Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2001, 06:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Turkey Run

DSSC GANG,

Well, I'm street legal with a tag and insurance!! It was certainly Cobra weather in our area today...68 degrees and blue skys. What a ball my FIA is. Guys, I'm thinking about driving over to the Turkey Run on Friday. Does anyone know the road less traveled off I95, which will take me into the speedway area. I know the main turn off to get there. However, someone was mentioning to me that there is a way to get there which will get around a lot of the heavy traffic from the main exit off the interstate. I would love to get up with Alan and Maurice at the Unique area, as well as hook up with some of you guys. Please let me know if any of you know what I'm talking about. Otherwise, can you give me a heads up on getting to the Unique area? Thanks!!

Fred
Old 11-20-2001, 06:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates S/C, Ford 460
Not Ranked     
Cool Fred, try this....

Try this link for directions:

http://www.carshows.org/tgeninfo.html

I may try to drive over on Saturday.......
Old 11-21-2001, 10:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Thanks!!

Joe,

Thanks for the Turkey Run site. I'm going to give it a go on Friday.

Fred
Old 11-25-2001, 10:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

Fred,

Just got back from the Turkey Run, spent all day Saturday at the event. You missed both Jerry and I because he took off Friday. I will be soaking my feet for the next week or so. I'm glad I went HUGE event. Met MikeI with his all black Everett Morrison and his buddy Chuck with his brand new ERA in blue/white. I wish you had made the trip on Saturday I wanted to see your car.

Dan & Jean
Old 11-26-2001, 06:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M Cobra - RCR GT40
Not Ranked     
Talking

Dan, it was indeed a pleasure to meet you and your lovely wife. Jean is a real sweetheart and any woman who supports our hobby is an absolute "keeper", but I'm guessing you already know that.

Sorry you had to walk so far to see my car, but I'm glad you sacrificed your feet to come take a look. I'd have taken you for a blast in it if I wasn't blocked in at the time.

Charlie's new ERA is a drop-dead gorgeous car isn't it? I'll make sure to get him signed up with the club ASAP...

Jerry, I really enjoyed chatting with you, Dan and Jean (almost sounds like Jan & Dean doesn't it? ) at the Unique display on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing you again at Gainesville in Feb.

Fred, did you make it on Friday? Would have liked to hook up with you if I had known where you were.

All in all, it's a great way to spend three days (four if you count Sunday) and now that it's over l have to start looking forward to the Spring event, which comes up in March. It's slightly smaller than the Turkey Run (only Fri, Sat & Sun and not as many vendors or participants), but still a very good event

As a suggestion, if anyone would be interested, I'll look into getting a reserved DSCC parking area for the Spring show. Club members will have to pre-register, but that's about all it takes and the more club members who pre-register, the bigger the area they'll give us.

Dan, thanks very much for the dash plaque. Tell Jean I said hello and I'll look forward to getting together with you both again, hopefully in the not too distant future. Good luck on your paint job and with finishing up your car.

Mike

Last edited by Mike I; 11-26-2001 at 06:43 AM..
Old 11-26-2001, 07:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC, Ford 464 C.I.D. 535 H.P.
Not Ranked     

We got home Sunday after a good 7 hour drive from Daytona. Trudy and I spent the whole week there and enjoyed it. It was a pleasure to spend some time with Dan, Jean, Mike, Rick, Chuck, David (oh, oh, who have I missed?) and company at the show. Dan & Jean and I had a real good visit. Sorry I missed Fred and Joe.

BTW Dan, I was pleasantly surprised to find our room was $47/day with kithchenette! It blew me away as I expected over $100! The Weavers have found Valahalla in Daytona! They also know all the good restaurants and we enjoyed some very good meals while there. I got a prime rib in one place that was at least 48 ounces! Needless to say, I couldn't begin to eat it all. We also found some very nice seafood places.

We enjoyed the show and all the company of the Unique owners as well with Leroy, Rick & Cindy, Tim, David, John, Scott & Jennifer, Charlie, Frank, Alan & Maurice Weaver.

I booked a room for next year and that was the last one they had!

Old 11-26-2001, 09:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

Jerry,

If I had made reservations a year ago I would have been a little closer to Daytona but it worked out fine. I had about a 4 hour drive home, but was an hour away from Daytona. The only person I think we left out was Robert Lightsey who had a booth with his Hunter Cobras. I didn't get to see Robert but said hi to his son. I wish I had seen more of the show before my legs gave out, of course your electric scooter did you no good with a bad battery. I wonder if any of the guys would be interested in the one piece Cobra body I found at the show?

Dan & Jean
Old 11-26-2001, 05:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Post SORRY TO HAVE MISSED YOU'ALL

Jerry, Dan, Jean, Mike, et al,

So sorry to have missed seeing you all! I did make it over on Friday afternoon, and spent most of my time visiting with Alan, Maurice, and the Unique personnel. My son and I had a great round trip, and learned all the more about my FIA, from driving characteristics to road maintenance situations. Since it was our maiden trip in a car not fully set up (brakes, steering, engine temp and minor details like that), we were ecstatic to make a safe round trip without injury to person OR vehicle. Was reassuring to have Alan give the car a once over, and adjust the things which were obvious, as mentioned above. Hope to have the opportunity to get up with you folks as time goes on. This is definitely Cobra driving weather in Florida, and my family and I are having a ball!!