Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2001, 06:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Track day in S.Carolina Dec. 1

track day at Carolina Motorsports Park Saturday, Dec 1 , 2001. I am not going to beg anybody to come, but it is available for those interested. The track time will be split between competition (actual wheel to wheel racing for holders of competition liscenses)and track time (track driving with passing restrictions and car/driver must be properly equipped). The competition portion has some Winston cup cars and Lola can am cars and should be interesting .....
Maybe some of you guys would like to try the track time ?Cost will be under $200 per car/driver.
regards,
John
Old 10-26-2001, 12:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

John--

This is what I've been waiting for, what do you need from me.

As I don't yet have a competition license, it will be lapping for me but thats just fine. Let me know where to sign up

Thanks, Rick
Old 11-01-2001, 06:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC, Ford 464 C.I.D. 535 H.P.
Not Ranked     

Hey John I sure wish I could get up there for that run. I would love to get my car on a big track. Unfortunately, too many committments right now. Maybe next year I can give it a try. The little tracks we run on down here are great fun, but, we don't get any real speed up on the short straights.

Jerry
Old 11-01-2001, 07:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Go to WWW.Worldcarz.com and check with Steve re: required equipment for car and driver.
This is best described as a long,long,small track.
A series of 16 or so curves separated by short straightaways, compared to Road Atlanta's 12 curves and longer straights.
This is a great opportunity for us to improve our driving skills, and It is on the schedule for Sunday the 2nd also, which may be the only day I can make it.
Either way or day I don't want to miss the last chance to run the cars of the year.
Time to eat Haloween candy,See ya...
J.W.
Old 11-26-2001, 10:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Dec 1 is almost here..........so far, Rick Brownyard and Kieth Mcfarland have shown an interest, so see ya at the track !
J.W.
Old 11-26-2001, 02:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking

John--

I'm wired and inspired. If its not rainin', I'm runnin' (only have slicks!). I'm also looking forward to speaking with you about the Lola.

Any thoughts on which days you will be there? I'm going to have to pick one day or the other-- Sunday is preferrable given the social committments my wife and I have for a couple of charities, but my priorities are not totally screwed up by such things!

Rick
Old 11-26-2001, 02:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'm shootin for sat, because sometimes there is not enough interest or participation to warrant running on Sunday too. The weather will be the biggest factor though. I will know more when the weekend is a little closer. Are you bringing the Porsche ?
Old 11-26-2001, 02:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

John--

Saturday works for me-- I'll just have to scramble a bit to get the trailer loaded friday night. I'm planning on just bringing the cobra. Even though the track looks perfect for the Porsche, I want some more track time in the FIA. I really need to break down and buy a for real race car, but as yet I haven't made myself knowledgeable enough to select an entry-level ride. See you Sat.

Rick
Old 11-28-2001, 10:37 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars (sold)
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

My wife and I plan to be there (well, at least me ). I'll try to bring the digital camera this time, so any wipe-outs and 100-mph skids can be caught on film for the CC folks!

You bringin' the '40, John?

See you guys there!

Keith
Old 11-28-2001, 11:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Keith--

I certainly hope that the 100mph skid remark wasn't addressed to yours truly.

By the way, just how long will it take before Southern Automitive completes your motor? I recall distinctly esplaining to you how you could finance your cobra through the sale of bodily fluids. This voyeurism has got to stop. Roll up your sleeve, drink the O.J. and get with the program. See you there.

Rick
Old 11-29-2001, 07:36 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking

Rick,

I was specifically referring to John's Porsche-driving friend who got sideways at 100 MPH on the main stretch last time.

Yea, yea, yea... I know. I need to get that engine done. I forgot all about the blood donations! Hmm... I need to look into that again. How much did you say they pay for a pint? Needles don't scare me none (especially after getting 8 rabies shots recently - but that's another story).

Keith
Old 12-03-2001, 06:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Everyone-

John was right, World Cars events are a blast. Safe, well organized and very laid back. For those of you willing to let it hang out a bit, I highly recommend their program.

John--

It was really great having a chance to meet you and see those wonderful cars of yours. Thanks for bringing World Cars and Carolina Motorsports park to my attention. Great people and a really fast and fun track.

I had a blast running my FIA and it was really worth the drive to participate. Even though I had to leave early to get back to my charity event, I felt that my time and money had been well spent. I plan on attending more events with World Cars in the future.

BUT-- I will probably be driving a different car. I have been bitten by the bug and after attending World Cars on Saturdaay, I went down to Roebling Road for the Porsche Club event. I have signed up for a drivers school there in january and am committed to building a Porsche 944 for club and SCCA racing for next year. I'm keeping the Cobra for street fun and our club events.

Keith-- good seeing you again, sell blood!

rick
Old 12-03-2001, 06:30 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Click HERE for the pics!!

I must echo Rick's comments above. I had a blast and enjoyed the event as a spectator and a passenger (thanks Rick!). BTW guys, if you would like some hi-res copies of any (or all) of these pics, just email me and I'll send them.

I'm gonna call the Red Cross today and ask about rates.

Keith
Old 12-03-2001, 06:31 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile

And one of John's cars...
Old 12-03-2001, 10:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

Keith,
It looks like another nice day, boy I'm glad we picked you instead of rainman Wade. I can see nice weather for April, 2002. Keep up the good work.

Dan
Old 12-03-2001, 12:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Boy was that fun. It was nice to see Kieth again(although he did not look as pale as I had hoped), as well as meet Rick and Mark, both of whom have nice cars and are good drivers. There is not much of a better deal in this world than to sit in a chair at turn one and watch loud, fast ,and beautiful cars go by. Thanks for the pictures, Kieth. I am glad you guys made it.
regards,
J.W.
Old 12-03-2001, 02:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Something for everyone

JOHN WOERHEIDE ,
Dscc April 2002 Scheduled Events
I hope you are coming to our April, 2002 outting to run the 3/8 high bank track provided by Bill Parham's friend. I would love to see that nice red car in this post, but because this is a Cobra event I hope you will bring the Cobra. Maybe you could bring both. Bob Olthoff of SPF is going to give a little seminar on racing and should be interesting for all of us even if we are not going to run the course. See everyone in April.

Dan
Old 12-03-2001, 02:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I hate to seem less than enthusiastic, but I don't see myself on a short high banked oval in a Cobra. You could cover the windshield with cardboard and drive that track, meaning that you sort of look up as you are driving. If you get screwed up, you can come down then go back up and hit the wall at about 60 degrees. I thought you guys thought racing was dangerous....., and now you come up with this ?
My wife thinks April 12 is our wedding aniversary, so can we put up a "happy aniversary" banner at the party so she thinks the Cobra meet is a party for us ? Probably the only way I can come.
regards,
J.W. (chicken little)
Old 12-06-2001, 05:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter 427, 5.0 (302)
Not Ranked     

Dear Mrs. WOERHEIDE

The boys and I want to play with John and his wonderful toys this spring so can he come out and play??? Please cannhe huh? Huh? If you come maybe you and all the other Bosses..er...wives will get really nice gifts tis year.

your friends with big expensive toys
Deep South Cobra Club
Old 12-06-2001, 08:55 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

Keith, that 944 you snapped pics of is from Atlanta, right? I am in the process of buying it if I can sell the M-B.

John, you are my idol If that is your chopper (based on the initials), did you get in there under IFR/foggy conditions? Assume it wasn't that foggy when you flew in.

Last edited by ToyCollector; 12-06-2001 at 08:58 AM..