Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Contemporary Classic Forums

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 07:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     
Default Parking brake Questions

Can someone please post a photograph of how their parking brake is hooked up? I have everything off of the Jag, but can't figure out how it goes on the Contemporary. Doesn't seem to be enough room up top.
Thanks,

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."
Old 02-25-2009, 01:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Have I asked the impossible question?

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

Old 02-25-2009, 03:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Hand brake

Do you have a contemporary shop manual?
Regards,Mike.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Early Contemporary 427SC w/ '66 427s.o. (car built in '79) by Snow White Rods (Fresno, CA); XKE Series II front/rear suspension (AMP lower A-arms/half shafts), CWI rebuilt IRS, 4-spd Toploader, PS Engineering knock-off rims.
Send a message via AIM to gjcomb Send a message via Skype™ to gjcomb
Not Ranked     

Dan;

I also removed my Jag IRS and handbrake setup while doing some rework on the IRS and interior; actually, the whole car is apart since one thing led to another thing and before I knew it, I had the engine, transmission, rear end, seats out...

Is your handbrake mounted on the passenger side of the driveshaft tunnel as the manual says to do or mounted through a hole on top of the tunnel?

Here are some excerpts from the manual which should already be done in your setup:

Starting at the rear compartment panel, draw a line 14" long on the passenger side of the driveshaft tunnel at a point 1 5/8" above the surface of the floor.

Measure forward from the rear compartment panel and center punch line drawn in previous step -

* 5 5/8" forward of rear compartment panel
* 12 1/4" forward of rear compartment panel

Drill two (2) 1/4" holes at positions center punched in previous step.

Insert 1/4" x 1" SAE bolts through the front and rear bottom holes pre-drilled through the emergency brake handle mounting bracket and through two (2) holes drilled through the driveshaft tunnel in previous step.

Using mounting bracket as a template, center punch surface of the driveshaft tunnel through two (2) top holes in mounting bracket; remove handle assemby from driveshaft tunnel and drill two (2) 1/4" holes at locations center punched in previous step.

If your handbrake is correctly mounted to the passenger side of the driveshaft tunnel, you should also have a factory cut hole at the bottom of the rear compartment panel and driveshaft tunnel. Cable should go through panel and over to the IRS unit.

If the cable does not fit the rear calipers, you might need to push down on the E-brake caliper that the cable connects to so that it does not hit the top. I had to do this since I had the IRS rebuilt and went to a newer inboard Jag brake caliper over my older ones.

I will check my files for additional photos prior to my rebuild and sent to you.

George
Old 02-27-2009, 06:09 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

THanks Guys.. I'll check again. Maybe I missed something in the manual.

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

Old 04-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well, I have a copy of the manual with the verbage, but I'm a "look and see" kind of buy....besides it keeps referring back to the illustrations and I don't have the illustrations. Is there somewhere I can beg, borrow steal or buy the illustrations? A photo of the installation would help. Anyone,,,please?

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

Old 04-17-2009, 06:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

Dan if you want me to snap some pics let me know. Do you want the caliper end or the handle end?
Old 04-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Nick, I need the caliper end. Specifically how the compensating lever mounts to the differential and how the cable hooks up.
Thanks a million..

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209