14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2002, 08:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC, Ford 464 C.I.D. 535 H.P.
Not Ranked     
Default Jerry's Panhandle Cruise Report

The locals in the Florida Panhandle area went for an all day drive last Saturday. We had a great time and covered 150 miles of back country roads in Alabama and Florida. Complete report and pictures on our DSCC web site

www.jerryscobras.net/panhandle.htm

Pictures are by Terry Keay. He finished his Unique 289 FIA car and it's beautiful! A burled walnut dash and tan leather in a black car with a crimson red team stripe makes it different and very nicely done. We also "signed" a new member on the trip, Victor Vangrowski with a SPF 427SC and 351W crate motor.

Last edited by jerry rowley; 11-06-2002 at 08:33 AM..
Old 11-06-2002, 10:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

Jerry,
Is this your first outing since you got your Cobra back home?
Dan
Old 11-06-2002, 10:35 AM
GEAR GRINDER CUM LAUDE
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1560 w/ Ford Racing [RDI/AFR/RPM] Alum. 427CI - 575HP & TKO
Not Ranked     
Default DSCC Gatherings

Why to go guys!
I didn't think there were any liers in this club, or on the CC forums.
I wish I could start seeing some similar plans for cruises down in SE Fla. I'm sure there are some senior members over here that have more knowledge of our members and locations than me. Maybe we can get it going. I'm willing to help, but don't have the member resources to start it up.
Cobra Dan, maybe you can bring this up at the next meeting in Lutz. I'm leaving for Calif. on Sunday and won't be back until 11/21, so I'll miss the meeting.

Happy Trails,
TL
Old 11-06-2002, 03:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC, Ford 464 C.I.D. 535 H.P.
Not Ranked     

Dan,
I now have 300 miles on the new engine and all is well. I get my first oil change tomorrow.

Terry,
Dan can send you a list by zip code or city from a member list in Xcell format. Send some email around your area and see who responds. We usually try to get togther here about once every two months. It's always a lot of fun. We cruise, drive, party, eat, drag race and road race. Sometimes we even show (boo). I've eevn won trophies showing (three) but don't like to admit it! Cobra people are great, and the more the merrier!
Old 11-06-2002, 03:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking

Driving home from the meet last Saturday night on 9 mile road, an Escambia county sheriff deputy pulled up next to me (going exactly the limit). He turned on his dome light so I could see him and motions for me to crank it up (rotating his left hand in circles). So I dropped it one gear and lit them up for about 100 feet. Not enough to be dangerous but lots of noise and smoke. He gives me the thumbs up and flashed his gumballs when he departed. This is really a fun car.
Old 11-06-2002, 09:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter 427, 5.0 (302)
Not Ranked     

Terry
That is the same place that I ...err....smoked a tailgating 5.0 mustang and ...err...well exceeded the limit a little bit. The stang ran for the hills but the policeman was nice enough to pull behind me and instruct me on the fine art of obeying the limit. No ticket but I wonder why they did not go for the stang who ran? THe patrol man said we could not have been racing because I was pulling away too fast from the 5.0
Old 11-11-2002, 09:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Guys,

Sorry I missed the outing. I was in Indiana at the time. Sounds like you guys had a great time.

Hopefully, the weather will hold hold out and we'll be able to get together again soon. Maybe before the holidays when everyone will be out of town visiting relatives.