Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2001, 12:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M Cobra - RCR GT40
Not Ranked     

Jerry,

When you say turn 3A was added to avoid coming off 4 into the pit area, that means we are reversing the direction of travel we used during October's event, but that does not allow any coast down time/distance to exit the track after coming thru turn 8 on the final lap. Am I correct in how I'm reading this?

Mike
Old 11-07-2001, 01:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jerry--

Course looks good, probably not a bad idea to get rid of all those tricky turns we had last time and give the straight-line cars a chance to show their stuff.

I'll see you then--

Rick
Old 11-07-2001, 01:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC, Ford 464 C.I.D. 535 H.P.
Not Ranked     

Mike, yes, we will run counter-clockwise this time. On lap five (as signalled by the turn marshall) you slow going into the chicane and then exit the track by making a sharp 90 deg left (after turn 8) back to the pit area, where it says "OFF".

Rick, it's faster, but still should keep speeds down to 100mph on the backstraight out of turn 4 to turn 5. The two chicanes will make it very interesting!
Jerry

Last edited by jerry rowley; 11-07-2001 at 01:17 PM..
Old 12-06-2001, 05:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I hope to be able to make it this time. Unfortunately, I had to work during the last Gainesville event. If my schedule doesn't change, I'll be there.

Jer
Old 12-08-2001, 08:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Last Chance To Sign Up!

Come on guys, we need drivers! Sign up is cut off "club only" as of Dec. 31st. I have four Corvettes ready to go, so hurry up and get those deposits in.

Jerry Rowley
Old 12-08-2001, 10:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter 427, 5.0 (302)
Not Ranked     

come on guys I need Christmas money...err...deposits

Are you men or girly men? Do you own a Cobra or a Garden Snake? Are you a Driver or a Waxer? We need real men & women to defend the Cobra honor against the advancing Vettes.

If you do not sign up you will be permantly shamed and forced to trade your cobra on a clapped out Chevette.

I only have one word. GUMBALL!
Old 12-10-2001, 01:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Wink Girly men, garden snakes, waxers and clapped out Chevettes???

Ruble,

You're not pulling any punches at all, are you!! All you left out were the buc, buc, buc and meow sound effects.....

How many deposits have you actually received? Are we still at ten or have you gotten the minimum twelve by now?

I would love to see a full field of DSCC/CC members show up, but "times a wastin'" and you guys (and gals?) sitting on the fence (you know who you are ) should just make up your minds and send in your deposits ASAP!! As a first timer myself for the Oct. 13th event, I can attest that it was a no-pressure, low risk event and you'll have a great time driving your car the way that it's meant to be driven. I don't want to scuff up my paint any more than anyone else, but the pure joy of throwing it through tight corners and going WOT on the straights, far outweighs any silly concern for cosmetics.... (at least it does for me!!)

I sure hope DV shows up with at least one of his ten cylinder monsters, that alone'd be worth the price of admission.....

Mike
Old 12-10-2001, 05:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have only 12 deposits so far. The rest of you need to decide if you want to buy your spouse Christmas present or have fun.
Old 12-11-2001, 12:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question What the ?????

Hey, I just read Joe Smith's thread on the other forum regarding this topic. In that post, Joe made the statement that the mandatory driver's brief, signing of waivers and final payment is scheduled for Friday evening at the Hampton Inn, instead of Saturday morning at the track.

Now, I understand the reasons for such a decision, but I was completely unaware of that decision and I'm sure I'm not the only one. That also forces me to get a room at the Inn instead of driving straight to the track from home in the AM, something I hadn't been planning on.

Please let everyone who has sent in a deposit know that that is the case, because I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere in this or any other thread.

Mike
Old 12-11-2001, 02:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I think Jerry stated this on a earlier thread. I will have to get a room but there are a few drivers that live nearby that might have a problem with this. Jerry, Dan & Joe we need to adddress this. Some people may not be able to get off work early on friday and might not be able to attend a friday night meeting. If I remember correctly some people did not arrive until midnight last time.

If it is only a couple of drivers then it should not be a problem. I vote to let them come to the track and get teched but they have to run in the second group.
Old 12-11-2001, 07:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The Friday night registration, tech & drivers meeting stated right up front. If we make an exception for one, we must for all. If this is a big problem, we can change it to 6AM Saturday morning, or we can do it at the track. The idea was to get it done first so that we can spend the day running and not talking. I'm open to what everybody wants to do. NOTHING is fixed in concrete except the NO spectator rule this time. The gate will be LOCKED as we go in together on Saturday. The rest we can change if necessary. We still have a month to figure it out.

Jerry
Old 12-12-2001, 12:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Red face My apologies Jerry!!!

Yup, says it right up front on the first page of the thread....

It must not have (dare I say?) "registered" when I first read it....

Don't change anything Jerry, I just mistakenly thought it was going to be done the same as last time. Quite honestly, anything that gives us more track time on Saturday is the right thing to do and I'm for it. We definitely wasted too much time with that stuff last time!!

I guess I'd better get busy and call the Hampton Inn...

Mike
Old 12-12-2001, 03:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KIRKHAM 427 S/C, SHELBY 427 ALUM. STROKER
Not Ranked     

Jerry;
I was going to run in this event but it is now painfully apparent
that my car will not be done in time.
I thought I would drive up anyway and observe/ help out if thats ok, but whats the " no spectator" rule ? Does it apply to
DSCC members? I would think not, but let me know.
Old 12-12-2001, 04:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Motorhead, the spectator rule applies to everyone, but, if you are a working member of a driven cars pit crew and are willing to work turns, then you are NOT a spectator. Everyone MUST come-in first thing in the morning as the gate will then be locked and we will be a half mile from the gate.
Jerry
Old 12-12-2001, 04:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default SUBMIT DEADLINE

Jerry,

It is my intention to attend "G'ville all over again". Santa Claus is deep into my pocket at the moment Hey, is that why you put your 2nd Cobra up for sale? So you could buy the Mrs. a really nice Christmas gift? Am going to pay for track, but probably will not run real hard(I don't want to scare your big block ), because of my VERY street tires, and rookie status. Who knows, by Feb. I may be a run and gun! Anyway, you can count me in, and believe it when the checks in the mail!! Looking forward to it...

Fred
Old 12-17-2001, 08:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default deposits so far

> Jerry Rowley
> Ruble Moore
> Joe Smith
> Tim Matthews
> Jim Pomroy
> Lorie Pomroy
> Mike Iodice
> Ed Kamptner
> Ken Collett
> Tom Jones
> Chris Allen
> Mike Chambliss

If you sent me a deposit and I donot have you listed e-mail m at aumoore@aol.com
Old 12-18-2001, 10:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OK you would be racers, only 13 days left to sign up and be assured a spot on the track! Three or four Corvettes are waiting in the wings with their money in-hand. They had so much fun beating the Cobras last time, they can hardly wait to do it again!

All you hot dogs that think Cobras are faster than Vettes, come and help us try to prove it.

Actually, this is NOT a competetive event. We are going to have assigned timers and are trying to get the Vette Club's electronic timing gear (probably will since I'm First Vice President now) and will have UNOFFICIAL lap times available for those interested to see how they are doing. This is a learning session. You can ride with older drivers to learn. Come one, come all, NOW is the time!

Old 12-19-2001, 04:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'm happy to sign up and send my money. The only way for me to come is to drive down Friday night, being there first thing Saturday morning (prior to 8:30). Without re-reading this whole thread, is that acceptable ? I gather that it is not acceptable, but you are scraping the bottom of the barrel here for participants. Furthermore, the closest I can come on tires are Goodyear vintage treaded race tires. They look like street tires, but are not D.O.T. rated.The car will have some sort of mufflers(At least when I start it). Is this acceptable ? I don't want any special favors, so don't mind telling me to get lost if this goofs up your event.
regards,
J.W.

Last edited by Johan; 12-19-2001 at 04:35 AM..
Old 12-19-2001, 08:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

John I sent you an e-mail. Please read the e-mail and please signup. We will figure it out.
Jerry
Old 12-19-2001, 08:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks Jerry, now I have an excuse to get the car running....