Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2006, 05:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default carlisle

Welp, I went to Carlisle again this year and SV had really nice coupe there - in racing trim. Blue with yellow stripes. Chatted with Dana from SV and he was very helpful. Can't say enough how nice he is.

The SPF coupe was there also... and they're new GT40. The sales guy told me to forget it when I asked if I could sit in it - ERA said the same about their GT40 - I'm too tall.

I also checked out the FFR mid engine car - I actually fit my 6'5" body into the drivers seat. It's like sitting in a bunker. Just want to point out that it was a little piece of torture getting in and out...

Not much in cars for sale. There was A FFR roadster. The show field had some nice vintage TVR's and a few Panteras

ANyway, planning a trip to SV's plant sometime soon. Hoping to determine with some certainty whether I can build / modify a coupe that I can fit into AND be comfortable.

Anybody else go to Carlise this weekend?
Mike
Old 05-22-2006, 06:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB
...Anybody else go to Carlise this weekend?
Mike
Same question, where are the pix for us poor folk who couldn't get there.......

Enjoyment may be 9/10's anticipation, but that last 10% is oh so sweet....
Old 05-22-2006, 06:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2682, Roush 427
Not Ranked     

Went Friday..... some rain..... a few laughs watching a 6'5" guy try to find a car he would fit in!!! My wife liked the Regal T-Bird on display. I told her she could have one when I looked at the 650HP under the hood!

Chet
Old 05-22-2006, 06:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to mj_duell
Not Ranked     

We were there. Turn Ten Racing that is along with D&D Cobra. I met a few CC members at our trailer and I also stole away a few times to guwk at the ERA 40's. I also had a close look at RCR's aluminum monocoque chassis for their new P4 and GT40 replicas, one word "Beautiful". There are only a few pictures on our site at the moment, but I will be posting more soon.

--Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCHWER
Went Friday..... some rain..... a few laughs watching a 6'5" guy try to find a car he would fit in!!! My wife liked the Regal T-Bird on display. I told her she could have one when I looked at the 650HP under the hood!

Chet
Well, that wasn't me, I was there on Saturday. But obviously another frustrated tall person

Mike
Old 05-23-2006, 05:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to mj_duell
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB
Well, that wasn't me, I was there on Saturday. But obviously another frustrated tall person

Mike
Just an off-topic FYI. We can adjust our jigs to drop the floor pan, move the rear passenger wall back, drop the foot wells and move the footbox wall out for very tall drivers in our EVO 5 framed rollers and TKM's. We heard about the tall driver problem over and over at Carlisle.

--Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:44 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

I got there on Sunday around 1:30 and it looked like many people had left already. I found the ERA cars right about the time they started to drive their cars off to the trailers.

I'm 6'2" and asked if I would fit in their cars. One of their customers let me sit in his 427. I think it was black with yellow stripes and had a purple PA antique car plate. Anyway with the drivers seat all the way back I had to stretch to push the clutch to the floor. They suggested a smaller steering wheel could help.

As they started a couple of the cars, my 3 year old son was holding his ears. I asked him if I should get one of those noisy cars. And he said "Mom won't let you get one, she wants a minivan."