14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2002, 10:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     
Default October Atlanta get together

Thought I would start a thread on our next gathering, then again, if we want good weather, maybe someone else should

Just got back from 4 days in Savannah at Roebling Road Raceway, along with our pal JW. I am sure he will post on my shenanigans below or in a seperate thread. I am planning on doing the next Po Boys event again next month. Want to try for similar plans as last time? Also, since I think Keith was the only one to go to the Perimeter Mall, should we chop that off the meeting place list?
Old 09-30-2002, 01:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up MIGHT JUST MAKE ANOTHER RUN

Hey Toy,

If you can give me another weather interpretation like the last one, I might just be ready for another Tampa/Atlanta turnaround!
Are you just trolling for feedback? Or, are you shopping dates for a get together? Anyway, I had enough fun to give me an excuse to drive it again and see some pals.

FIAFRED
Old 10-01-2002, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'll have to pass on anything during Oct/Nov. It's not because I was left standing at the alter either, I'll be going to New york and Maui this month, and I've got to deer hunt every other spare moment. If you guys are going to get together in December, count me in.
Old 10-01-2002, 04:40 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The December get together will be in Maui...shucks...looks like you will be a month or two early

Have a blast!!
Old 10-01-2002, 05:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my first--Looking forward to #2 someday
Not Ranked     

TC;

Count me in. I really wanted to make the trek last month, but as you know, the weather really never did cooperate.
Maui sounds verrrry nice---don't blame you southernfried---hope to meet you in December.
Also, I agree about taking Perimeter Mall off the first leg. We should probably meet at the first recommended spot, which was Dreamland BBQ on Hwy 9---I suggested Andretti Speed lab up the road, and I understand (from ExcelGuru, who was there) they were closed that day for a private party!!

I may have guests in from Columbus, OH that weekend, and this guy is Cobra-owner wanna-be like none other, so he may go along with me, then maybe a party/get-together back at my house (Alpharetta) later evening, for those interested. I would love to see 5-8 Cobra's parked in my driveway--talk about a Kodak moment....

Let's stay in touch on the details.

BigEasy
Old 10-01-2002, 06:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Pics tomorrow of some new Toys for JW and I. Stay tuned.
Old 10-02-2002, 06:56 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

JW's and TC's Cobras got together and had twins.
Attached Images

Old 10-02-2002, 07:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

On to my next project
Attached Images

Old 10-02-2002, 11:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wow, and I thought I was hot stuff. Is that your actual car ? What will be the engine ? Trans .? Color ?
Can I borrow it if I am careful ? I'll wipe all the nipple prints off the hood when I'm done with it.
For a November/December get together, how about Road Atlanta Thanksgiving weekend (no offense Kieth if you don't celebrate that ).
Got any more gt350 pictures ?
Old 10-02-2002, 12:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #821,Southern Automotive 427 Side Oiler w/2x4
Not Ranked     

Whats the date for October get together? Toycollector... nice short! does it have a Parham engine in it? Also how did you get a picture of the 'Hammer' under your name? I tried but it said I had too many pixels. I couldn't figuer out how to down size it.
Thanx
Alex
Old 10-02-2002, 01:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Spyderman, good to see you back on the board.

Planning on a Parham built 392 Hemi and some sort of stout manual transmission (Doug Nash maybe) behind it. A neighbor is doing something similar and he just picked up some info on manual trannies that hook up to Hemis. The Deuce has no motor or tranny in it the way I bought it. I have NO IDEA on the color other than maybe Porsche Seal Grey (Titanium type silver) with maybe purple scallops or flames. I have no other pics of the GT350s together. The lighting in the one above is crappy as is.

Alex,

You have to shrink the heck out of the pic until it meets the pixel thresh hold. I pulled it into Paint, and just kept shrinking it and checking file size.
Old 10-02-2002, 02:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

TC
Bill must like you to build a non Ford product! Surprised he'd let you tell anyone. Whats the date for the Oct meet or is each month on a certain Sat. Im new to the club I met you at the 96 rock meet. I have the red 427
Alex
Old 10-02-2002, 03:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well Alex, Bill is the one who suggested the 392 Hemi. He has a small stash of those I guess as well If we are doing the Po Boys car show, that is always the 3rd Saturday of the month from 4-8PM. We are never married to any particular day, it's just we have all tried getting up there for 2 months and the weather made it tough.
Old 10-02-2002, 09:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up My vote for the best garage...

GEE TC!

Can I live in your garage? [Unless your referral works out, I may need to!]

Perhaps we should drop by YOUR house on the way to the party at Big Easy's!

We NEED more pics of the GT's.

SF
Old 10-02-2002, 09:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up PICTURE SIZING problem

...forgot to mention before...

I have LOTS of graphic arts software...I can do anything to a picture...just send it to me, and tell me what you want...I'd be happy to help.

SF
Old 10-03-2002, 07:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Oct 19th works for me. Ill look forward to it. Po Boys on Hwy 9? Speadfreak thanks when i get a decent picture ill take you up on your offer. Ive got the hardware and software but I really don't know how to use it well. My first computor was a TRS 80 and I wasn't a kid. Some old dogs have trouble learning tech stuff.
Old 10-03-2002, 07:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Alex, October will be the last Cruise-in of the season for the Po Boys. It is in Canton on the main drag at the Riverstone Mall I believe. If and when Keith ever sees this thread, he can fill in the particulars. SF, you would be welcome to stay at the garage, but it's already full
Old 10-03-2002, 08:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Alex, you ARE an old dog! My "first" was an Apple IIc...wish I had it today, I had some awesome spreadsheets running.

TC, sounds like you need a new building project.
Old 10-03-2002, 09:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Oct. 19th is out of the question. I am busy then. What about the petite lemans at Road Atlanta the 12th ?
Old 10-03-2002, 11:03 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars (sold)
Not Ranked     

Thanks for starting this thread, TC.

I don't have a calendar in front of me but I assume that Oct 19th is the third Saturday. Weather permitting (again) I'll try to be there.

Meeting at the BBQ place on Hwy 9 in Roswell sounds fine. Then it's off to the show in Canton (about 30 minutes from the BBQ - nice 2-lane roads).

As I've already mentioned to TC and Chill on the phone, I will be driving the Cobra to GA in the middle of next week if the weather holds out nicely. (The wife will be out of town.) I need to take it by SAE to have them take a look at a small oil leak. It's either the rear main seal or maybe just a bolt or two on the oil pan. Not sure which. It's not much. Also still having a problem with it popping out of 2nd or 4th under load. (That'll teach me not to get on it during break-in, huh?)

Nonetheless, I look forward to getting together with Chill and Mike for lunch one day. I also promised my sister that I'd swing by her work and pick up for lunch in the car. She said her co-workers will go nuts.

Back to the topic, I'll pencil in Oct 19th for the gathering.

Keith