary Cobra. If you have been looking for a beautiful COBRA at an absolutely unbeatable price, please MAKE AN OFFER. You won`t be disappointed. DONT MISS THIS ONE. RUNS AND DRIVES AWESOME LOTS OF POWER . PLEASE LOOK AT ALL THE PICTURES AND GIVE BOBBY A CALL AT 914 403 7505 THANK YOU. - This Shelby is in Excellent overall exterior condition, Excellent overall interior condition, Leather seats - Leather Interior Surface

Used 1966 Shelby COBRA CONTEMPORARY Convertible
Price: $34,995
Year: 1966
Mileage: 35,000
Warranty: No
Body Style: Convertible
Exterior Color: Red
Interior Color: Black
Transmission: 4-Speed Manual
Drive Type: RWD
Dealer Stock #: CCX330522
VIN: CCX330522

Bobbie is the owner at
Auto King Sales Inc.
140 Salem Road
Pound Ridge, NY - 10576
Old 03-23-2013, 06:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

That's not a bad price for a CCX but with the Chevy I'd push it down closer to 30. It's plain foolish to block the whole intake with spotlights on a car like this. Hope it's never been too hot. That's a tall roll bar but it looks like it has been tied off to the frame rail.
It looks like bolt on Compomotive wheels?? Let me know if you want a Ford powered one in a similar price range.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:03 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmate View Post
That's not a bad price for a CCX but with the Chevy I'd push it down closer to 30. It's plain foolish to block the whole intake with spotlights on a car like this. Hope it's never been too hot. That's a tall roll bar but it looks like it has been tied off to the frame rail.
It looks like bolt on Compomotive wheels?? Let me know if you want a Ford powered one in a similar price range.

I believe you know the car, it has been listed on ebay for 2+ years

CLICK HERE

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 04-28-2018, 10:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hello guys

I have been looking at cobras for a decade now and finally my economy allovs me to get serious. I have the chance to buy the cobra mentioned earlyer in this thread. The seller is asking 50K for it which i think is a little expensive, considering it has a chevy engine. Does any of you guys know the, or some of the history on this particular car?
Allso i would appreciate any advise i can get on what to do and not to do and what to look for when buying a CCX cobra.
And if anyone is considering selling their CCX or knows somebody who is, let me know.
Old 04-29-2018, 06:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

If the car is still available after 5 years that should tell you something.
Old 04-29-2018, 07:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KIRKHAM 427 S/C, SHELBY 427 ALUM. STROKER
Not Ranked     

Tonny; You do realize the this thread was 5 yrs old ! And yes, that's too high a price with the chevy engine.
Old 04-29-2018, 07:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

So let me make sure I understand this correctly.

The original post was March 2013, and the prices was $34,995.

No changes mentioned?

Now it is worth $50,000?

Strange, I new the Obama economy wasn't the greatest, but I do not recall 8% inflation over the last 5 years. Oh maybe I'm looking at it all wrong. If the owner thinks the car is an investment, maybe he feels he is entitled to an 8% return on his money, so he is in no hurry to sell it.

With little knowledge of the situation, my instinct would be to run away as fast as I could.
HI Cobra and redmt like this.
Old 04-29-2018, 01:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It's worth what anyone will pay. Market is what it is.

Now ... The dogs car
Mercedes E63S station wagon. 603hp
Old 04-29-2018, 08:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have found this car at its new owner, he is asking 50K. He sent me pictures and documentation. I then googel'd the win number and it lead my to this thread, therefore i chose to ask the question, if any body here knew this particular car?

As i wrote in my last post, i think the price is to high compared to the few CCX cars i have found online so far. From what i can tell, by looking at the few ads i found, the price range for a contemporary classic today is in the range 50K to 80K, stretching from need a little work to mint condition. What is your opinion when it comes to price range?

Im trying to find and buy the car of my dreams and need all the help i can get. Therefore any info/opinion on the following would be much appreciated:

Price range.
What to look for/be carefull with.
Where to find cars for sale.
If you know someone who is considering selling a car.

Last edited by Tonny1098; 04-30-2018 at 09:23 PM..
Old 05-05-2018, 05:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

I just have a few minutes, so quickly.

The manufacturer is not as important as the assembler and who had their fingers into what. Did a true craftsman work on it or Bevis and Butthead?

Donor car drive train ($1000) or a new TKO-600 ($2500) and new aluminum FE 427 - 482 stroker ($15000). So it could have a nice runnning $1000 drive train or it could have a $20000 drive train in it.

A straight axle or independent rear end.

Donor brakes off of who knows what, or Willwood brake system. - Try buying brake pads for who knows what. All auto stores are going to ask you what it came off of.

Junk yard radiator or a new aluminum 4 core that will actually cool the engine?

You should be getting the picture. The important factors are what parts are on the car, how well were they put on, and what condition are they in now.

Look for signs that Bevis and Butthead were beating on things. Bolt heads stripped and rounded from the wrong tool, and loose wires. Or is everything done neatly.

Frankly if the owner cannot tell you much about the car, even though it is well built, you know the present owner didn't give a $hit about the car, or he would have found out.
HI Cobra likes this.