Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2003, 02:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Unique FIA - SA 396 Stroker
Not Ranked     
Default February Meeting

Just doing this to add to my post count and beat TC to the punch. Anybody have any ideas for a get together in Feb.? How about Andretti's place Roswell?

Hope you guys enjoyed the audio clip of my engine running Friday - it was right off of chill's voice mail. I have tried to attach the real one. If it doesn't work I wil email it to anyone that wants it.

Speaking of chill he is going to change his handle to goober next week. Since his motor still won't be finished . Based on the body buck he built I think he is planning to mold his own body.
Old 01-21-2003, 06:29 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

GS, I have never been there, probably cause I'm too stingy--I hear it's pricey--but what do I know as I have never been. Are you now thinking of painting your FIA red versus silver, based on your other post on the CSX poster car?

Red is a great color to make slow things look quick
Old 01-21-2003, 08:11 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars (sold)
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by ToyCollector

Red is a great color to make slow things look quick
Hey, wait a minute...

Keith
Old 01-21-2003, 11:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #821,Southern Automotive 427 Side Oiler w/2x4
Not Ranked     

Hey don't pick on red!
But black is better to sneek in at nite
Old 01-21-2003, 12:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my first--Looking forward to #2 someday
Not Ranked     
Default February Mtg

GS---

Andretti's would be good, but be careful if it's scheduled there--we tried once before, but the placed was booked for a private party, and not open to the public that day. There is a Fudrucker's there as well.
BigEasy
Old 01-21-2003, 01:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett/Morrison- Boss 302 Stroked W/351W heads and a whole bunch of ponies
Not Ranked     
Angry

What's wrong with RED ???

Andretti's is fine. Nail down a day and pray for some warm weather.

Hector

Everyday is a Holiday ... every meal is a banquet.
Old 01-21-2003, 02:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my first--Looking forward to #2 someday
Not Ranked     

Nothing wrong with RED

In fact, If I heard those commentators on the Barrett-Jackson auction say "Resale Red" one more time........

or, "if the top goes down...the price goes up"

I always heard it called arrest-me red

BigEasy
Old 01-21-2003, 03:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

For those of you that haven't been to Andrettis it's pretty cool. You can sit up in the bar watch the go-kart guys go at it, it even has a glass floor over the track. Fudruckers makes ok burgers and the parking lot is huge, even has a skid pad.
If we pick a date or two I'll call and see if they have any conflicts. Or we can meet someplace else. Or we can finish my car - it should be here

Randy

TC with the little tiny motor Bill did for me I need to look fast - possibly flames and a wing.

Alex - don't think a Cobra can sneak anywhere.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: former Unique289
Not Ranked     
Default Andretti's

Andrettis is fun, set a date and I'll be there!

For those who have not ben there, check out their website:
http://www.andrettispeedlab.com/
Old 01-22-2003, 09:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to Carrerajon
Not Ranked     

Howdy! Andrettis is pretty interesting and it would be wise to check and see if they have a private party booked. We may also have an in with the ticket guys. He is a PCA member and we have held a few meetings there or just went over and they did a little razzle-dazzle with the usual $18 a session tickets so it was much more realisticly priced. I will do a little snooping and see if he is still there.

Also, if the weather is nice, maybe an early breakfast/coffee start and do a drive up to Brasstown etc? There is a movement afoot to see if we can keep the trend of the Cars & Coffee thing going at 9am the first Sat of the month at the Carribo Coffee on Hwy 92 in the plaze that had the Race car store in it. That might be a good meeting point/launch site?

Just a thought!

GS: You have an air of expectant father about you!! What a neat car you guys are going to have!!

PS: ask me again if I miss 7 degree below days with 800 feet of snow!! Not!! That is why I am never unahppy in GA!!

See y'all later! John
Old 01-24-2003, 05:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 (KMP 266); CAV GT40
Not Ranked     

ok guys what is the date?My car will not be ready but I wil come if I can from Greenville,SC. chuck
Old 01-25-2003, 07:00 PM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile

I can make the 15th for lunch. Probably with a friend in tow. There's an all-female baby shower in GA that day, so I'll be looking for something to do.

Whether or not my Cobra can make it is up in the air at the moment (but doubtful).

Keith
Old 01-26-2003, 04:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

TC get out your crystal ball and give us a forecast for the next three weekends. Any weekend will work for me as my Pathfinder has heat, windows and a roof.

I have a need to hear the rumble and my car will be in pieces in the garage.

Randy

Raiders by 10
Old 01-26-2003, 04:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 SC, Southern Automotive 427W Stroker
Not Ranked     

So Keith, what's "up in the air" all about. Mechanical issues? Atlanta could use one more "wild man" on I-285.
Old 01-26-2003, 05:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2003 Ford Cobra Mustang
Send a message via ICQ to LateApex Send a message via AIM to LateApex
Not Ranked     
Default Forget Road Atlanta, try GA400/\!

Folks, you would not believe what I saw today at about 5:37PM north bound on GA400. I was towing my race car home in it's trailer, so I am always checking mirrors for an "escape" if needed. I look in lane 2nd from left and see a late model gold Suburban with a also gold Chevy Impala behind it, about 2-3 feet off the back bumper. Something made me check again. I say to self, are they towing that thing? Must be, it's awefully close!! Then I see Impala darting side to side. Now I say, "this needs even more watching, I think I know what I am going to see, but there can be no way!" My mind at this time knew something was off, but did not know causal.

Sure enough, Suburban changes lane, still behind me, so does Impala, still "in tow". OK, they ARE towing!! They are now in high speed lane and pass me. Impala was NOT officially being towed at 80mph. A lady, (I refuse to clarify any further descripters as I would only make Neil Boortz's case stronger) was on this Suburban's A$$. If the driver so much as sneezed, she would have kissed his Suburban's A$$. I was HORRIFIED!! That after a day on the racetrack with understeer so bad I prayed more than an alterboy!! These people are INSANE!!!

Keith, what's up with the car??????

[edited for typos, as usual]

Last edited by LateApex; 01-26-2003 at 05:32 PM..
Old 01-27-2003, 06:41 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Nothing is wrong with the car... runs as strong as ever... just worried about wind chill factor between here and GA and back. Also, 7-month-pregnant wife would have to drive sperately. She's not too keen about that idea.

I'm always a "wild man" on 285, regardless of vehicle. That loop is a virtual racetrack.

Keith
Old 01-27-2003, 07:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: former Unique289
Not Ranked     
Default February Reception

OK, as for the February meeting. I have cleared with the wife to invite the club to the house for lunch on the 15th. Menu will likely be pizza and beverages and Unique says the car will be there by the 8th. Now, anyone who thinks this is a lame attempt to get advice and free labor ought to be ... well you're kinda right, but I wanted to do a reception when the car arrived and my neighborhood's too quiet lately!!

It will be cheaper than Andretti's, the garage is heated, and I got permission to go into the house if we want too!

Thoughts?
Old 01-27-2003, 07:44 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Keith, have you ever had the top up on your car? If the weather continues, I may give it a whirl with mine. Glad to hear Elizabeth and you are nearing "end of term" well! She needs the comfort. Anyway, you have been to more meetings in an According fashion, one more will be fine.
Old 01-27-2003, 07:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Chill hits the send button 60 seconds before me. Hmmm....Chill sure you wanna do this?? Can I bring my nitro burning Funny Car that is street legal??....(just kidding folks) You won't even know I'm there as I eat and drink like a bird. I usually only eat 3 large Pizzas and drink less than a case of beer in the afternoon. Oh, no anchovies please, light on the cheese, thin crust only, I use a fork and knife, I expect glassware for the beer...and I hope the plumbing is up to par, no less than 2 ply please.......Ohhhhh, can I bring anything other than pizza and beer, and tools?
Old 01-27-2003, 07:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Did I read that right - beer and pizza at chills - he will do anything to one up me - but he better check my motor and find the difference - before he makes this feeble attempt at stealing my thunder. I have him in my sights

The 15th would be cool with all of the cars packing his cul-de-sac - I might put sidepipes on my Pathfinder and join the fray.

I'm sure chill will have parking and seating arrainged well in advance

Count me in