14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2003, 05:03 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     
Default Southern's Hospitality

Well, I woke up today and I felt the need to embalm my clothes with the fine aroma of a newly born 427 Side Oiler's first burp of exhaust. That combined with my determination to get my pal "carrerajon" into the Cobra fold and both of our schedule's begging for a little automotive R&R, he and I road tripped it down to McDonough for a trip to see the great folks at Southern Automotive. I called Susan and she said their schedule would work. We arrived to see Lewis "cutting the cord" as a beautiful aluminum Side oiler was letting out it's first authoritative rumble for final careful inspection and tuning for shipment. My shirt smells so good now it won't be washed for sometime. There is some lucky guy who will be receiving a wonderful motor, thats for sure. Bill was on the phone a bit of course--probably with Chill or GeorgiaSnake

We also got to see Chill and GeorgiaSnake's motors in the final stages of assembly Just kidding, actually they were only working on GeorgiaSnake's since he paid 2 cents more in total price after tax than Chill . After all, Bill is a smart business man. They also mentioned something about too much Wild Turkey and forgetting who gave it to them--they think it was GS, so that also moved him up in the queue. Too bad you will both be behind the "Elephant Motor" though for shipment As a matter of fact, you may want to get used to being behind it permanently We then left for Bruce Bunn's place and got to see a certain "Rocket" in the making. It will be one of the COOLEST cars out there--stay tuned. I feel real sorry for the sap who goes toe to toe with that when it's done. It's like picking a gun fight with Dirty Harry!!

Geez, I hope this thread doesn't get Chill or GS fired up, no siree . All that said, you haven't lived til you drove a 911 with a stick in Atlanta traffic for two hours Flew up 675 and 285 and right around to the 85 intersection got to hear WSB announce the lovely mess on 400. It was worth it though.
Old 01-03-2003, 05:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Unique FIA - SA 396 Stroker
Not Ranked     

Hey T.C. I was on the phone when you stumbled into SAE. Susan told me you were looking to upgrade to a small block. Something about weak arms, big blocks and twisties

Bill is doing my motor first - I told him chill was looking at my pointy thing and he flipped out

Carrerajon needs to jump into the fray and build a Unique FIA car
Old 01-03-2003, 05:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

"I was on the phone when you stumbled into SAE"

I got there this afternoon, not New Year's Eve!!

I may have weak arms, but wait til you see my left leg after a one hour jaunt up Roswell Road. Arnold would be proud!! My clutch is probably still glowing.

A small block is a 427/428 FE motor right. They do look tiny compared to the Elephant motor I already have one of those "little" 427s though.

Last edited by ToyCollector; 01-03-2003 at 05:35 PM..
Old 01-06-2003, 03:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: former Unique289
Not Ranked     

That's ok, boys. I called Susan and made sure she knew where the Wild Turkey came from. Seems the production schedule just changed again...sorry GS...but order had to be restored.

GS what's your hurry anyway? From the picture of your garage, you have a ways to go... What are all those blotches on the floor? ...maybe a little degreaser?...and a visit to Sears in your future?

TC... I'm still working on the whole 'following an elephant' image... ...I'll let Randy take that position...
Old 01-06-2003, 05:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC, Southern Automotive "Super FE" - 452ci FE390 Monster!
Send a message via Yahoo to patrija
Not Ranked     

Hey guys, it's been awhile since I checked in and I hope everyone had a good holiday! I'm doing a bit of travelling again, but hopefully we can have a drive/lunch soon.... although if we keep having days like this past Saturday. Damn, that was a cold day!

My cobra sprung a leak (oil) during a Thanksgiving drive, so I'm going to crawl around and to try to find it. I've been meaning to since then, but no time so far. Actually, I'll probably do the smart thing and take it back to "Dad". Who knows, if I can convince Wendy maybe I'll look into that new upgraded 390....
Old 01-06-2003, 06:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Old car with 6 banger
Not Ranked     

TC,
Shirley you jest, we all know they work on the 427's ahead of the small blocks regardless of who was first.

And whats up with your post count, going in reverse? Trying to hit 427 again.

DC

Jason,
good to hear your back.
Old 01-06-2003, 07:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Life is good, I get to go to 427 posts all over again ;-) . I love it. Good to see Jason and Skeeter (DC) on the board.

Jason, a sudden oil leak? I'd take it too dad, or park it in GeorgiaSnake's garage for a while so he can fill in the unblotched portions of his floor.
Old 01-07-2003, 07:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to Carrerajon
Not Ranked     

Well now I know why I like these guys!! You all have just WAY TOO MUCH FUN!!!

It is certainly no holds barred with this crew!!

Glad to see you all have such a good time! This certainly makes my decision to get a Cobra over a Fiberfab Avanger kit very easy!

Play nice!!!
Old 01-07-2003, 07:55 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     

Hope Bill and Sue treat Northerners just as well as you guys down there. Just placed my order with them yesterday!!

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."
Old 01-07-2003, 10:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #821,Southern Automotive 427 Side Oiler w/2x4
Not Ranked     

Chaplin
What did you order? We'll send a couple boys down there to look out for you
Old 01-07-2003, 10:43 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks. I appreciate all the local help I can get.
I ordered a 428 with a single quad.

List of goodies includes:
Blue Thunder intake
Edelbrock Heads
Eagle rods
Edel. aluminum water pump
Comp Cams roller rockers
March aluminum pulleys
Complete MSD ignition system
Turkey Pan
Surge tank

and probably some other stuff that I forgot.

If everything works out right, car and engine should be done just about the same time.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."

Last edited by Chaplin; 01-07-2003 at 11:20 AM..
Old 01-07-2003, 11:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Chaplin,

Your Blue Thunder intake is in good hands. It's sitting right next to me here You have great taste!!
Old 01-07-2003, 11:59 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sitting right next to you??
You'd better promise to take good care of it. Tuck it in and give it an extra blanket at night

Old 01-08-2003, 04:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Unique FIA - SA 396 Stroker
Not Ranked     

chill
What are all those blotches on the floor? ...maybe a little degreaser?...and a visit to Sears in your future?

Jason
My cobra sprung a leak (oil) during a Thanksgiving drive,

Now you know my delima - I wanted an FE but couldn't afford it - So I have done the next best thing - Placed oil droppings on the garage floor so everyone will think I have one

Randy
Old 01-08-2003, 04:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking

Excellent. I think I will spread some oil around too, that way I can tell people its a 427 and as long as they don't try to follow me through the twisties, they will never know!!!

Old 01-09-2003, 07:40 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

FOR SALE: Genuine FE oil droppings. Price: "If you have to ask.."

Details: We collected one drop in last week and it has been sold, check back next week
Old 01-10-2003, 05:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I hope they are not too expensive, Randy's doing his garage in them and he still needs a few to finish covering his floor... on second look, he only needs a VERY few

..all the others appear to be genuine...just not genuine FE, (unless FE stands for Fecal-Emissions)...