Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Contemporary Classic Forums

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2021, 11:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Fresh 427 S/O
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlzEE Bebout View Post
I didn't pay a whole lot more for my 4 post lift than what Quik Jack shows for the BL-3500SLX . Of course, if you don't have the ceiling height and don't want to do a coffered ceiling, you do what you can. Pretty much anything beats rolling around on the floor.
The rolling around on the floor isn't what's bad, it's getting back up off the floor. We didn't have that issue in our youth.
55312, Argess, cycleguy55 and 2 others like this.
Old 01-31-2022, 02:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft blk edition 427r build #2297 grigo telesto color
Not Ranked     

Anyone ever use the quickjacks NOT parallel but one jack behind both front tires and the other just in front of the rears? I know you can, though it funny quickjack had to come out with a video explain weight distribution when using them in such a way. I ask because then I can buy longer/heavy duty ones for Rubicon 392 and my Ram as well...just curious if someone has tried it. I'd imagine the cars center weight is somewhat funky
Old 02-01-2022, 04:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 427, 5.0
Not Ranked     
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB60 View Post
The rolling around on the floor isn't what's bad, it's getting back up off the floor. We didn't have that issue in our youth.
I don't believe my body has limitations- the floor just moved farther away so it requires more effort!

Thom
Old 02-01-2022, 06:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB60 View Post
Apply maximum bourbon therapy Saturday night to
rehearse getting back up off the floor. Hold onto
torque wrench in one hand for added realism.
CompFi likes this.
Old 02-02-2022, 02:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft blk edition 427r build #2297 grigo telesto color
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredG View Post
I absolutely love these things.
grabbed me up a pair myself yesterday. no hiccups with them I assume?
Old 02-02-2022, 02:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quickjacks are great. I have the BL-7000SLX - they work fine with my WCC and its 96" wheelbase, but they're probably too long for many Cobras.

Here's a caution: Make doubly sure the locking bars are securely locked before relying upon them to keep the car up. I've taken to giving them a kick with my foot - just to make sure. Personal experience, but thankfully no personal injury.
msinc likes this.
Old 02-24-2022, 02:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4141
Not Ranked     

Tom,
What's the make of your 4 Post? Looks short enough to work in my garage.

- Bill -
Old 02-25-2022, 04:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #1368, Coyote Gen1
Not Ranked     

I purchased a refurb 5000 SLX. A couple parts were missing but they shipped them quickly. Received within the week. Works well. I can get the old girl off the ground giving me about 22” of space
Old 02-25-2022, 05:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4141
Not Ranked     

Want to be able to stand under the car, not lay on my back. I'm done with those days! Looking for the shortest 4-Post Car Lift. So far, Universal has one that's 141" in Length without the ramps. Love to find one that's only 10' in length!

Last edited by Bill Kesner; 09-14-2022 at 07:43 PM..
Old 02-26-2022, 05:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 838
Not Ranked     

I purchased a 2 post lift for about what quickjack costs. My ceiling is 11 feet and coffered another 2 feet.

Life is good.

John
Old 03-01-2022, 09:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Kesner View Post
Want to be able to stand under the car, not lay on my back. I'm done with those days! Looking for the shortest 2-Post Car Lift. So far, Universal has one that's 141" in Length without the ramps. Love to find one that's only 10' in length!
I just purchased a Bend-pak GP-7LC (118.5" Tall) which will fit in my 10' garage. They also make a (106.5") which fits in a 9' garage.
https://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/two-post-lifts/
about a $1000 cheaper if bought thru Home Depot.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/GRANDPRI...-312401393-_-N
https://www.homedepot.com/p/GRANDPRI...-312401016-_-N

For some the reason the 9' model is more expensive.

Unloading at your home will run you $395.00. Or you can rent a forklift for $400 a day, and pay the $125x2 delivery/ pickup.

Best best installed quote for the same unit came in at $6575.00 and $150 travel. $2k profit for a days work is a bit excessive.

Columns can be stood up by two people, cross beam weighs approx 350lbs and be set with a Ducting lift.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/rental/S...2412/309450521

Last edited by spdbrake; 03-01-2022 at 10:41 AM..
Old 03-01-2022, 11:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I had installed a Atlas Pro 8000 4 post lift. I found a local company that services and installs many different brands. Told them the purpose and what I wanted and they steered me in the right direction. I ordered and Had delivered to their location. They took delivery and we scheduled set up. They delivered and installed for $695. Also $55 for hydraulic oil. Couldn't be happier. Had the floor finished so found a local place and had 3/8" rubber cut to put under posts to protect floor and keep from sliding. Works great and am very satisfied. Lift went up $900 2 weeks after I ordered. Think I waited almost 10 weeks to receive from manufacturer. Should of done it years ago.
CompFi likes this.
Old 03-17-2022, 08:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Options and Design choices

I have closely followed this thread, and very much appreciate the many perspectives.

That said, please excuse the naivete of the following question:

What are the pros and cons of the various design options - 4 post, 2 post and quick jacks?

I might have space for any of them, so I am not initially concerned about space considerations. But of course, before ordering, I will need to confirm that my garage can accommodate the actual footprint.

I live in the Northeast of the US. So, my car will spend several winter months awaiting the arrival of Spring. Ideally, I would like to lift the car for the duration of the winter to open up storage space beneath it.

Which design is preferable for long term storage? Presumably not quick jacks, but wondering between 2 and 4 post designs.

Thanks!
Brian
Old 03-17-2022, 09:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I am certainly happy with my Atlas Pro 8000 4 post lift. You can look them up online with all the dimensions. Head to the garage with tape and recreate the size in the space.
CompFi likes this.
Old 03-22-2022, 04:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Which design is preferable for long term storage?

Popping the stack here to invite more perspectives.

2 or 4 post design for long term storage?

If space is NOT the primary consideration, which do you recommend?

~ Brian
Old 03-22-2022, 10:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Long term storage I would go with a e post lift. I have both and the four post is definitely more secure for winter storage. The two post lift leaves the suspension fully extended.
CompFi likes this.
Old 03-30-2022, 08:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Finished the installation of the Bendpak GP-7LC. Easy job with the duct lift I rented from Home Depot. That center beam weighs 380lbs.

cycleguy55 and Harpoon PV2 like this.
Old 03-30-2022, 09:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Good Job. It makes it so much easier with a lift. You're going to say why didn't I do this sooner. Enjoy.
Old 03-30-2022, 10:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That is a great idea! Even if you have to rent it for a day, $78.00 plus a little tax, worth every penny! Cheers, Dennis
Old 09-14-2022, 07:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Direct Pro Park 8 Plus, 4 post lift

Just wanted to follow up and say thanks to all that contributed to this and related threads.

I opted for a 4 post lift from Direct. I went with the 4 post as my primary usage is for winter storage. For maintenance, I am considering the sliding jack accessory, but will need to save up for that.....

I went with Direct ProPark 8 because I liked that the lift is certified by an independent, third party. But I could not find the standard size anywhere, so I went with the ProPark 8 Plus from Derek Weaver.

I also could not find anyone in the local area for the install. As they say, "some assembly required..." While the install itself is not complicated, the biggest challenge is the simple weight of a few of the pieces, particularly the runways. Highly recommend that you invite several friends over to assist in positioning the pieces. And also have 4 furniture dollies handy as they make emplacing the runways MUCH easier.

The Direct lift is still new to me, but so far, I have been very pleased with it. And pleased with Derek Weaver as well, easy to do business with a company like that!