Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2002, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #821,Southern Automotive 427 Side Oiler w/2x4
Not Ranked     
Default Nov 23rd Atlanta get together

Looks like we will get lucky Saturday Yahoo weather says Sunny and 52!
Attached Images

Old 11-21-2002, 08:11 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars (sold)
Not Ranked     

The problem for me is this... it will be in the 30's Friday night (when I plan to drive to GA). I'm rather hesitatnt about driving an open-top car for 4.5 hours in 38-degree temps. Also, my wife tends to become extremely sleepy in the evening (she's pregnant, remember) so I'm worried about her driving the chase car for that long.

Because of these two concerns (but mainly the fear of her falling asleep at the wheel), I've decided to attend the event without Cobra. I hate it more than anyone, but I'm really concerned for Elizabeth's safety during the drive. I have to keep telling myself that there will be other (warmer) weekends next spring and summer.

But I'll still be there!

Keith
Old 11-21-2002, 12:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

look forward to seeing you. Sorry about the car. At least you wouldn't have fallen asleep with the lid down. Im supposed to have a top for mine but I haven't pulled it out of the trunk. Theres enough stuff in there so im pretty sure its there. Theres a tonnue(sp?) too in there. I was ordering a trailer as I wouldn't like to drive 4.5 hrs in the SPF but im waiting till the first of next year. Got hit up for a trip to Italy I had to pay for this week which would pay for a trailer. Bill can get them under 5000.
Drive safe
Old 11-21-2002, 01:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett/Morrison- Boss 302 Stroked W/351W heads and a whole bunch of ponies
Not Ranked     

Great, so the 23rd it is. I’ll see you guys at Five Seasons around 12:30 or so.

Keith, while we have not yet met, I am proud of you. Definitely, the safety of your wife must always be ahead of the fun and excitement of getting a bunch of snakes together.

Tony, did you get your snake back from the Hospital. Maybe we can caravan down together. Let me know.

Everyday is a Holiday ... every meal is a banquet.
Old 11-21-2002, 06:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 SC, Southern Automotive 427W Stroker
Not Ranked     

Just got it home a couple of hours ago. Wow! Bill and his team did some significant magic on the hot rod. She runs smoother than when I purchased her. I was able to break 100 MPH a couple of times on the way home. Smooth as glass! I am a very happy guy.

BTW, what is the best way to get to Five Seasons? I'm thinking I will exit 285 at I 75, run over to 41 and turn left. Am I close?
Old 11-21-2002, 06:31 PM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm not sure if that's the best route. There's a nice map on the other thread about the same topic. It's just barely off I-285 on the north side.

Keith

Last edited by excelguru; 11-21-2002 at 06:41 PM..
Old 11-21-2002, 06:38 PM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile

Here it is.
Attached Images

Old 11-21-2002, 08:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2003 Ford Cobra Mustang
Send a message via ICQ to LateApex Send a message via AIM to LateApex
Not Ranked     

Keith,

Good thing you aren't into motorcycling!! I used to go riding for a few hours in 20-30 degree weather. Had a good time (though I would arrive looking for fire, whiskey, and women). I always found two of the three I respect your decision though on behalf of Elizabeth! IF I can pull it off I will be there.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone if I can't make it.
Old 11-22-2002, 04:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: one day, FFR
Not Ranked     

AMEN brother, you keep the little lady safe above all! Been there done that, my baby just turned two but I can recall the "yes ma'am, I'll do whatever the heck you want to keep you comfortable" pregnency days very clearly! Glad you are still coming. As far as I know am riding with Chip to doughnuts in the morning and then to meet you guys. See y'all there! Pray for above average temps tomorrow!

Chad
Old 11-23-2002, 06:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

So, is everyone on for lunch today? Hopefully it will warm up during the next couple of hours.
Old 11-23-2002, 06:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2003 Ford Cobra Mustang
Send a message via ICQ to LateApex Send a message via AIM to LateApex
Not Ranked     

I may be able to make it, depends on my son's soccer game and how late it is. Chad, did you hear about all the carnage up at Road Atlanta last weekend, which is when I think you pal was goingup there? 3 total wrecks, one broken arm, etc. It was the Panoz Driving school, and one of my friends is an instructor there--said it was total mayhem. One of the other instructors totalled is WRX.
Old 11-24-2002, 05:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Unique FIA - SA 396 Stroker
Not Ranked     
Default Fine Time

My second meeting with fellow gear heads was great - only thing missing was my car. Hurry up February !!!!! The weather was nearly perfect and the cars way cool. This is going to be fun !!!!!!

T.C. I lied - I do miss flying around the track, I need to figure out a way to get back in the seat. With so many cars in the area we should be able to organize some track time next spring and summer.

Randy

Last edited by GeorgiaSnake; 11-24-2002 at 06:26 AM..
Old 11-24-2002, 11:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Agreed. That was fun. I got on it a couple of times on the way home. At first, I thought that new clutch was slipping on the hard shifts. But when I got home, I could smell the back tires burning. I've been burning leaves all day in this beautiful weather. I can't stand it any longer. I'm about to fire the baby up and take a quick spin. Maybe I'll get back before my fire takes out the neighborhood. Looking forward to the next lunch.

T
Old 11-25-2002, 07:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Picture of Saturdays line up is too big to post here. Ill put yhem in my pictures file (hope it works) Otherwise anyone wants one by email lret me know and ill send them.
Turns out we really got nice weather hey gang?