Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 12:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Daytona Coupe Advice

Hey all_I am new to the forum and could use some advice. I am looking at a '07 Superformance Daytona with about 7800 miles on it that is silver/black with a 351 stroked to 392 with 430 hp and 450lbft. Ask price is 70k. Any advice here?
Old 06-24-2010, 01:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates (2001)
Not Ranked     

it all sounds good except the price....$70k is a lot of cash.....i would say keep looking i think you can do better than that....price wise.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

yeah, I have a ZO6 I am about to sell so would prefer the 427/a little more power possibly. what do you think they should be going for?
Old 06-24-2010, 02:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Theres a FFR coupe on Cobracountry for just over $42k thats probably just as nice as the $70k car.....so you could probably have one built or build it yourself for that kind of money.........if you are willing to waite to build one or have one built....soooo???? lots to think about
Old 06-24-2010, 02:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 (KMP 266); CAV GT40
Not Ranked     

there is really no comparison between the SPF and the FFR Daytonas. the SPf is much more finished and a good daily driver, the FFR more like a cobra. having said that, 70 K for an SPF with a so so motor is too high in this market.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

any good places to get one with a better motor/price? there don't seem to be too many for sale...
Old 06-24-2010, 07:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The SPF's are factory built cars....
The FFR's are owner built UNLESS someone
like Levy raceimg builds it for you....
sssoooo you are going to find that there is a
huge difference in the fit and finish...SPF's are
not "KIT CARS"....FFR's are...
there are only about a half dozen companies that
produce a "Coupe Replica" SPF,FFR,Shell Valley,B@B, and a co. in Calif.
that i dont remember their name so your very limited on your choices...
i have seen several SPF's and they are nice cars but rather spendy IMO...
FFR's can be very nice cars depending on who built it...
B@B ??? i have not seen one yet so i have no opinion on their offering...
Shell Valley.....????? i will keep my opinion to myself......
Old 06-24-2010, 08:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

I would talk to Clois Harlan here on the forum. He currently has 2 coupes in his garage. He is one of the most respected guys around here. He would be happy to visit with you.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:48 AM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Go here and look at the tabs up top for "Daytona Coupes for Sale":
http://www.cobracountry.com/home2.html
Old 06-25-2010, 05:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTDOC View Post
there is really no comparison between the SPF and the FFR Daytonas. the SPf is much more finished and a good daily driver, the FFR more like a cobra. having said that, 70 K for an SPF with a so so motor is too high in this market.
I would agree with everything except the price point. You couldn't get my Coupe ( one of the first imported and 12K+ miles) away from me for less than $85K. I don't need to sell it and don't owe anything, so I'll run it into the ground before I take a beating on it. I bet a new one(turnkey minus) is right at $70K. Add engine,tranny,install kit and labor...I think $70K is a great price.

Last edited by Woodz428; 06-25-2010 at 10:45 AM..
Old 06-25-2010, 07:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: N/A
Not Ranked     
Default Coupe cost

Hi:

You will find that the only coupes now being made are Mark IIs (CSX 9XXX), available only from Shelby dealers. Last time I looked, their LIST is $99K for the roller, so a complete new one would cost you at least $120-130K. So, unless you can find an unsold Mark I roller or want to spend a bundle, you will have to buy used.

I think $70K is a good price; if I were to sell mine (402R, Brock instruments, all sorted), I would ask much more.

David
SPC0123
Old 06-25-2010, 09:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Dennis Olthoff's site usually has a used SPF Coupe for sale. I've seen them advertised at $75,000-$80,000. I don't know if it has sold, but there's one now advertised at $80,000, but you need to scroll down the page to view it:

http://www.olthoffracing.com/

Here's a SPF Coupe roller asking $70K, but I've seen it on eBay with a BIN price of $60K:

http://www.dmautosales.com/1965-supe...oupe--c-25.htm

I'm sure it hasn't sold because of the non-traditional color, because it has been for sale for a couple years, but you could always paint it.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

There is not a lot of difference between a 427 stroker and a 392 or 408 stroker unless you plan on racing. Great torque and top end. I wouldn't let 35 cu inches get in the way of buying one of the better built Coupes on the market. All the hard stuff has been done. Which transmission does it have?

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 06-25-2010, 11:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mark III, Carbed Explorer 302
Not Ranked     

If I has $70K to blow on a Coupe.... Betcha you could have one hell of one of these built!!!

http://www.leshermotorsports.com/pro...tonacoupe.html

Pat
Proud owner of FFR1004630RD '01 Explorer 302, FRPP B-Cam, Holley S/A 670, HD T-5, Wilwood pedals, 3 link, Koni shocks, 17" Bullett wheels, Baer brakes, Classic gauges, I-Squared wiring, Jaguar Racing Green w/Sliver Stripes

Tagged and road ready in NYSas of 6-5-09 Life is GREAT!

My build log http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/cobra-build-logs/80663-my-cobra-build.html

If you live "Upstate" near Albany, NY send me a PM. Our Cobra gang is growing and looking for new members!
Old 06-25-2010, 12:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe SOLD.Current 66 Mustang
Not Ranked     

Those Lesher cars are nice!I would take that SBF over the BBF anyday,unless I was doing a drag car..Happy Hunting
I agree Life is way to short to worry about gas milage.Other rides Crewcab Super Duty F350 Ford,Shlby Charger,66Mustang/Frankinstang,Chevy Van,KTM Dualsport,FFR Daytona Coupe SOLD... RUN N GUN 06,07,08,09 Hallet 09,
Old 06-25-2010, 01:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2117; 331 stroker; TKO600
Not Ranked     

$70 K is a very good price for a Superformance Coupe. They are very hard to find. The rollers were going for more than that. The superformance Coupe has a very high degree of finish, is very well built, and should hold it's value. I had a chance to ride in one - a few laps around the Gainesville track in '05 - very nice indeed. Levy Racing has built some of the Factory Five Coupes. That is another avenue to take - I believe they were priced in the low to mid 50's - different car altogether than the Superformance. But buying one "Levy Built" would be a good way to have one that I believe would hold value as well. Money aside, I would definitely prefer the Superformance Coupe - great car. Very flexible, daily driver capable, and at home on the track.

Last edited by Rickd; 06-27-2010 at 06:11 AM..
Old 06-25-2010, 01:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks for all the great info, guys! I think I am going to fly to the dealer and check it out. These things do seem to be hard to find.

Clois- it has the tremec 5 speed. So, you say it's plenty quick? Given your history with the car, could we chat via email about some q's?
Old 06-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2117; 331 stroker; TKO600
Not Ranked     

Sweaver - another comment on the Superformance Coupe. You cannot any longer BUY one from Superformance. Shelby has "taken over" the Coupe marketing, and the new ones are being marketed as CSX9000 series Shelby Coupes with a a significant upcharge on the price. This will also ensure that the 'earlier' Superformance Coupes will retain their value - and I believe they will also be listed in the Shelby registry. If I didn't have my ERA, I would be trying to track down a $70K Superformance coupe!!
Old 06-25-2010, 02:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Don't forget that the CSX9000's have been significantly upgraded over the SPF Coupe. It's not a "apples to apples" comparison IMHO.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Coupe #136, 427SR FI
Not Ranked     

Hey there...

Just completed the research and purchase process of a Brock Coupe (SPF).

$70k for a rousch 427 coupe is a great price. The car you are looking at has a crate motor.

I believe I know this car.

Feel free to write me off line jjgrice55@gmail.com

Jeff