Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2003, 04:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 SC, Southern Automotive 427W Stroker
Not Ranked     
Default Afternoon cruises

I feel like a junkie. With the recent rash of beautiful days, I find myself leaving work earlier and earlier to take countryside cruises while the sun's still out. The temp is perfect. I've become horribly addicted to the sensation I get from that little red car. If daylight savings time doesn't get here soon, I may get fired.
Old 03-25-2003, 04:32 PM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars (sold)
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Man, I hear ya!

I drove mine to work Friday and today. Wish I had driven it yesterday, too. I somehow manage to hang around 'til quitting time, but it's tough. What a blast. This morning was especially fun with the cool, crisp air adding a tad more power!

Keith
Old 03-25-2003, 06:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: former Unique289
Not Ranked     

It's not driveable yet...
...and when it is it is going to rain...
Old 03-26-2003, 11:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

Oh my, you poor souls have it tough!!! NO SYMPATHY HERE. Wanna be in my shoes?(which is how I get around now ). It's one thing to not have a Cobra and want one. It's slightly better to have one and be building it (Chill!).

It's at it's worst when you had one, and now don't have one to even drive !! . Addiction at it's worst!!

On a side note, had a great dinner (and drinks of course) with BLACKJACK last night while on business in Virginia. He has enough stories as part of the life he has lived and is living, he could tell stories all night long. He picked up a penny as we left the restaurant, I am hoping it is a lucky penny. Looking forward to meeting the other cast of deviant characters at DVSFIII.

Last edited by ToyCollector; 03-26-2003 at 11:55 AM..
Old 03-26-2003, 12:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

So TC, what's the schedule for Snake II? Or in other words, how long must you endure impotence?
Old 03-26-2003, 07:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking

Tony, you really think a new car will cure TC? I hear he was compensating with the 'Hammer'...
Old 03-27-2003, 03:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Chill, what's your assembly schedule now through Sunday? Do you work on it during the week?
Old 03-27-2003, 04:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well Tony, it seems I need to call the Kirkhams and find out. Car should be arriving from Poland anyday now. then 30-60 days to finish the roller aspect. Start motor at same time. Long story short, hoping for 60-90 days or ESSENTIALLY before DVSFIII.

I am now "compensating" for lack of Hammer with Beer
Old 03-27-2003, 06:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Still waiting...

Tony, I am trying to gather parts and do what I can on the chassis to be ready for final assembly. Looks like Bruce will be bringing the body Saturday, but from then on, I imagine I won't go far from the garage!! I usually get some work done in the evenings after work.... or just sit on the chassis and watch TV making engine noises

TC: Good plan, I think I'll try some compensating!!

p.s. Bruce is getting ready to paint a Kirkham, you might want to talk to him about yours. If you want to see his work, give me a call.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Afternoon Cruises?

Since you guys are on the topic of building new cars, how are you guys going about getting them registered in Georgia? I am getting closer to finishing mine and hope to have it done in a month or two. I have insurance, now I just need to register it. Someone told me I need to go about it the same way I would for a salvage vehicle, i.e. put in an inspection request. Has anyone gone this route and how long do I have to wait for them to come out and inspect the car?

The other option appears to be using the bill of sale and titling the car as a 66.

Thanks for any insight.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

R&B, I recommend getting with some owners offline on your question--BIG BROTHER may be watching, just ask some folks in California.