28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 06:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     
Default Anyone know this Cobra around Jupiter, FL?

Hi,
For the life of me, I can't get any information from the owner of this car other than his asking price.

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/col/cto/1811595280.html

It seems like there must be some strong mechanicals under the hood to support the supposed power levels, and to support the higher sale price than other similar models on the market at the moment.

The sensible part of me is saying to run a mile if the owner (Tom) is unable or unwilling to help me make an informed decision, but the other part of me thinks that if someone else knows the car and can vouch for it's condition and/or performance I might reconsider it.

Thanks for any help.

Craig
Old 08-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M / Power Performance / 521 stroker / Holley HP EFI
Not Ranked     

750hp,

You mean this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1966-...1?cmd=ViewItem

It seems to have a home in several widely separated Florida cities......

I wouldn't send any dough to Nigeria for it, that's for sure!

Tom
Old 08-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #698 428 Toploader
Not Ranked     

It has a chevy small block engine in it. You sure you want that?
Old 08-03-2010, 04:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: EM cobra, 450 inch sbc running a best ET of 9.14..so far..ALL MOTOR...approx 800 horse.............ERA with 482 FE..All Aluminum Engine
Send a message via Yahoo to Hotfingrs
Not Ranked     

What's wrong with a small block chevy....
Old 08-03-2010, 05:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #698 428 Toploader
Not Ranked     

Nothing at all, just isnt the authentic choice for a Cobra in most peoples opinion. Limits the market for resale.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tom - yep, that's the one. I was highest bidder. I know that my default address for Ebay is different to my current address, so that might be a simple answer about the locations (obviously I'd make further enquiries before sending money to anyone, just in case...) I might have got the guy offside for offering less than his asking price via Craigslist, but everyone must surely be prepared to negotiate a little to make the sale. That's why if you want to sell something for $20, you advertise it for $22. Play the negotiation game to let it go for $20, then everyone's happy!

All the guy will say is that his car is worth the asking price because it's the fastest and best replica on the market. So now that we've established that he's ignorant, arrogant or clueless, I still really like the look of the car.

...and Ed, regarding engine style, I honestly don't care what engine's in it. To import a car into Australia, I need one that's at least built before 1989, but preferably before 1981. Limits the options somewhat. If the car really does have a 600hp small block, that's completely fine by me. Aussies aren't all that caught up in engine styles, and for that matter the SBC was the default engine for Arntz back in the day. One of their factory built FE cars would be nice though. I'm still mainly a Ford fan, even though I bought my first Chev recently. At least it's an 8-71 supercharged 496, so it should make as much power as a Ford! Just kidding Jack

I was really hoping that someone would come on here and say "yeah, I know the car - it's an awesome machine, but the owner is a PITA to deal with. Let me talk to him for you...!"
Old 08-08-2010, 01:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #985 Custom Pro/ Street Race Car, full cage, dry sump 427W and G Force T-56 Fully Street Legal!!
Not Ranked     

I've been in Jupiter since 95, and had one form or another of a Cobra in the garage since 98. Never seen or heard of this one. The only local GM powered snake that I know of is a really bada$$ LS2 carbed track car.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Saw It Last Week

Just so you know, I am new to this site. I became interested in Cobras about six months ago and have been doing the requsite research since. Still don't know what I want; so started looking at everything I could see in person. Anyway, this car is not far from me so I decided to take a look. If I can help, let me know.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Bailey - interesting that you haven't seen it around when you're in the area. You have to get some photos of your car in the gallery - what a weapon of a Cobra!!!

Gottago - I'm about to send you a Private Message, and I am very keen to hear from you. Thanks!
Old 08-09-2010, 05:37 AM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Send a message via AIM to EarlsflyinCobra
Not Ranked     

Have someone check the tag for ownership..................just my 2 cents worth.......
Old 08-09-2010, 05:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Earl - is that an easy thing to do? As per the photo, it's 682VAW...
Old 08-09-2010, 06:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wells View Post

I wouldn't send any dough to Nigeria for it, that's for sure!

Tom
It was my understanding that some of the BEST Cobras come from Nigeria.. am I wrong??
Old 08-09-2010, 06:43 AM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Not Ranked     

If someone on here has a membership to one of the data look up sites they can do it for you, or you can join a site and do it yourself. As an LEO we use to be able to look them up with no problems, however due to some abuse of the system we now need a good reason to run a tag, so, I can't help, other than refer you to one of the sites.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:01 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M / Power Performance / 521 stroker / Holley HP EFI
Not Ranked     

Woodz428,

I think you are correct!

Here's proof: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/1482577.stm

Tom
Old 08-09-2010, 08:54 AM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tom, your just tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny.......roflmao.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wells View Post
Woodz428,

I think you are correct!

Here's proof:
The deputy governor gave him a reward equivalent to $900 in cash and asked him to go back to the village and ensure there were no more snakes lurking in the undergrowth.

Tom
Haha, but you and I know that this isn't quite correct. The snake charmer was in reality a King, and his $900 reward was actually $900 Million.

The King has no immediate family and now needs to transfer this fortune out of the country due to political unrest, so you have been carefully chosen to protect the money until he can also leave the country. Please send your banking details, plus a copy of your passport, drivers license and social security number so that the money can be safely transferred to your account. To verify that your bank account can process international transactions, please send a transaction processing fee of $5000 directly to the King's bank account immediately.

Regards,

Mr Lowlife Scammer,
On behalf of the King,
Nigeria