28 29 30        
Old 03-27-2006, 08:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to g7miami
Not Ranked     
Cool End to Superformance Coupe?

There is a Superformance Coupe at Barrett Jackson - Palm Beach this weekend that says," It is the final car in a limited run of 100 Coupes produced by Superformance."

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/event....asp?id=184089

What exactly to you make of this?

Is the Superformance Coupe limited to 100 units?

Please comment.

Last edited by g7miami; 03-27-2006 at 08:47 PM..
Old 04-01-2006, 06:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Sold for $250,000.00 what a crock.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Brock Coupe #88, Keith Craft 427w
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by '65 Cobra
Sold for $250,000.00 what a crock.
I think you mean, "What a BROCK!"
Old 04-01-2006, 09:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, FE, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Maybe I'm missing something here. Why would anyone pay 250K for a car they can duplicate brand new for less than half that? Was there something special about this car that I'm not aware of? There was a gorgeous red SPF coupe available recently for less than 100K. Was this one THAT much nicer or better? I'm confused......
Old 04-02-2006, 06:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4000, 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767Jockey
Maybe I'm missing something here. Why would anyone pay 250K for a car they can duplicate brand new for less than half that? Was there something special about this car that I'm not aware of? There was a gorgeous red SPF coupe available recently for less than 100K. Was this one THAT much nicer or better? I'm confused......
(1) The car was a "copy" , paint scheme that is, of CSX?2287, the ?most prized daytona coupe.

(2) This one was specifically endorsed be CS himself, as 1 of 1.

(3) It was auctioned at B-J.
"After jumping into an early lead, Miles pitted for no reason. He let the entire field go by before re-entering the race. The crowd was jumping up and down as he stunned the Chevrolet drivers by easily passing the entire field to finish second behind MacDonald's other team Cobra. The Corvette people were completely demoralized."
Old 04-02-2006, 02:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SUPERFORMANCE DAYTONA COUPE, 2004, ROUSH 402R,515HP, 500 FT. LBS TORQUE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by g7miami
There is a Superformance Coupe at Barrett Jackson - Palm Beach this weekend that says," It is the final car in a limited run of 100 Coupes produced by Superformance."

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/event....asp?id=184089

What exactly to you make of this?

Is the Superformance Coupe limited to 100 units?

Please comment.
I haved been wondering about this also. I have "heard" that the current Brock Coupe will be re-designed after the first 100 have been produced by High Tech Ind. and Superformance. I have no idea as to what the definition of "re-designed" is now.Just speculation on my part but maybe this all has to do with Shelby and Superformance settling their "differences" and was part of the agreement between the two. Or maybe someone has worked a 3-way deal between Ford, Shelby, and Superformance relating to Ford's launching their Coupe concept car as a follow on to the GT.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Brock Coupe w/ Roush 402RC
Not Ranked     

There will be no more Series I Coupes. Production was shut down while they retool for some design changes. I do not believe there will be any cosmetic changes. Several little issues that many of the Coupe owners provided as feedback items are being addressed and incorporated into the newer version. Nothing major, just all the little irritants of a low production, hand built masterpiece
Superformance Coupe #49
Old 04-03-2006, 09:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Does anyone know if it's possible to order a SPF coupe with a narrowed rear axle?

I'd like to put 15" Halibrands on the car with correct width and backspacing to make the car look closer to the original.

Thanks for your replies
Mike
Old 04-03-2006, 09:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1374 with 392 RDI Stroker
Not Ranked     

CoupeCrazy,
I believe someone told me the re-designed Coupe will allow easier access in getting in and out of the car. Don't know how they will do this, but it is a good idea.

Mark
Old 04-03-2006, 11:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober
CoupeCrazy,
I believe someone told me the re-designed Coupe will allow easier access in getting in and out of the car. Don't know how they will do this, but it is a good idea.

Mark
Mark,
The only thing I can think of regarding access has already been done. SPF added keylocks to the doors because owners were getting locked out quite often (the electric "poppers" sometimes do not work).

Doug
Old 04-03-2006, 12:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPC Brock/Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe 51, Roush 427IR, also full custom 600+ HP Austin Healey and Ferrari Daytona spyder
Not Ranked     

That would have been correct but so many orders have come in that the coupe will remain in production and the changes will be made on a rolling basis. Many of the changes should be able to be incorporated into the first 100 coupes.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPC Brock/Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe 51, Roush 427IR, also full custom 600+ HP Austin Healey and Ferrari Daytona spyder
Not Ranked     

Hi Doug,
Not everyone, including Lance, is so happy with the look of the door locks. Lance's solution is and has been to keep a spare trunk key under the hood (or where ever) in the event you get locked out or the poppers don't pop and go in through the rear hatch. Awkward but it works.
BTW, I like your car's description, "It's coming together quite nicely." Say "Hello" to Erik.
BTW again, the factory makes an open side pipe which was on the Sebring tribute car that Dennis built for the BJ Auction. Lance and I ordered a set each. Check with me when it comes (whenever) and I'll let you know how it works. No sense reinventing the wheel if it works out okay.
Regards,
Ron
Old 04-03-2006, 01:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron,
I'm just happy that I got mine before they put the locks in. Something about the key locks in the door just seems wrong. Hopefully they are looking for a solution in the next production run so they will not need the bandaid...

Take care,
Doug

PS - Still thinking about your Healey - AWESOME!!!
Old 04-03-2006, 01:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Doug,
If it was me, I would put something accessable through the rear wheel well so it would be out of sight (something like how I located the hood release on the Healey through the front wheel well) but I can live with going through the rear hatch. Glad you liked the Healey. Someday we can go out when the CHP and Sheriffs are not around although who knows when that will be.
Ron
Old 04-04-2006, 01:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to g7miami
Not Ranked     
Default Carroll Shelby - Peter Brock

I was at the Palm Beach auction to see the Brock Coupe sale. The Ford GT that jumped in front sold for $530,000. I was shocked/happy when the Brock Coupe came up next and sold for $250,000.

I remember seeing Carroll pushing around a walker in the FORD VIP section before the cars went onstage. I did not notice if it also had a 427.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Not only did it have a 427, it had digital fuel injection (dfi), and open side pipes.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

That's one he11 of a walker...

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 04-11-2006, 03:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupecrazy
There will be no more Series I Coupes. Production was shut down while they retool for some design changes. I do not believe there will be any cosmetic changes. Several little issues that many of the Coupe owners provided as feedback items are being addressed and incorporated into the newer version. Nothing major, just all the little irritants of a low production, hand built masterpiece

Any idea when we can order this 'newer' version?
Old 04-11-2006, 08:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I was told this past weekend that they are back in production. I did not hear anything about lead times. I would suggest call Hillbank Motors (www.hillbankusa.com) or your closest SPF dealer.

Doug
Old 04-24-2006, 10:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF
Not Ranked     

Money+Marketing=Sales. Without that, you cant sell a gold brick for a dollar in this industry.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: