26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 11:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Daytona Coupe CSX9126/427 Windsor
Not Ranked     
Default "Daytona" fender script sources, anyone?

Does anyone know of a source for the Daytona script as seen on the front fendersides of competition livery coupes? I see them on cars but have not found a maker to this point. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Old 03-03-2014, 01:04 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Can you post a picture or two of exactly which scripts you want?

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 03-03-2014, 03:15 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Like these?
1965 COBRA DAYTONA - RESTORED [RD-VD-DAYRES] - $210.00*US : RACELINE DIGITAL, Hull and Deck Graphics | Motorsport Graphics

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 03-03-2014, 06:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Are you talking about the word 'Daytona' on the side and rear? I can ask my painter what he used for the repaint on Ron's car. I believe he took a picture of the original design and then sent it to a graphics guy to make a stencil so that it could be airbrushed to the car directly.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:23 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Smile

RACELINE DIGITAL, Hull and Deck Graphics | Motorsport Graphics
Old 03-03-2014, 10:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

First, thanks to all for responding.

Ron-It's the word "Daytona" as included in the sets from Raceline these other folks have suggested here.

redmt-Something to consider. Until your suggestion I really never thought of painting them on...apparently I only thought of them as stickers or clings I could remove, hmmmn.

Mark IV and Dwight-Yep, have seen that package before but only want the two Daytona scripts, the rest would go unused. Nowhere on their site have I found them offered individually. I'll call them and whine, see if they'll part it out to me, lol.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:48 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Pliskin,

Here is a picture of mine and it has always been airbrushed on like this.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 03-09-2014, 05:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPC Brock/Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe 51, Roush 427IR, also full custom 600+ HP Austin Healey and Ferrari Daytona spyder
Not Ranked     
Default Brush Script

The font is Brush Script and any vinyl decal company can make it for you.Just let them know the size and color you want. It comes on tissue-like paper. You mist the surface, place the transfer where you want it, squee-gee with a credit card or the like to remove the air bubbles, pull off the tissue backing and there you have it.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcweingart View Post
The font is Brush Script and any vinyl decal company can make it for you.Just let them know the size and color you want. It comes on tissue-like paper. You mist the surface, place the transfer where you want it, squee-gee with a credit card or the like to remove the air bubbles, pull off the tissue backing and there you have it.
It is very close to Brush Script but of the 5 versions of BC I have, there are a few letters that are different. Th "Y" and the "N" in particular.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPC Brock/Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe 51, Roush 427IR, also full custom 600+ HP Austin Healey and Ferrari Daytona spyder
Not Ranked     
Default You're making more of it than it was

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmt View Post
It is very close to Brush Script but of the 5 versions of BC I have, there are a few letters that are different. Th "Y" and the "N" in particular.
When Shelby originally put "Daytona" on the cars and every time thereafter when repainted, whatever, they used vinyl decals (for the numbers as well), just like racers still do today. He used Brush Script then, whatever version existed time to time whenever "Daytona" had to be applied, re-applied. The variations are minimal and pick which particular version Shelby used at what ever particular time they applied or re-applied "Daytona." It differed from time to time then on the cars and whatever version you get today will probably be so similar to any one of the various versions the originals had at some point who cares?
Old 03-09-2014, 06:16 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcweingart View Post
When Shelby originally put "Daytona" on the cars and every time thereafter when repainted, whatever, they used vinyl decals (for the numbers as well), just like racers still do today. He used Brush Script then, whatever version existed time to time whenever "Daytona" had to be applied, re-applied. The variations are minimal and pick which particular version Shelby used at what ever particular time they applied or re-applied "Daytona." It differed from time to time then on the cars and whatever version you get today will probably be so similar to any one of the various versions the originals had at some point who cares?
I doubt they had vinyl script then. No computer cutting systems in 1965! Just an old guy with brush................

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 03-09-2014, 06:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Actually they did, of sorts, cut with a razor by machine - although a lot of old timers used a brush too.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The script on Ron's car above is VERY close to the script from whatever Factory Five provided in a decal from the first series Daytona's. I have one of the original decals if anyone wants the original. I also have 5-6 different TT and EA fonts all different versions of the Brush Script font. But your right about one thing. Who cares? If you like it that's all that matters.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

And, either way, the machine templates varied as did the painters and the word "Daytona" varied somewhat on the different cars at different times.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my beloved Shelby CSX 4068, Gessford 427 Ford
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
First, thanks to all for responding.

Ron-It's the word "Daytona" as included in the sets from Raceline these other folks have suggested here.

redmt-Something to consider. Until your suggestion I really never thought of painting them on...apparently I only thought of them as stickers or clings I could remove, hmmmn.

Mark IV and Dwight-Yep, have seen that package before but only want the two Daytona scripts, the rest would go unused. Nowhere on their site have I found them offered individually. I'll call them and whine, see if they'll part it out to me, lol.
They offer just the Daytona script. Look here:

Sponsorship Decals : RACELINE DIGITAL, Hull and Deck Graphics | Motorsport Graphics

Doug
Old 03-16-2014, 11:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks to all for chiming in on this issue. We've just returned from a 12 day vacation and getting back in the swing, so to speak. Have learned my Daytona is now mechanically complete and deemed roadworthy. Only waiting door panels to be recovered with new Alcantara material as the originals were lifting from the substrate apparently due to faulty glueing/curing issue. Needless to say I'm excited to finally take delivery of this car, originally ordered mid 2012.
DOUG-Thanks for pointing me to the Raceline page with scripts available outside of the "package". Unsure of why I didn't find that on my own but glad to see there is availability separate of a pile of stickers I don't need or want. Much appreciated sir. Now to inquire as to, hopefully, different colors available
Happy motoring everyone!
Old 04-05-2014, 10:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: MidStates, 351C, 4spd, 9"
Send a message via AIM to krausewich
Not Ranked     

Check out the script on this car in the gallery. Not 'original', but one of my favorites.. Don't know if it was a one off, but I'd like a set.

1965 Factory Five Type 65 Daytona Coupe | Exotic Car Sales at BJ Motors

M. Krause
Old 04-07-2014, 09:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Krausewich-Thanks for posting. Interesting, different but not my cup of tea. Fine for a Corvette or something I suppose. Wouldn't go with the dark thing I'm going for with my car at all. Click on "Pliskin" above and check my albums if you haven't.

Happy Motoring'
Snake
Old 11-09-2014, 07:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR '65 Daytona Coupe
Not Ranked     
Default Daytona script graphics

With graphics, the possibilities are almost endless. You could go to a hot rod shop (Jesse James is here in Austin) and contract for an airbrush artist to do a one of a kind freehand graphic image to your specification. You could hand fabricate a metal applique or plaque. You could also design a graphic to be printed via home printer on special paper that provides a water-transferable decal. Here is an example of my graphic designs.
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2014, 05:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Are you looking for the chrome script that is on many of the Factory Five Cars? If so I may have a couple lying around in my attic that I didnt' use.

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"