28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 05:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default B&B coupe

please take a look at our coupe at www.bandbroadster.com we have designed a new tube chassis for the car and can build you a full turnkey 351w 5 speed car any color you want for 42,000 narrowed 9" ford four wheel disc brakes 18 gallon gas tank alum radiator, cobra style wheels all included.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2117; 331 stroker; TKO600
Not Ranked     

jeffgrice - please post some photos of your coupe in your gallery. Great ride.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2117; 331 stroker; TKO600
Not Ranked     

Rod - that might be - however my main point is that they are no longer making Superformance Coupes - whatever is out there is IT. If you want a brand new car it will be a CSX9000, and is likely to be a LOT more expensive.

The "MSRP" on the CSX 9000 is $89,900 for a roller + engine and transmission. A Rousch motor will go for approx $15 with water pump etc., and another $2200 for a Tremec. Call it $20 K for everything installed and dyno tuned. That is $109,900 for a new CSX 9000 car - vs this used Superformance for $70K. The CSX has been upgraded -shelby door handles, shelby seat covers, shelby brakes, improved front and rear independent suspension. Adjustments in the steering wheel & seat locations, upgrade AC. A definte upgrade all around. But the Superformance Coupe is an EXCELLENT car, well built, and if you like the look (some don't), a great buy - IMO - at $70K.

Last edited by Rickd; 06-27-2010 at 06:18 AM..
Old 06-27-2010, 06:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Don't forget that the CSX9000's have been significantly upgraded over the SPF Coupe. It's not a "apples to apples" comparison IMHO.
I would be interested in what the "signicant upgrades" are? I personally don't consider a bunch of CS labeled crap as an upgrade. I only casually perused the details when the change was being made and didn't notice anything that I would consider of any signicance. Well, with the exception of the signicant increase in price.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: N/A
Not Ranked     

Hi Woodsy:

The improvements (other than cosmetics of having Shelby’s name on the seats, door handles, brakes etc) that I know about are:

Changed front and rear suspension to accommodate different, deeply dished wheels
Simplified and reduced suspension adjustability
Separated the oil and coolant radiators, placing the oil radiator under the car in a scoop between the front wheels – looks like it reduced ground clearance significantly (I have photos)
Added external door handles
Changed the heater valve actuation to a servo (but kept same crummy valve)
Electric windows
Moved seats inboard an inch or so
Moved steering column inboard to match
Eliminated the rabbit ears and moved the openings further back (probably less noise)
Improved gas tank with a swirl pot (I don’t know if they changed the filler)
They claim an improved frame, but I don’t know what they did
I don’t know what A/C improvements are

In my opinion, the most useful changes are the elimination of the rabbit ears and addition of external door handles, followed by moving the seats inboard and electric windows (assuming they work OK). The oil cooler location looks to me like a REALLY bad idea.

List roller price I was quoted recently by a dealer was $99,900. Initially it was $89,900, but that was raised very shortly after the car appeared.

Cheers
David
SPC0123
Old 06-27-2010, 10:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default B&B coupe

here are a few pictures of my personel car.
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2010, 11:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Auto Restoration and Service
Not Ranked     

"Eliminated the rabbit ears and moved the openings further back (probably less noise)"

If the "rabbit ears" are the fresh air openings behind the door glass, eliminating them was a good thing. The wind ripped one of mine off. When I ordered a new one, I find out that you are not supposed to go over 140mph unless they are removed. I must have missed that note in the owners manual.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodz428 View Post
I would be interested in what the "signicant upgrades" are? I personally don't consider a bunch of CS labeled crap as an upgrade. I only casually perused the details when the change was being made and didn't notice anything that I would consider of any signicance. Well, with the exception of the signicant increase in price.
Here they are:

http://superformance.com/News_View.aspx?Articleid=53
Old 06-27-2010, 04:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default B&B coupe

I also wanted to add that we offer the coupe in a turnkey minus this is painted, interior installed, all wiring done, custom exhaust included all you need to add is your engine and trans tires and wheels this package sells for 29,900
Attached Images