Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 01:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR; 427W 6 speed IRS
Not Ranked     
Default Announcing... The 2010 24 hours of Cobras

If you like spending time driving your Cobra, and hanging out with other Cobra lovers, this event is for you.

Presented by the Deep South Cobra Club; Last years event was called the 24 heures de Floride, and was held in central Florida. It was a great event, with over 60 Cobras, GT40s, and other cars participating. The prime feedback was... more rural roads, and more time to socialize. This year, you will get your wish. Here is the plan...

Thursday, March 25. Travel to Tallahassee, Fl. The DSCC has blocked 60 rooms at the Holiday Inn on N. Monroe, for $85 per night. There is lots of parking, including a huge area just for trailers, and on site security 24x7.

Friday, March 26. A day trip into Southern Georgia and Alabama. This drive will feature small country towns, charming eateries, some awesome local sights, and all are connected with empty and winding rural roads. The day will be capped by spending time with your fellow Cobra lovers at a local resturant.

Saturday, March 27. Both morning and afternoon will bring no stress cruises around the Tallahassee area. You will enjoy light traffic and a few of the wonderful canopy roads that surround the area. Stops will include some time at the excellent Tallahassee Automobile Museum. There will be an evening drive to one of the area's large cruise-ins, followed by a group dinner.

Sunday, March 28. A group breakfast followed by trips home.

So, mark those calendars. I will post updates here as needed, but you will find more info and registration instructions at the Deep South Cobra Club's website: www.deepsouthcobraclub.cloverpad.org/

Y'all take care, Ricky
Old 01-26-2010, 12:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

Ricky,
It seems you have more info than Randy or Larry or our web site.
Taken from the DSCC web site:
The date and location has been set for the 2010 24 Heures Tour De Florida. March 26th and 27th in Tallahasee Florida. Randy Dender is currently working on the details. Check back for full details and registration. Randy already has some spectacular roads picked out. If your a driver, you will love this event.

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.
(No doubt, most will blame it on the donuts.)
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

I just got the March issue of Classic Motorsports, and there was a brief article (with picture) about the Deep South Cobra Club in the "Club Corner" section.

Very cool!

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 01-26-2010, 03:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got the Bug View Post
I just got the March issue of Classic Motorsports, and there was a brief article (with picture) about the Deep South Cobra Club in the "Club Corner" section.

Very cool!
That must be a great magazine when they know more than the guys running the show. If you pick up a copy of the December issue of Kit Car Builder and turn to page 24-25 you can read about the 2008 Reptile Roundup.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dan, that is because I am part of the team doing the planning. Information on the website will be complete as soon as we get some final details worked out.

Stay tuned either here or on the DSCC website for complete info.

Ricky
Old 01-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Oh, snap! LOL
Old 01-28-2010, 02:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rick,
I'm just pulling your strings hoping for more info sooner as my wife makes plans a year in advance and if I want to participate in Cobra events I have to know way in advance before my calendar is full, as it looks right now I don't know if I can make this one as I have a really full plate for March.

Old 01-28-2010, 03:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

NP Dan, I did not take it negatively.

Take care,
Old 01-31-2010, 07:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Registration is open

Go to the DSCC website, http://deepsouthcobraclub.cloverpad.org/

You can formally register for the event, as well as find many other details for this event.

I can assure you it is well planned, and will be a great time with lots of socializing with other Cobra enthusiats, and some wonderful driving and sight seeing to make it all exciting.

Ricky
Old 02-01-2010, 07:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 351W/427ci
Not Ranked     

This event addresses all the excellent feedback we got from last year's 24 Heures. All back roads, no interstates, slower pace, lots of stops, and most importantly; lots of time to drink...er...socialize.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That 24 Heures thing is really catchy ! Don't worry about Dan as he will probably get confused and spend the weekend at Silver Springs !
Old 02-02-2010, 01:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Johan,
Silver Springs is good not as far north as Tallahassee and the way this winter is going so far maybe a lot warmer. Sorry to say I will not be making it to the 24 hour tour this year as all my weekends are tied up in March.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Lots of people opt for community service...
Old 02-03-2010, 08:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We'll miss you Dan, I know you love to drive.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Randy,
I will be all over those same roads in the month of April when I drive all the way out to Vegas and then back again but I have to take my SS Trailblazer as the wife plans on bringing luggage.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Here's the description from the DSCC.US website

The Deep South Cobra Club announces the dates of March 25, 26, and 27 for the second annual 24 Heures De La Floride. We invite you to attend this cruising and socializing event. We will begin gathering at the Hoilday Inn Hotel & Suites, 2725 Graves Road, Tallahassee, FL 32303 on Thurday evening the 25th. Call them directly at (850) 536-2000 and ask for the special Deep South Cobra Club room rate of $85 per night. Check-in with Randy Dender and Ricky Harper to pick up event materials and t-shirts in the lobby from 7PM to 10PM Thursday evening and 7AM to 8AM Friday morning.

On Friday the day will begin with a pleasant drive north along scenic highway 27 before turning west and venturing into the country. Rolling hills and farming hamlets dissected by empty country roads will be the fare until the mid-morning stop. You will not want to miss this one. Deep in the heart of Dixie, we will spend some time at the very photogenic Coleehee Creek covered bridge, which is the southernmost covered bridge in the United States. Nearby, there is an overlook parking area where you can view the mighty Chattahoochee River. The remainder of the morning will find us driving through the lovely long rolling hills that characterize the area around Fort Gaines and lower Lake George. By noon, we will be in Eufaula, Alabama, and will take a short drive through the beautiful Seth Lore and Irwinton historic district. The architecture of the old homes is wonderful.

Afetr lunch at the Cajun Corner we will begin our journey back to Tallahassee, driving south through eastern Alabama. We will navigate around Lake George, and by early afternoon will arrive at out afternoon stop near Fort Gaines, Georgia, the Walter F. George Lock. On the eastern side of the Walter F. George Damm, the lock raises and lowers tugs and other boats as much as eighty feet. There are photo opportunites here both at the upper and lower ends of the two-lock system. The remainder of the drive will take us back to the hotel on a more direct but still interesting route. We will arrive in plenty of time to relax and prepare for the evening's seafood dinner, catered by the Seineyard, at Lin Mitchell's Classic Motor Storage facility. He has a great race shop, garage, and stores some pretty cool cars. His site is www.classicmotorstorage.com. Then back to the hotel lounge for more socializing.

Saturday will see deeply shaded canopy roads with graceful curves and elevation changes. We will visit the Tallahassee Automobile Museum, www.tacm.com, in the late morning and then go to lunch at Famous Dave's Barbeque. The afternoon cruise will see more wonderfull canopy roads of matriarch oaks overhanging the roads forming long leafy tunnels. Azaleas and dogwoods will puntuate the green with a rainbow of bright colors. We'll stop at quaint Bradley's Country Store and then work our way over to Reeve's Boat Landing on the shores of Lake Miccosukee where Randy and Ricky have arranged a "southern culinary delight." Winding country roads will take us back into Tallahassee for the monthly cruise-in at What-A-Burger where car enthusiats of all flavors bring their cars and enjoy each others' company. Then back to the hotel to freshen up and prepare for a buffet style dinner at Julie's Place. Then back to the hotel lounge for drinks and comaraderie.

Sunday is breakfast and a safe return home. The hotel has plenty of parking for those who wish to trailer their cars, including tractor trailer rigs, and all night security to watch over everything. If you have questions, please call Randy Dender at (850) 545-6674.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

All the years I lived and drove along the back roads of the Panhandle, I never realized those wide spots along the roads were called hamlets. I guess it makes sense considering that Two Eggs is not far away.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor
Old 02-13-2010, 04:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Come join us, Tommy! We're not too far from you, and I promise you'll have a great time.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Update, one month to the 24 heures event...

All of our plans have come together. This is going to be a great event, so if you have been on the fence, let me tantalize you...

The Friday drive will be a lot of fun, with some fantastic scenery. There may even be some 'locals' out to see the parade when we go through their little town. I planned this route, and I promise it will be an enjoyable drive, with some fun diversions and a great lunch stop.

Friday night will be something very special. We will dine among the cars at Classic motor storage. They have some fantastic cars there, including a Porsche Carerra GT. In addition, A local guy with an original 427 Comp car will be joining us for dinner, and may have one of his two CSX 2xxx comp Cobras on display as well. (These cars are still campaigned in vintage racing events)

Saturday's drive will be around Tallahassee with less miles, but still wonderful scenery as we will spend some time on the beautiful canopy roads that are prevalent around Tallahassee. Trust me guys, there is some good driving in this area. There will be a special 'southern culinary treat' to be enjoyed at one of the stops. Our friend with the original 427 Comp Cobra plans to join us for some or all of the drive.

Saturday night we will enjoy a local cruise-in for a short while, and then some fine dining at a local restaurant.

So, get this on your calendar; And I have a personal challenge for all you AL, GA, SC, NC, and TN Cobra owners. I have heard many of you say the DSCC only does stuff in South Florida. Well, here is your chance to show club leadership that events planned in other locales will draw a crowd!

We currently have 20 cars registered. We are expecting a couple of GT40s, a Daytona Coupe, an Eleanor Mustang, some original Cobras, and who knows what else. Make your dream ride a part of the fun!
Old 03-01-2010, 12:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five, 351 Winsor
Not Ranked     
Default 2010 Tour

Is there anybody from down south going on the tour maybe we can meet up and go to gether