21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2002, 07:35 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars (sold)
Not Ranked     
Question South Carolina gathering?

Just testing the waters here...

Is there anyone out there interested in getting together in Columbia, Florence, or some other South Carolina location on a regular basis? I know the SC membership is sparse (and spread out) compared to the Atlanta-area group, but surely we could get a few together.

If you're out there and interested, chime in and let me know. I'd like to get a group of "regulars" in this area.

Keith
Old 11-15-2002, 11:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Keith,
Get us some more members in SC, I know that they are out there.
Dan
Old 11-15-2002, 11:46 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile

I just found found out five minutes ago that there's another guy in my town who's building one. His wife works at the South Carolina Employment Security Comission (you just never know where you're gonna find 'em). She didn't know the make, but I'm guessing FFR from what she could tell me. As soon as he calls me, we'll have a new SC member. I keep hearing "rumors" at local car shows that there are more Cobras in this general area. I'll find 'em all eventually.

Keith
Old 11-15-2002, 11:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Keith
I live in Barnwell SC,it's~60 south of columbia.
count me in.
Bill
Old 11-18-2002, 12:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Kieth,

Great idea. There are four or five Cobras here in Augusta. I have a hard time getting excited about driving to (and around) Atlanta. Us small town boys can't handle all that pressure.

John
Old 11-18-2002, 02:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 (KMP 266); CAV GT40
Not Ranked     

count me in. chuck
Old 11-18-2002, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Keith, I've got a house on the GA side(the good side ) of Lake Hartwell, is that close enough? I guess I'd better get a Cobra, then I say we get together in Anderson.
Old 11-19-2002, 05:19 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

While I am just a wannabe now - there are several Cobra's In Greenville that I would imagine be likely to participate.

Regards,

Upstate Keith - as opposed to Excelguru Keith
Old 11-19-2002, 07:28 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This is sounding more and more promising. I'll have to break out my DSCC roster tonight and call some of the folks that don't normally visit this forum.

John - I share your sentiment on the Atlanta traffic. Not exactly "Cobra-friendly" territory.

Keith - Wannabe's are always welcome!

Now, we need to figure out when and where to meet... hmm... I don't mind driving some (as is obvious by my odometer). I already have over 2000 miles on it.

Keith
Old 11-19-2002, 07:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

Keith,
Check with Al Adkins our SC rep. and Earl Groce our SC rep. they are always doing something in the Carolinas with our membership.
Dan
Old 11-19-2002, 10:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Keith, I think around Columbia (or maybe at your house) might be the best place. Its within 2 hours of just about anywhere is SC. People from Charleston, Myrtle, Greenville, Rock Hill etc, could get there by Interstate in no time. Works for people on the state line also. Maybe meet downtown or near the museam.
Old 11-19-2002, 02:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 (KMP 266); CAV GT40
Not Ranked     

I agree that Columbia makes sense from a location standpoint(no great mountain roads like the Greenville area however)Might consider meeting at John Pauls steak house downtown,and proceed from there. chuck
Old 11-20-2002, 12:56 PM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Steak... yummmmmm...

I can find John Pauls easily enough. How is their parking? Anybody got suggestions for a date? This weekend is shot for me and of course Thanksgiving weekend is out... perhaps December 7th or 8th?

Keith
Old 11-20-2002, 04:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 SC, Southern Automotive 427W Stroker
Not Ranked     

Keith,

How can you say Atlanta traffic is not Cobra friendly? Granted, you don't want to get caught in the morning and evening rush hours, but I've noticed amazing similarities between Road Atlanta and I 285. Where else can you do 100MPH and not stand out. You can blast a dozen tuners and yuppiemobiles during the course of an hour's drive.

T
Old 11-20-2002, 06:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2003 Ford Cobra Mustang
Send a message via ICQ to LateApex Send a message via AIM to LateApex
Not Ranked     

Tony, I agree with you. I actually believe, and I swear to whatever holy one you believe in, that the race track is SAFER than the interstates of Atlanta. People need to understand that in NASCAR, inches away from each other's bumper, they hardly EVER touch the brakes. Atlanta drivers (and others--I am in DC as I write this) need to learn that all hell can break loose in any second. These people need to set their alarm clocks ten minutes earlier or move closer to there work. Just ain't worth losing a life over a minute saved---UNLESS it's on the track. I feel REAL strongly about this.
Old 11-21-2002, 01:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Keith
December 7th is the better of the two dates for me,but I plan to come.whatever works best.
Bill
Old 11-26-2002, 06:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ffr tfs heads ecam
Not Ranked     
Cool

hey keith; nice to meet you yes i agree we need to get the s.c. cobras together i am getting tired of driving for 3 hrs to get where us mid-atlantic guys are. columbia would be good it's just getting a little late in the year for a open cockpit ride, although i do have my leathers.there are five of us up here that try to hang out once in awhile. two in greenville, one in spartenburg and two in greenwood, all ffr guys but it don't make no difference to us we just love cobras.just give me a hollar and we will kick it around. rick
Old 11-27-2002, 06:24 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rick - I'm keeping the 7th open as a tentative date. As you mentioned, it'll depend on the wind chill factor that weekend. If we can't get together on the 7th, we'll just wait till next spring... just as long as some of us get together locally. Those 3-hour and 4-hour drives aren't too fun (or economical) in the Cobra.

Hey look, I used "economical" and "Cobra" in the same sentence.

Keith
Old 11-27-2002, 07:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm keeping the 7th open (until my wife fills it up). Lets try to make it from 11-2 or something like that. I want to be home before the sun starts going down and it gets real cold.
Old 11-28-2002, 08:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to cobramandave
Not Ranked     

There are four of use in Augusta 3 FFRs and 1 Shell Vally you can count on. just name the location.
Closed Thread