Old 03-07-2011, 11:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR # 184 Roush 402R/TKO500
Not Ranked     
Default 2011 24-Hueres De Floride Tour

Registration is Open

2011 24 Heures De Floride

Here it is folks, the 2011 edition of the 24 Heures de Floride will be our third annual event celebrating the springtime get together of The Deep South Cobra club. Good friends, good food, good roads, good places to visit, and hopefully good weather. We will use Tallahassee, Florida as our central hub like we did last year. Unpack your bags and stay in the same hotel for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. This year’s event will start Thursday night April 7 for a very informal, if-you-can-make-it, dinner at the Red Lobster located at 2583 North Monroe Street, which is just 1.13 miles south of the hotel. From 7 PM to 9 PM they will try to seat us in the same area, just mention the Cobra Club when you enter the restaurant. Check in at the hotel and then come on down if you’d like. No hurry, no definite schedule. You can pick up t-shirts and registration packets beginning at 6 PM in the Holiday Inn lobby. We will have chase trucks following us Friday and Saturday carrying a small assortment of tools, jumper cables, first aid kit, tow strap, coolers full of soft drinks and water, and just for Larry and Bruce, a trailer.
Friday morning we will have a personally guided tour of the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory in Tallahassee, then a tour of the Maule Aircraft Plant in Moultrie, Georgia. Then we have a short and simple time-speed-distance (TSD) Rallye over to Quitman, Georgia where we’ll have lunch at Wiregrass Restaurant and Bar. After lunch we cruise down to Monticello, Florida over some wonderfully scenic roads and then back to the hotel for rest and to clean up for dinner. Dinner will be catered at Classic Motor Storage where there are some very interesting cars and people. This is also where cars broken on Friday will be taken and hopefully repaired.
Saturday brings more scenic cruising over beautiful canopy roads around Tallahassee, a Gimmick Rallye where you’ll have to follow directions, and answer questions. You’ll need to bring a clip board and something to write with. A rubber band at the bottom of the clipboard will keep your instructions from blowing around. We visit an outdoor car show put on by a large local car club at the Tallahassee Automobile Museum. If you missed the museum last year, you’ll have plenty of time to go inside and see one of the most eclectic collections anywhere in captivity. Lunch is just down the road at Famous Dave’s Barbeque, then more canopy roads, a private car collection, a special southern culinary delight, some more cruising, and back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. And thrown in for good measure, you will pick up 5 cards throughout the day to compete in a poker run. Awards and a buffet dinner will be at Julie’s Place, 2901 North Monroe Street, just south of the hotel.
Awards
There will be several awards handed out this year. These awards have been dreamed up by Ricky Harper and Randy Dender and they have invested hundreds of skillful hours handcrafting these beautiful keepsake treasures. These awards will include the “Iron Butt Award” for the Cobra driven, not trailered, the farthest to attend this year’s event, First and second place for the TSD Rallye, First and Second place for the Gimmick Rallye, a “Hard Luck Award”, “Most Directionally Challenged”, and “Poker Run Best Hand”.
Hotels
We have two hotels this year and they are right next door to each other. We have the Holiday Inn & Suites, 2725 Graves Road, Tallahassee, FL 32303. This is the hotel we used last year. They serve breakfast and they have a lounge. Call them direct at (850) 536-2000 and mention the Deep South Cobra Club to reserve your $99 per night rate. Or call the Comfort Inn direct at (850) 562-7200 and mention the Deep South Cobra Club to reserve your $75 per night rate. We have 15 rooms at each hotel, first come first served. Reservation deadline is March 17. There is plenty of parking in the shared lots for trailers.
Entry
Go to the Deep South Cobra Club website, www.dscc.us to register. Entry will include one T-shirt, static cling decals for both doors, Friday night’s catered dinner for one person, the culinary delight, and Saturday night’s catered buffet for one person. You’ll need to order additional dinners and t-shirts as you need them.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five MKIII Roadster
Not Ranked     

I'm registered! Is it too far for you S. Florida guys?
FFR MKIII Roadster #5392
Old 03-12-2011, 08:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M / Power Performance / 521 stroker / Holley HP EFI
Not Ranked     

We're in!

Tom

Last edited by Tom Wells; 03-12-2011 at 08:53 AM..
Old 03-16-2011, 07:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2689 Roush 427R TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Hey, were in again this year comming from Maryland had a blast last year. come on if I can drive 1000 miles you locals can surley drive a few! See you there!

Wildbill
Old 03-18-2011, 07:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBill1965 View Post
Hey, were in again this year comming from Maryland had a blast last year. come on if I can drive 1000 miles you locals can surley drive a few! See you there!

Wildbill
You've have me beat by 97 miles.. Oh well, I bet I burn less gasoline than you! haha.. Have a safe trip down.
FFR MKIII Roadster #5392

Last edited by Stoney FFR; 03-18-2011 at 08:24 PM..
Old 04-02-2011, 03:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm going to have to head back home on Saturday morning. I overlooked the fact that my oldest daughter's last college home softball game is on Sunday. I have to be there, especially since it will be "Senior Day"
FFR MKIII Roadster #5392
Old 04-05-2011, 09:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well guys, I may not be able to make the trip. I'm currently out of town in College Station. A close Uncle of mine went into cardiac arrest yesterday, so depending on news from the doctor later today, I may need to stay here to help support my Aunt and family. You guys have a great time in case I don't make it!
FFR MKIII Roadster #5392
Old 04-10-2011, 03:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 stack injected
Send a message via AIM to Wayne Presley
Not Ranked     

Had a great time at the Tour de Floride in Tallahassee yestrerday. It's a 2 day event that I was only able to go for the last day. Ricky and Randy put together a great event and everyone had a blast. Saturday started at 9 AM with a 70 mile ride through the canopy roads around lower Georgia and panhandle of Florida ending at the Tallahassee Auto museum with a car show out on the front lawn.
From there another short ride to Dave's BBQ for a really good southern lunch. From there went got a special treat to visit a private car collection including a real 427 SC street car and a real 289 FIA cobra.

He has 3 Ferrari's also, a couple of 430's and a 599, RS porsche, Boxster S, real GT350. We take a group shot on his short driveway (real short 1/2 mile or so...)

From there we head over to a little country store for dessert, a moon pie and RC cola! We leave the store another 40 mile though the canopy roads ending up at at the host hotel to clean up for dinner.
Dinner was at Julies Place with a buffet and great company. Everyone had a great time and Ricky Harper made some great trophies out of engine parts welded together.

More pics here http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/c...0de%20floride/
Old 04-10-2011, 03:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Building 289 Lemans / FFR mkIV chassis w/ Bruce Chervenak
Not Ranked     

I'll be there next year, God willing!

Wayne, did you happen to take more pics of 2290? With what I'm building that car is of particular interest.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 04-10-2011, 04:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five and Backdraft #203
Not Ranked     

Well, Wayne pretty well said it all!

Randy and Rick were great hosts! Thank you!!!

The poker run, gimmic rally, and time/speed/distance games really kept everyone on their toes and had our spouses really enjoying to be part of it.
The handmade trophys (welded used car parts) are pieces of art. The bar is set for next year.

Since we have been to Tallahasse for the past 2 years, it was suggested that we should go either west to Alabama, or maybe somewhere in Georgia.
Wayne, I think I heard you volunteer to host it if we go to Alabama.

It may be another year away, but as Randy said last night, it takes a year to put it together.

Thanks again Randy and Rick!

President - Deep South Cobra Club
FFR #1163
BDR #203

Old 04-10-2011, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hmmmm.... those trophies look familiar...
Old 04-10-2011, 05:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmimac351 View Post
I'll be there next year, God willing!

Wayne, did you happen to take more pics of 2290? With what I'm building that car is of particular interest.

Thanks,
Jim
Only 82 http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/c...ionpb/csx2290/

if you see any pics from TDF or CSX2290 albums email me and I'll email the large files.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I knew you did. Thanks Wayno...
Old 04-10-2011, 06:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jim, looks like i gotta order up some red gellcoat
Old 04-10-2011, 06:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bruce... red or black I can't decide... everyone should have these problems. I'll tell you one thing, that 2290 looks like a race car to me and the color shows the Comp flare lines awefully purdy. That, or a Guardsman blue with Wimbledon white stripe. Just what the world needs... another blue cobra. No offense to my blue cobra brethren...
Old 04-10-2011, 08:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

enough pics for you to replicate?
Old 04-11-2011, 09:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Presley View Post
Only 82 http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/c...ionpb/csx2290/

if you see any pics from TDF or CSX2290 albums email me and I'll email the large files.
Haha.. You never know what you'll find when you start looking around in Photobucket accounts. I liked the photo of Russ too!

FFR MKIII Roadster #5392
Old 04-11-2011, 06:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Presley View Post
enough pics for you to replicate?
Wayne - Bruce and I have been looking at lots of different cars for ideas. It'll definitely have the comp flares on the back, not 100% sure what is happening up front. Tires / wheels are a big part of the decision.

Thanks again for taking and sharing these pictures.

Jim
Old 04-15-2011, 08:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2689 Roush 427R TKO 600
Not Ranked     

A great time in Flordia again, thanks Ricky and Randy. Looking forward to next year, make it 3 in a row from the tax state of Maryland axually maybe we will be retired and be in Flordia.

Bill