14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2002, 06:59 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars (sold)
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Columbia, SC Lunch (Dec 7th)

Saturday
December 7th
11:30 AM
Columbiana Mall parking lot

Take exit #103 from I-26 (Harbison Boulevard) and travel west. The mall is on your right.

THIS MAP may help some.

We'll decide on where to eat after arrival. My cell number is .... Please write it down and keep it with you in the event of mechanical problems (you never know).

Attendees:
excelguru (duh)
...and my wife
Hal Copple (maybe)
B L & Sons
jhaynie
creamsicle
ENTDOC
MCathcart
Rick Williams
Keith Brown (maybe?)
TerrysSPF
Paul Brannon
and hopefully many more!

Keith

Last edited by excelguru; 02-07-2003 at 08:10 AM..
Old 12-06-2002, 11:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to cobramandave
Not Ranked     

Sorry Keith the Boss said I cant' come out and play. My son has a
gymnastics compition in Atlanta at 4:00. Maybe next nextime.
Old 12-06-2002, 12:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ffr tfs heads ecam
Not Ranked     
Cool

all right keith, we will be there at the mall at 11:30, i also called paul brannon and he said to count him in, so i got four of us coming outstanding, see you there. rick
Old 12-06-2002, 12:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 (KMP 266); CAV GT40
Not Ranked     

Rick,do you have a passenger for tomorrow? chuck smith
Old 12-06-2002, 01:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Chuck,

Nope...No passenger and it's no problem if you're looking for a ride. Check you e-mail for my phone # and give me a call. We'll figure out how to hook up.
Old 12-06-2002, 01:38 PM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars (sold)
Not Ranked     

Dave - No problem. Family always comes first. Hope he does well. Give him our best wishes. Catch ya next spring!

Rick - I added Paul. My list is probably missing some folks, anyway.

Man, it's gonna be a COLD start in the morning! Kinda makes me wish I had a soft top...

...and a heater.

Keith
Old 12-06-2002, 01:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I just realized there are two Ricks. Creamsicle and me.

Chuck...were you looking for a ride from Creamsicle or me. Either way is fine by me but Creamsicle is in Greenville and I'm in Spartanburg.

Rick (yellow cobra, not creamsicle color) Williams
Old 12-06-2002, 01:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 (KMP 266); CAV GT40
Not Ranked     

Rick W,actually I was thinking of creamsicle,however either one of you would be great. chuck
Old 12-06-2002, 06:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm meeting Paul in Chaples (SC) at 10:15 am and then we'll meet the Ricksters on I-26 @ Ext. 219.

Got-a-mighty it's going to be cold so the flask has OFC in it!

Mike
FFR 2335 & 3917 SB
Old 12-06-2002, 06:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 396 CI
Not Ranked     

ok, the Escape plan is finalized. First, i roll the Great Stroker out, then hose off the soot on the engine, then push it down the driveway, and fire it off, and head south on I-77. So, i'll be there. Baring another adventure, of course.

hal
IV Corps 71-72, Gulf War
Old 12-07-2002, 01:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We made it back (home)!

Enjoyed meeting everyone today except Lt. Obberman. Uh... Paul Brannon do you remember meeting Lt. Obberman before? I was less than 2 miles from my house H-72 (4 lane outside of town) and see one of the unmarked HP cars coming at us. I'm in the left lane doing about 65 with a Jeep and a big white van in the right lane at the same speed that are in front of me. As soon as we pass the HP car I see brakes and the lights come on. I tell my son, "That Pecker Head in the unmarked car is coming after us". Before I could turn left on the road I live on he's all over the back of the Cobra. After I turn, stop and slowly start to get out of the car as he walks up, "You don't mind if I get out, do you"? As soon as I'm standing on the pavement I ask the first question. "Why are you stopping me"? He says I clocked you doing 66 in a 55 zone. I replied, "NO WAY. I had the Jeep and the large van in front of me and I was in the left lane behind them since I was turning". Then he says he clocked me at 65, so I tell him "No Way" again and I totally understand how radar works and present my argument that he clocked the Jeep or the van, not me. So he starts stuttering again saying I was doing 66. I told him if he'd clocked Me at 66 I wouldn't be arguing. Then he tells me that he’s already stopped me for speeding before. I used the same argument, “NO WAY” and he says “Yes I have”. “Look, you have Never Stopped me before in this car or any car” and he starts to stutter more. This is the only car like this in Greenwood (he says). And I replied, No it’s not. There’s a solid blue one that’s from the lake area. He starts to back off at this point and decided to give me a warning. I also told him that in 9,000 miles I’d never been stopped have defensive driving and track experience. If I'm a State Trooper and I meet three vehicles and clock somebody out of the three doing 65 who would I stop? The one in the front or the one that would be most considered unsafe.

A word of warning... Watch traffic and try to stay out of the left lane. The other point I argued was, how are you sure you clocked me. He didn’t reply to this question since he knew as well as I did, he didn’t get a reading off the Cobra. Fiberglass cars bounce back less signal back than metal ones. Be careful and drive Safe! Hey Paul, look at you license to be sure it doesn’t have my name on it, and if Lt. Obberman stops you again tell him he missed a good one today. There were two more serious charges he could have busted me on, OK three actually!

Mike
FFR 2335 & 3917 SB
Old 12-08-2002, 09:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I just spoke to Paul and he's never met PH Obberman and never been stopped in 21,000 miles in his car.

I have a couple of pictures from yesterday if someone could direct me to site to upload the pictures!

Thanks,

Mike
FFR 2335 & 3919 SB
Old 12-08-2002, 04:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

Mike,
You tell him you know of 20 other Cobras in SC besides you and half of them are Blue/White. Did you freeze your little butts off yesterday? We were only 78, this damn winter weather. I hope I see all of you come May.
Dan