Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2015, 01:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR; 427W 6 speed IRS
Not Ranked     
Default 2015 DSCC spring cruise

Ready for some empty, twisty, inviting roads? How about some fine dining? Maybe some bench racing and lots of great comraderie?

Well, mark your calendars for the '2015 Randy's Tour De La Cobra' taking place this year on the lovely roads around Tallahassee.

April 16-18. If you have not done one of these, you are missing a great time of driving, camaraderie, dining, and just old fashion fun.

Based this year in Tallahassee. The host hotel is the Holiday Inn and suites at 2725 Graves Road, Tallahassee, 32303. Phone: 850-536-2000.

There is a block of rooms booked under the Deep South Cobra Club. The rate is $119 per night. Each of you need to make your own reservation to hold your room.

After March 26, the rooms that are not booked go away. Rooms can be hard to find in Tallahassee when the legislature is in session, so even if you are not sure you are going to make it, book the room, you can cancel with no penalty up to 24 hours in advance.

There is plenty of parking for trailers at this hotel.

The event kicks off at 6pm in the hotel lobby where we will check you in and give you the instructions for the tour. Dinner on Thursday night is not organized, but Friday and Saturday are fully planned. We will get started each day at 9.

We have some great sights and tours planned for you, and the April weather in the panhandle is usually mild and dry.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KIRKHAM 427 S/C, SHELBY 427 ALUM. STROKER
Not Ranked     

Rick:
This should be on the dscc web site also. Would be nice if there was more activity on that forum re: local (FL) events.
Ted
Old 03-14-2015, 05:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It will be on the DSCC site, hopefully by April 1. They are in the process of updating the site at this time.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We now have (at least) 18 cars signed up for this cruise. If you are on the fence, at least get your hotel reservation in by COB this coming Thursday (26th).

Great country roads to drive on, excellent dining opportunities, beautiful coastal communities and a whole bunch of like minded car guys and gals to hang around for a few days. These trips are enjoyed by all.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Randy tour

I'm going to be there going to enjoy to
Old 04-13-2015, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi everyone;

Weather: The spring cruise is ON! The bad news; there is a stalled high pressure west of us that is drawing moisture in from the gulf. We have enjoyed intermittent light rain in the region for days, and that is the prediction for the next couple of day. THE GOOD NEWS; things are looking better toward the end of the week. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday are looking good, with warm temps, partly cloudy skies and only a small chance for some light showers. The best news; most of the showers are predicted for late evening or overnight, so it looks like our cruise will be dry.

The bottom line, get yourself to Tallahassee, because life is an adventure and you can’t have adventure without adversity. In other words, don’t worry about a little rain, it will not hurt you or your car. I have been caught in my Cobra during a downpour three times, the first couple of times I was really annoyed, but now I realize those events created some fond memories to share with friends and have some laughs.

What to bring:

Clipboard with a rubber band. You can clip your route instructions on it, and the rubber band will keep the pages from flapping in the breeze.

A chamois cloth and a dry towel. Stuff these behind your seat just in case we do find some rain.

Cash. One of the places we are going to visit requires a $4 per person fee for a tour.

Business Casual attire. Our Saturday evening dining will be very upscale, as we will dine at the University Center Club inside Doak Campbell Stadium. I have planned a stop at the hotel before dinner so you will have time to change cloths and freshen up.

Earplugs. On a long ride, (anything over 20 minutes) even if your Cobra is not loud, wind noise at highway speeds can damage your hearing.

Finally, if you have not done so, please sign up for the cruise at the DSCC website. Because of a minimum dollar amount for the Saturday evening dinner, we need to collect $10 per head to cover some pre-ordered food. If anyone needs to reach out to me, call or email at any time at harper.ricky@gmail.com or 850 510 5771.

I will be in the hotel lobby Thursday evening starting at 5, and will stay for a couple of hours. If you miss me there, look for me in the hotel parking lot Friday morning at 8:30. Our departure time will be at 9am sharp!

Y’all drive safe, I look forward to seeing you later this week!